PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning to Tyree top ESPN's NFL's All Decade Moments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction: You came here to be a hating d-bag.....and you succeeded. Go back and watch replays of the 4 SB LOSSES (Norwood wide right! Laces out....Laces out!!!!!) by the Bills and drown in your beer........

I'm hating when I say that your team is a lot better than mine in the very same post you quoted? Get a clue, pal. Then suck it...your beer, that is. Seems like you might have done a lot of sucking that way recently...

Show a little class. You can always tell a hater: the first thing they say is something about the 4 Super Bowl losses and act like they are a better class of citizen because that happened to my team. HOO-AHH! Be cool, dude.

OK, how's this? The Manning-to-Tyree catch was completely unremarkable, the tuck rule wasn't anything that anyone remembers, and Spygate wasn't a scandal at all. Do you respect suck-asses? I sure don't, cuz I'd have to be one to say that. Maybe you should just ban the fans of every team around here or not create threads and expect people not to talk about the topic they are about. Either that, or you should stop posting around that time of the month.

Or do you just hate anything that comes out of a fan of a different team's mouth?

Either way, grow up. If I were a hating dirt-bag, what you just said would be all the reason I would need to let loose on you...and I'd be completely justified to do it, too.

Can you understand what I just said?

"Regarding the Tyree catch versus the Vinatieri kick in the Snow Game"

Dude don't even begin to try to compare these two OK? You have the first (Tyree "catch" which should go down as one of the LUCKIEST plays of all time.......come on.......it practically lodged in his facemask......like the kid who is in the outfield and sticks his glove out and closes his eyes and luckily has the ball fall into it..........

AND.....secondly, the Viniateri kick in a heavy BLIZZARD in horrible conditions and into a 30 plus MPH wind......and you have trouble finding which one was GREATER ? Really???? You must be a Gint fan.......
I think you completely lost any shred of credibility when you labeled me as a Gint fan pal; feel free to ask any other member of this board. And in my opinion you certainly lost any claim of objectivity a while ago.

This isn't about luck versus athletic performance. When all is said and done, the Tyree catch will be more memorable for NFL fans than the Vinatieri kick was. For Pats fans the choice is obviously different. But you're delusional if you think fans in New Orleans or Detroit or Kansas City think the Vinatieri kick was bigger than the Tyree catch.

Originally Posted by feldspar
LOL. I like you too, Patjew.

Although I remember a post of yours that said, plain and simply, "I don't like you." No kidding.

Let's be friends, or at least virtually.

wow....what a warm and fuzzy moment......get a room already.......

Good idea. I've got Feldspar coming in right after I kick out your mom.

I think you completely lost any shred of credibility when you labeled me as a Gint fan pal; feel free to ask any other member of this board. And in my opinion you certainly lost any claim of objectivity a while ago.

This isn't about luck versus athletic performance. When all is said and done, the Tyree catch will be more memorable for NFL fans than the Vinatieri kick was. For Pats fans the choice is obviously different. But you're delusional if you think fans in New Orleans or Detroit or Kansas City think the Vinatieri kick was bigger than the Tyree catch.

LOL. He's lost his credibility with me, too. On the other hand, he never had any, so it's no great loss.

You have to be not be only a homer, but not so bright to say that the Tyree catch was practically lodged in his facemask. Secondly, with a kick, there is very little way to tell how lucky THAT was. I mean, if the kicker didn't kick the ball the way he meant to but still made it, there would be no way of knowing. In other words, if a kicker got lucky, it would be hard to tell. It's not like that doesn't happen, either.

The Tyree catch might have been improbable, but to say it's lucky is the statement of a Pats homer that just plain chose to think that. IMO, it took a lot of concentration and skill to catch the ball the way he did. To say a kick was better than that play is just plain biased.

...and, stcjones, I'm talking about the subject of the thread here and responding to posts, not hating on the Pats. I'd have the same opinion if I were a Pats fan. Take off the rose-colored glasses and take another look at the play...then put the play down.

There are two things that can happen during a field-goal attempt, you make it or you don't...along with some very rare stuff. How many things can happen during an offensive play? The kick attempt is a tension-filled moment when it's for the win, and the kicker is put under a lot of pressure, but it's still almost always a very simple play. It takes a certain kind of guy with balls to be a great kicker. I appreciate that, though.

Hate to say it but it I can't disagree with ESPN here. That was maybe the most important game in NFL history, or at least of the SB era. So much was at stake.

Hate to say it but it I can't disagree with ESPN here. That was maybe the most important game in NFL history, or at least of the SB era. So much was at stake.

The two most important games in NFL history are the Giants/Colts NFL Championship game as this game basically put the NFL on the map and the Jets/Colts Super Bowl as had the Jets gotten blown out, the AFL would have folded, there would have been no merger and your New England Patriots would have faded off into the sunset.

I dont think that catch was even luck, its just more of our bad luck meaning we gave up on the play. So technically is our gift to them. (as much as it hurts to say it , but it is what it is!

Last edited:
I dont think that catch was even luck, its just more of our bad luck meaning we gave up on the play. So technically is our gift to them. (as much as it hurts to say it , but it is what it is!

It obviously hurts you more to say exactly what it was.

A great play.

Not a gift, not us 'giving up on the play'.

Just a phenomonal effort by a marginally talented player who'll more then likely never do anything similar ever again.

It obviously hurts you more to say exactly what it was.

A great play.

Not a gift, not us 'giving up on the play'.

Just a phenomonal effort by a marginally talented player who'll more then likely never do anything similar ever again.

Agreed; a catch like that by a guy who couldn't catch a cold in practice leading up to the Super Bowl, which by the way is usually how it works out, some no name, nobody, neverwas makes a catch/play for the ages...............

Good idea. I've got Feldspar coming in right after I kick out your mom.

Wow....PatJew going "blue" in his routine here......good to see the real "you" come out......

Wow....PatJew going "blue" in his routine here......good to see the real "you" come out......

It's not a pretty sight. Best to avert your eyes.

So, are you fat/lazy, as frail as an Etheopian and pale as a ghost, or just plain ******ed? Seriously, I need to find the accurate portrayal of you in my mind. Only someone fitting one of those three descriptions would be capable of such vapid, mindless detraction that is detrimental to the reputation of patriots fans.

ummm....what????.....dude....you make no sense when you are sucking on the crack pipe.....put it down and make a rational post.....wow........
:eek:

It's not a pretty sight. Best to avert your eyes.

At all costs.........when you are doing mother jokes......it's getting pretty weak in material right?......just sayin......How is China these days? Haven't been there since 2001.....Pure chaos outside Beijing.....

Ok chief.....Never seen one of your posts on here.....must have missed them......but if you are trying to compare what Adam Viniateri did in kicking into a 30+ mile per hour wind with a full blown blizzard, under pressure..........against a hail mary, bounce of the face mask catch under temperate conditions.......then, in my opinion, you are smoking crack.....and are lacking credibility as a Pats fan.... You want to post this as a poll on this website as to which is the most clutch/biggest play of the decade???????? Go post it.....see what results you get chief........

At all costs.........when you are doing mother jokes......it's getting pretty weak in material right?......just sayin......How is China these days? Haven't been there since 2001.....Pure chaos outside Beijing.....

Still chaos, but it's becoming more and more of a consumer culture with all of the changes associated with that. This place is really at a crossroads right now, and I think China itself is trying to figure out what kind of country it should be. I'm heading to RI for a few weeks soon and I cannot wait.

Ok chief.....Never seen one of your posts on here.....must have missed them......but if you are trying to compare what Adam Viniateri did in kicking into a 30+ mile per hour wind with a full blown blizzard, under pressure..........against a hail mary, bounce of the face mask catch under temperate conditions.......then, in my opinion, you are smoking crack.....and are lacking credibility as a Pats fan.... You want to post this as a poll on this website as to which is the most clutch/biggest play of the decade???????? Go post it.....see what results you get chief........
Notice the title of the thread: "NFL's All Decade moments"

This has nothing to do with being a Pats fan, or what was the play of the decade for the Pats, or luck versus skill. The topic is what was the biggest moment in the NFL in this decade - not the biggest moment for the Pats this decade.

For that question we need to momentarily put down the BB Kool Aid, remove the red, white and blue goggles, and look at the question as an NFL fan rather than as a Pats fan.

Once you do that, as depressing as it is, the biggest moment of the decade in the NFL was Tyree's catch.

That does not diminish what Vinatieri accomplished, from either the perspective of an NFL fan or as a Pats fan. What happened with Tyree's catch had more to do with the timing and effect it had - moments away from an unprecedented 19-0, as well as a fourth Super Bowl of the decade - than the actual improbable catch.

In conclusion 'chief', I'm not smoking crack, I'm still a Pats fan, and I'm very confident that I have a whole lot more credibility than the guy who is most well known for declaring that Matt Gutierrez will have a better career than Matt Cassel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft