PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning to Tyree top ESPN's NFL's All Decade Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effin priceless; that should shut him up for at least ten minutes.

Notice how every year we get some fleabrain from an AFC East rival setting up shop here and blubbering endlessly about all things Bills/Dolphins/Jets while tearing down all things Patriots?

You'd think one year it would end, but once again we're stuck with another winner/whiner....................

Actually, I came here for conversation. Apparently, you aren't interested in diverse opinions. I didn't come here to blast the Patriots. Obviously, they're a much better team than the Bills, everything else aside.

The only thing mean-spirited around here came out of your typing-fingers, not mine.

Effin priceless; that should shut him up for at least ten minutes.

Notice how every year we get some fleabrain from an AFC East rival setting up shop here and blubbering endlessly about all things Bills/Dolphins/Jets while tearing down all things Patriots?

You'd think one year it would end, but once again we're stuck with another winner/whiner....................

It's my first year here, but for some reason I have a very easy time beleiving that.

You're that raging moron on YouTube who goes mental in the parking lot at a Bills/Patriots game from afew years ago up in Buffalo aren't you? Yep, that's you Patriotshater/youreallyneedtogetalife...................

I need to get a life? I'm talking about football. I swear to God, this is probably the least friendly board for the teams of other fans that I've been on. I say I'm a Bills fan, and somebody automatically wants to stomp on my head and discredit every honest opinion I have based on the fact that I'm a Bills fan.

And your assessment is stupid, if you'll pardon me for saying so. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that I'd be a better person than you if the team I was rooting for beat the team you were rooting for. You'd really have to be a douchebag of the highest degree to tie your self-worth up in a football game that you have absolutely no control over in the first place.

Keep it in perspective, please, and tone down the personnal attacks down a notch. I didn't attack anyone.

I have good friends that are Patriots fans, and you aren't one of them...but that's your choice.

I need to get a life? I'm talking about football. I swear to God, this is probably the least friendly board for the teams of other fans that I've been on. I say I'm a Bills fan, and somebody automatically wants to stomp on my head and discredit every honest opinion I have based on the fact that I'm a Bills fan.

And your assessment is stupid, if you'll pardon me for saying so. I'm not ignorant enough to believe that I'd be a better person than you if the team I was rooting for beat the team you were rooting for. You'd really have to be a douchebag of the highest degree to tie your self-worth up in a football game that you have absolutely no control over in the first place.

Keep it in perspective, please, and tone down the personnal attacks down a notch. I didn't attack anyone.

I have good friends that are Patriots fans, and you aren't one of them...but that's your choice.

Just brush it off, dude. The more knowledgeable posters here are pretty unbiased and logical. Don't let the computer tough guys get to you, your posts are welcome.

It was the game winning kick in the second biggest Super Bowl upset of all time vs a catch that lead to a score in the now second biggest Super Bowl upset of all time.

Get the difference Patriots Hater?

Dude, the Patriots were monsters in 2007. 18-0 going into that game, and they were like 21-point favorites or so in most of their games that year, which is absolutely unheard of. Who the hell were giving the Giants a chance in that game?

But we are talking about a kick that, if it were missed, would have brought the game into overtime. It was a 48 yard kick in a dome. Those kind of plays happen week in and week out every year. The only difference was that it was the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, the Giants need a TD to win. Their backs were against the wall, and time was running out. It was an amazing football play, and not a kick. My opinion would be the same if I were a Patriots fan or not a football fan at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a "Patriots hater." Stop being so paranoid.

Just brush it off, dude. The more knowledgeable posters here are pretty unbiased and logical. Don't let the computer tough guys get to you, your posts are welcome.

Thanks for that.

Dude, the Patriots were monsters in 2007. 18-0 going into that game, and they were like 21-point favorites or so in most of their games that year, which is absolutely unheard of. Who the hell were giving the Giants a chance in that game?

But we are talking about a kick that, if it were missed, would have brought the game into overtime. It was a 48 yard kick in a dome. Those kind of plays happen week in and week out every year. The only difference was that it was the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, the Giants need a TD to win. Their backs were against the wall, and time was running out. It was an amazing football play, and not a kick. My opinion would be the same if I were a Patriots fan or not a football fan at all. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a "Patriots hater." Stop being so paranoid.

As I think you know, I had you on ignore until the 'music' thread. I've taken you off, and I've got to agree with what you've been saying in most of your posts since then.

It's a bit disconcerting, really. I may need to go look at my fish tanks or pet my dogs or something else calming like that.

As I think you know, I had you on ignore until the 'music' thread. I've taken you off, and I've got to agree with what you've been saying in most of your posts since then.

It's a bit disconcerting, really. I may need to go look at my fish tanks or pet my dogs or something else calming like that.

I like feldspar.

Obviously you don't think much about kickers, but in my opinion you lose some credibility when you characterize Vinatieri's kick against the Raiders as a routine play. In my opinion making that FG in those conditions, and to send the game in to overtime, was one of the biggest plays in NFL history.

All that being said, I do agree that the Tyree catch does go down as the play of the decade - despite the fact that it was not a scoring play.

What do you mean, I don't think much of kickers? Who do you think you are talking to? I'm from Buffalo, remember? Scott Norwood makes pretty much the same kick (one yard less), and the Bills beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. It's not like I don't have a personal point of reference here.

Also, while there was a whole lot at stake, the Vinatieri field goal wasn't life or death...it wasn't do or die time since the game was tied at the time, unlike the Norwood situation. Let me ask you this: had Scott Norwood made that field goal and the Bills won that Super Bowl, would YOU consider THAT for the play of the 1990s? It would have been more impressive than Vinatieri's since Norwood was put on the spot A LOT more. I'm not so sure I would even consider it the play of the decade, but I would have enjoyed it more than any other play personally, which goes right along with my point. BTW, I still think that the Bills outplayed the Giants in that game and should have won. They were heavily favored, scoring 95-points in their previous two playoff games combined. I still hate Bill Parcells to this day for the arrogance he showed after the game, saying that he never had a doubt they would win...yeah, right. Norwoods kick might have been wide right, but it was fairly close.

Like you concede, the Tyree catch was better. I don't think that the fact it happened more recently than the kick had anything to with choosing that play, psychologically.

LOL.

Was wondering about that. Don't know why you did it in the first place since I was agreeing with most of what you were saying, too. I was like "this is the guy I agree with most in this thread," then you say something about ignoring me...

Glad you put me off ignore. I can be pretty argumentative and opinionated, but I ain't punchy.

I like feldspar.

LOL. I like you too, Patjew.

Although I remember a post of yours that said, plain and simply, "I don't like you." No kidding.

Let's be friends, or at least virtually.

I like feldspar.

He seems fine now. His first thread here, though.... Not so much. I've got a quick ignore trigger with posters from opposing teams who haven't earned their stripes in my eyes. I'll talk football all night with Gunnails (Jets) or Dino (Steelers), but they've earned my respect.

This is one of those times that I'm happy to have given someone another 'chance', as it were.

Last edited:
woulda coulda shoulda...Norwood missed...get over it...Vinatieri made a game winning kick in a driving snowstorm and high winds outside against the Raiders to get the Pats into the Bowl versus St Louis.Ecry Manning was in the grasp for a 3000 count before he finally wrestled free, BECAUSE the Giant O lineman HELD and PULLED Seymour off him, threw up a duck prayer that a receiver NOT even in the league anymore with NO appreciable NFL stats caught ONE HANDED against his helmet.

You want to talk history, talk about YOU will never LIVE LONG ENOUGH to see that confluence of events take place again. If Norwood had made that kick,it STILL wouldn't have been ANYWHERE NEAR as impressive as Adam's kick for the simple fact that the Patriots were FOURTEEN POINT UNDERDOGS!!!!! People would have remembered the Bills for finally winning one after all their collapses despite having superior personnel.

What's next...how Buffalo will CHANGE T.O. and his behaviour because it's ....well...because it's YOUR team??

Last edited:
he's got a "respect my team!!!!!" agenda from what I've read....SSDD

I like feldspar.
Yeah, Feldspar is okay.

We disagree on the importance of kickers but since when do sports fans universally agree on anything?

Five or ten or twenty years from now, the Tyree catch will probably still be remembered as the biggest play in the NFL in this decade - unless something really crazy happens this year. Alan Ameche, Max McGee, Timmy Smith and David Tyree will all forever have their names etched in NFL championship folklore. Vinatieri will as well but for right now the Tyree catch trumps Adam's kicks.

He seems fine now. His first thread here, though.... Not so much. I've got a quick ignore trigger with posters from opposing teams who haven't earned their stripes in my eyes. I'll talk football all night with Gunnails (Jets) or Dino (Steelers), but they've earned my respect.

This is one of those times that I'm happy to have given someone another 'chance', as it were.
Good knowledgeable posters are just that across any team Deus. A valid and well supported argument coming from either side of the table is always welcomed. I often hang my head in shame at some of the things Pats people post.

It's an inherent problem across all sports on all chat forums in the world.

I'd posted in this forum before, but I think the first time I ever really mixed it up in a thread here, it was about T.O., and it was a discussion about how much the media fueled his pereceived reputation. If people didn't like me, it's obviously T.O.'s fault, just like most other things. LOL. Obviously, I was more optimistic for the Bills picking up T.O. that the Patriot fans.

Not only that, but that was the same week my girlfriend feel down the stairs drunk. While I was mixing it up here making friends, she kept telling me to turn down the T.V., which wasn't even on...medication. I remember specifically that was the thread that Patjew told me he didn't like me, then said he hoped my girlfriend was alright in the next breath.

Look it up...it's out there somewhere.

All water under the bridge, though. I like talking football and have been a Bills fan for 30 years. Like talking about other things too, but it's usually more interesting when there is a disagreement. Just the way it is.

I'd posted in this forum before, but I think the first time I ever really mixed it up in a thread here, it was about T.O., and it was a discussion about how much the media fueled his pereceived reputation. If people didn't like me, it's obviously T.O.'s fault, just like most other things. LOL. Obviously, I was more optimistic for the Bills picking up T.O. that the Patriot fans.

Not only that, but that was the same week my girlfriend feel down the stairs drunk. While I was mixing it up here making friends, she kept telling me to turn down the T.V., which wasn't even on...medication. I remember specifically that was the thread that Patjew told me he didn't like me, then said he hoped my girlfriend was alright in the next breath.

Look it up...it's out there somewhere.

All water under the bridge, though. I like talking football and have been a Bills fan for 30 years. Like talking about other things too, but it's usually more interesting when there is a disagreement. Just the way it is.

It was the T.O. Thread, and I hope the girlfriend is alright.

LOL. I like you too, Patjew.

Although I remember a post of yours that said, plain and simply, "I don't like you." No kidding.

Let's be friends, or at least virtually.

LOL, that sounds like the kind of crappy thing I might say. Sorry about that! :eek:

Speaking of "ignore", it may interest some people to know that Firefox now has a new addon:

Introducing FfvB version 2!!

It allows you to put someone on ignore and no longer have to see that "User is on ignore" line when that person posts. It also actually allows you not to see that users posts even if someone else is posting it to reply.

You can also put an entire thread on ignore, or a keyword on ignore, and it has some other functionality as well. It's still new, and the person developing it is more than happy to take advice and suggestions. He actually logged on to another forum to get feedback. I believe, for example, that someone asked him about possibly adding an email ignore to the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back