PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning to Tyree top ESPN's NFL's All Decade Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's got a "respect my team!!!!!" agenda

Who doesn't? You?

Hey, you don't respect my team, that's fine. That's part of the FUN of the game. That's right, fun. It's a game...entertainment. I don't play the game, and neither do you, I suspect. I'm more worried about respecting individuals, namely me and mine. Those that want respect, give respect. I think it was Tony Soprano that said that. Very wise man.

What if you lived in Detroit? You would be a Lion's fan...0-16. If I said "the Lions suck," would you act as though I just slapped your mother? Get a grip. Me? I'd say, "yeah, the Lions DO suck," and I'd remember to differentiate that we weren't talking about me, those I care about, or the city in which I live.

I need to get a life? I'm talking about football. I swear to God, this is probably the least friendly board for the teams of other fans that I've been on. I say I'm a Bills fan, and somebody automatically wants to stomp on my head and discredit every honest opinion I have based on the fact that I'm a Bills fan.

And your assessment is stupid, if you'll pardon me for saying so. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that I'd be a better person than you if the team I was rooting for beat the team you were rooting for. You'd really have to be a douchebag of the highest degree to tie your self-worth up in a football game that you have absolutely no control over in the first place.

Keep it in perspective, please, and tone down the personnal attacks down a notch. I didn't attack anyone.

I have good friends that are Patriots fans, and you aren't one of them...but that's your choice.

I already told you I don't hate you or any Bills fan for that matter; pity is the word I'd choose.

And you don't know me from Adam; my self worth is not tied into my team beating your team.

The Patriots lost the Super Bowl vs the Giants and the perfect season got flushed down the toilet, but guess what; the sun came up the next day. Every day above ground is a good day, I've had enough personal tragedy in my life the past year and a half to put sports in it's proper perspective, so relax.

I could care less what team you root for; the post you made where you drooled over the Tyree catch, talked about the Panther kick that sailed out of bounds, mentioned the tuck rule and topped it off with a spygate reference was annoying. You are on a Patriots fan forum in case you forgot.

It would be like me coming to your forum and talking about the Norwood miss, losing four strait super bowls, your team roaring out of the gate in 2003 and then faltering down the stretch and missing the playoffs and the possibility of the Bills moving to Toronto.

Then you compound things by giving a blow by blow description of the Tyree catch, like none of us are familar with the play, which would be like me telling you blow by blow about Norwood missing the field goal vs the Giants.

And you fit the classic "Hey, I just want to talk football" pattern I've seen from opposing fans time and time and time again (Dino and Gunnails among others not withstanding), only to turn into a Patriot basher in the end.

Prove me wrong.

Not only that, but that was the same week my girlfriend feel down the stairs drunk. While I was mixing it up here making friends, she kept telling me to turn down the T.V., which wasn't even on...medication. I remember specifically that was the thread that Patjew told me he didn't like me, then said he hoped my girlfriend was alright in the next breath.

Look it up...it's out there somewhere.

Hey, I never said I didn't like you! Not exactly...

I think you guys suck and your move sucks and your message board must suck if you're here.

Good luck this season.

PS - I hope your GF feels beeter. Please send me some of her meds.

It was the T.O. Thread, and I hope the girlfriend is alright.

Yeah, she's fine. It's kinda hard to be popular when you are so far outnumbered was the thing, I guess. I used to hate T.O. before he came to Buffalo, too. I asked my father why that was, and he told me it's because we are a couple of whores. I had to agree.

The air-time T.O. gets, often over nothing, is ridiculous. I still think it's ridiculous, but now I also kinda like it. I know the only reason for that is that he's on my team now, which still kinda feels surreal.

LOL, that sounds like the kind of crappy thing I might say. Sorry about that! :eek:

That's alright. Who could ever hate a Jew? LOL. Certainly not me. I was kinda surprised by the way you came out and said it, since I didn't intentionally offend anyone. Thought it was unfair is all. That's why I remember it. But it's not a big deal. I've got thicker skin than that...didn't cry or anything. Don't be sorry. I expected someone to say something like that anyway, coming here with an unpopular opinion.

I just prefer it when people get to know me before they decide not to like me. Usually, I don't like them either.

Hey, I never said I didn't like you! Not exactly...

Dunno, buddy, that post was edited like six minutes after it was originally posted. I remember you saying "I don't like you." Those were the exactly words. Maybe, being the good-hearted man you are, you decided that was a little harsh and changed it, if that was in fact the same post I am talking about.

Doesn't really matter, though, does it. What really matter is that the Bills must have felt like Appolo Creed in Rocky II when Norwood missed that field goal.

Dunno, buddy, that post was edited like six minutes after it was originally posted. I remember you saying "I don't like you." Those were the exactly words. Maybe, being the good-hearted man you are, you decided that was a little harsh and changed it, if that was in fact the same post I am talking about.

Doesn't really matter, though, does it. What really matter is that the Bills must have felt like Appolo Creed in Rocky II when Norwood missed that field goal.

I wish I could deny that, but I trust your memory on it. Funny, I don't think I usually say "I like you" or "I don't like you", and evidently I used them both on you. How ironical.

That's alright. Who could ever hate a Jew? LOL..

Yes, truly unimagineable!

Anyhoo, I'm flying in from China to see your boys play mine in the season opener. I hope that a good time is had by all and that the Pats kick ass. If you come in for the game, let me know.

Ok, time to crack out the peace pipe and find something we can all agree on.

Let's start out easy.....

Lions suck.

I already told you I don't hate you or any Bills fan for that matter; pity is the word I'd choose.

That's a form of patronism, isn't it? I happen to love being a Bills fan, and I have fun during every game. The only time I'm truly upset is when we lost when I felt we should have won.

And you don't know me from Adam; my self worth is not tied into my team beating your team.

Good for the two of us...and I'm not the butt-munch on whatever youtube video you sarcasticly accused me of being, either.

The Patriots lost the Super Bowl vs the Giants and the perfect season got flushed down the toilet, but guess what; the sun came up the next day. Every day above ground is a good day, I've had enough personal tragedy in my life the past year and a half to put sports in it's proper perspective, so relax.

You first.

I could care less what team you root for; the post you made where you drooled over the Tyree catch, talked about the Panther kick that sailed out of bounds, mentioned the tuck rule and topped it off with a spygate reference was annoying. You are on a Patriots fan forum in case you forgot.

Fair enough.

If it was annoying, just remember that it wasn't disrespectful. I do continue to drool over the Tyree catch. No offense, but I like it as much as you don't...but even YOU should appreciate it for what it is as a football fan. I'm not rubbing your nose in it; it's in the title of the thread, so I talked about it. Never said "ha, ha" or anything. The article called it the play of the decade. It was a damn good play...won't see anything like that in a long time in that situation. I only brought up the kick out of bounds because somebody said something about the Tyree catch being luck, so I was playing devil's advocate. The tuck rule was part of the article the thread was about. Was it or was it not a memorable call? Again, I didn't put a value judgment on it. I asked if anyone had a problem with it being called the most memorable call. Then I said I sure do remember it, as does just about any football fan I know.

I'm not causing trouble at all...at least not trying to. Gimme a break. The Patriots have won three Super Bowls this decade. What more do you want?

It would be like me coming to your forum and talking about the Norwood miss, losing four strait super bowls, your team roaring out of the gate in 2003 and then faltering down the stretch and missing the playoffs and the possibility of the Bills moving to Toronto.

No it wouldn't.

First of all, you are free to come to my Bills board and talk about the subject of any thread. Please do. We like to hear opinions of others. I mainly go to buffalorange.com. My username their is Westphal, which is my real last name, by the way.

Please come and give your honest opinion. Just remember to show some respect, as I've done here.

BTW, someone already DID bring up wide-right and losing four Super Bowls in a Row in a rub-your-nose-in-it type fashion, but that's to be expected because I'm on your board. Would you care to bring up the Music City Miracle? Go ahead...I'm game.

Then you compound things by giving a blow by blow description of the Tyree catch, like none of us are familar with the play, which would be like me telling you blow by blow about Norwood missing the field goal vs the Giants.

That catch is what the thread is about. If you aren't over it now, maybe you need some therapy or shouldn't look into such threads. I was comparing the Manning-to-Tyree catch to Vinitieri's kick as the play of the decade. That's all it was. Sorry you couldn't stomach the graphicness of it all

And you fit the classic "Hey, I just want to talk football" pattern I've seen from opposing fans time and time and time again (Dino and Gunnails among others not withstanding), only to turn into a Patriot basher in the end.

Patjew and Deus Irae used to hate me too.

Prove me wrong.

I'm working on that. Might take some time. Meantime, you might give me a chance, right? Take my word that I'm not here to bash the Patriots. I already said what a good team they are. I'd rate them top two in the league right now. Sorry if everything doesn't always go their way.

Yes, truly unimagineable!

Anyhoo, I'm flying in from China to see your boys play mine in the season opener. I hope that a good time is had by all and that the Pats kick ass. If you come in for the game, let me know.

Flying in from China? How friggin' long does that take? When you land, be sure to tell everyone "I just flew in from China, and boy are my arms tired." I heard there are trillions of people in China. If there were a simple answer, I'd ask you how it is in China. Knew a guy that lived in Japan for a while, but that's hardly the same thing.

That opening game is going to be crazy...Brady's return and all that. There is going to be fan/media frenzy about that. Also, I'd be completely shocked if the Patriots lost that game. They've pretty much had the Bills' number for quite some time, to say the least. I can't make it to that game myself...I don't have the arm strength.

Funny, I don't think I usually say "I like you" or "I don't like you", and evidently I used them both on you. How ironical.

Strange, indeed. I don't think many people say those things like that in general.

I gotta ask: do you speak Chinese? Can you read whatever chicken-scratch that looks like? Sounds and looks like a VERY slippery language. Finally, for a touch of the old stereotype, there's probably nothing like going to China to make you feel taller. LOL. Seriously, I'd love to see the country.

Flying in from China? How friggin' long does that take? When you land, be sure to tell everyone "I just flew in from China, and boy are my arms tired." I heard there are trillions of people in China. If there were a simple answer, I'd ask you how it is in China. Knew a guy that lived in Japan for a while, but that's hardly the same thing.

That opening game is going to be crazy...Brady's return and all that. There is going to be fan/media frenzy about that. Also, I'd be completely shocked if the Patriots lost that game. They've pretty much had the Bills' number for quite some time, to say the least. I can't make it to that game myself...I don't have the arm strength.

The exact trip time is "pretty effing long". It will be about 24 hours door o door. But it's worth it and I can't wait to see TFB, the throwback uni's, and everything else.

Strange, indeed. I don't think many people say those things like that in general.

I gotta ask: do you speak Chinese? Can you read whatever chicken-scratch that looks like? Sounds and looks like a VERY slippery language. Finally, for a touch of the old stereotype, there's probably nothing like going to China to make you feel taller. LOL. Seriously, I'd love to see the country.

I don't speak or read Chinese. My kids can get by OK speaking now, at least very simple conversations. I can order beer and ask for the waitress and check at a restaurant. That's enough for me.

Yeah, I usually feel pretty gigantic here, even though I'm 5'9" and pretty much medium-sized.

China is a great place... to visit.

Last edited:
The exact trip time is "pretty effing long". It will be about 24 hours door o door. But it's worth it and I can't wait to see TFB, the throwback uni's, and everything else.

When you land, you're going to not only be in a different time zone, but a different day. I hope that day is a good day, because you are going to be reliving it, at least if you go by the calander. I hope you aren't going to be looking at your watch expecting to know what time it is. Crazy stuff, really. If I were travelling that far, I'd spend at least $100 on beer...maybe $200 with the airline prices. Only way I wouldn't go stir crazy.

How many hours are they behind the Eastern Time Zone?

Throwback uni's are always sweet.

I don't speak or read Chinese. My kids can get by OK speaking now, at least very simple conversations. I can order beer and ask for the waitress and check at a restaurant. That's enough for me.

Yeah, I usually feel pretty gigantic here, even though I'm 5'9" and pretty much medium-sized.

China is a great place... to visit.

Ha, ha...China. It may as well be a different planet to me. Here's to you for being able to live there without really speaking the language...takes something to do that. Kids can pick that stuff up easier, I think. I hope two or three of the Chinese can speak English...being able to order a beer is important, though. Probably a lot of suttle ins and outs of the culture that you need to abide by, too. I don't imagine they even think the same way Americans do...not by a longshot.

Ok, time to crack out the peace pipe and find something we can all agree on.

Let's start out easy.....

Lions suck.

Can we make an immediate jump to all agree that Tom Brady is a very handsome man, or are there those that might have their sexuality questioned to say such a thing?

I'll tell you what: he's a pretty good-looking guy, even when he is holding a goat for some reason. I'm not gay myself, but if I were...well, we won't go there.

Handsome, successful, rich, young, hot woman...what a bastard. Probably can't agree that he's a bastard for these things, though, can we?

James Harrison's interception in the past SB off the top of my head would get my vote over the Tyree catch. AV's FG against the Raiders too. I'd take the Troy Brown strip against McCree in the Chargers game. Ray Lewis strip of Eddie George.

They should have had biggest fcuk up of the decade.

VanderJerk miss against the Steelers.
The Bus fumble on the 1 yard line in the same game.
Romo snap fumble.
Cardinals giving the game to the Bears (Denny Green game).
Favre 5 INTs vs Rams in the playoffs.
Hasselbeck pick 6 after saying we'll take the ball and score.

don't forget the 4th and 37 the vikings gave up against arizona on the final play of the season in 2003. all they needed to do was not give up a td on 4th and 37 and they would win the divison, instead they missed the playoffs

It should be the #1 all-decade moment, it's one of if not the most remarkable play in Super Bowl history.

"Luck" is such a poor-sport cop out, it was an amazing play.

Actually, I didn't. In some sort of psychotic way I kind of "lol wtf" laughed it off, having no doubt in my mind we wouldn't allow them in the end zone. Obviously, I was wrong. Very wrong.

I'm sure if it was the same play, only Tom Brady to Jabar Gaffney (or any of the non-starters at WR), no one here would have an issue with this. It was a great, miraculous play, just sucks that it was against us.

At the end of the day, it was a pretty iconic play, and the fact that it was crucial in knocking off an 18-0 titan... c'mon, it's pretty much straight out of a Disney movie. As much as I fully intend to pretend it never happened for the rest of my life, I still have to admit that it would be a glaring omission if it wasn't on the list.

Getting back to the topic of the thread...

You are three guys I might feel comfortable watching the Patriots beat the snot out of the Bills with...with the condition that the winner buys the beer, of course. Might give a little of the old expected smack talk, but might not resort to the cheap shots...just football fans having a good time, that's what I like. A little honest insight into what actually happened afterwords never hurt anybody.

Ride your team until the end, and when it's over, shake hands. I'm serious about that. That's not necessarily the way it always is, but it's the way it should be. We're all spectators that love the same sport. It shouldn't be personal between fans of different teams.

Over and out.

Any Pats fan that has a problem with the Manning-to-Tyree being the play of the decade amounts nothing more than sour grapes. It was an incredibly fantastic play. If you want to talk about luck, see the play where the Panthers kicked the ball out of bounds...
I agree that this was the play of the decade with the importance of it and who they did it against makes it that much bigger.

Anybody have a problem with the most memorable officiating call being the "tuck rule" play?
Yes totally agree with this too. Its become bigger as time has went on too.
I'd say the most scandelous thing was Spygate was well, especially since Vick's dogfighting had nothing to do with football.
It was definitely the biggest news story in football this past decade.

You do have to remember though that any big call, controversy, great play made against the most dominant team in football is going to be the big news story. The reason being that there are just so many people who love to see the underdog win and when they do its a memorable occasion and they talk about it.

As Patriot fans we have becomed accustomed to winning seasons and AFC championships and Superbowls. Its just become the norm to expect nothing less that a superbowl. Thats how great this organization has become.

That's a form of patronism, isn't it? I happen to love being a Bills fan, and I have fun during every game. The only time I'm truly upset is when we lost when I felt we should have won.

Good for the two of us...and I'm not the butt-munch on whatever youtube video you sarcasticly accused me of being, either.

You first.

Fair enough.

If it was annoying, just remember that it wasn't disrespectful. I do continue to drool over the Tyree catch. No offense, but I like it as much as you don't...but even YOU should appreciate it for what it is as a football fan. I'm not rubbing your nose in it; it's in the title of the thread, so I talked about it. Never said "ha, ha" or anything. The article called it the play of the decade. It was a damn good play...won't see anything like that in a long time in that situation. I only brought up the kick out of bounds because somebody said something about the Tyree catch being luck, so I was playing devil's advocate. The tuck rule was part of the article the thread was about. Was it or was it not a memorable call? Again, I didn't put a value judgment on it. I asked if anyone had a problem with it being called the most memorable call. Then I said I sure do remember it, as does just about any football fan I know.

I'm not causing trouble at all...at least not trying to. Gimme a break. The Patriots have won three Super Bowls this decade. What more do you want?

No it wouldn't.

First of all, you are free to come to my Bills board and talk about the subject of any thread. Please do. We like to hear opinions of others. I mainly go to buffalorange.com. My username their is Westphal, which is my real last name, by the way.

Please come and give your honest opinion. Just remember to show some respect, as I've done here.

BTW, someone already DID bring up wide-right and losing four Super Bowls in a Row in a rub-your-nose-in-it type fashion, but that's to be expected because I'm on your board. Would you care to bring up the Music City Miracle? Go ahead...I'm game.

That catch is what the thread is about. If you aren't over it now, maybe you need some therapy or shouldn't look into such threads. I was comparing the Manning-to-Tyree catch to Vinitieri's kick as the play of the decade. That's all it was. Sorry you couldn't stomach the graphicness of it all

Patjew and Deus Irae used to hate me too.

I'm working on that. Might take some time. Meantime, you might give me a chance, right? Take my word that I'm not here to bash the Patriots. I already said what a good team they are. I'd rate them top two in the league right now. Sorry if everything doesn't always go their way.

Thanks for taking the time to break down my post point by point.

And for the record, I don't "hate" you or any other fan of any other team. Hate is strong word; you root for the Bills, is that a reason to hate you?

Nobody here deep down hates any other fans who come here.

And as far as the Tyree catch, it was an incredible play.

That said, it's going to leave a mark for a long time, probably forever.

If the stakes were different, ie, if the Patriots were 13-3 going into the game, ok then, whatever, a loss is a loss, you got outplayed and outcoached (which we did, we got outplayed and outcoached). But, it was for immortality, a perfect season, 19-0.

So it sucks.

Glad we are on the same page.

uh....no thanks

I can order beer and ask for the waitress and check at a restaurant. That's enough for me.

"Ask for the waitress?" What kind of "restaurants" are you going to (nudge, nudge)...I thought people only did that at certain restaurants in Bangkok!

:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference