PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know someone would post a link to this article on Manning, so I'll save you the time.

Poor Manning..He just doesn't get it 8-(

workhorse said:
I know someone would post a link to this article on Manning, so I'll save you the time.

Spin control...Hey Payton..when the OL take u on the trip..make sure there is no hunting on the trip..and don't wear the fake antlrers that the OL may give you.

With the possibility of James leaving and one more year of not winning the SB, the Colts are starting to remind me of the Eagles. All of that talent, several trips to the NFCC game and one SB loss. It just seems like time is passing these two teams by.....

There go two more under the bus:

"On criticism and the perception he has too much power/responsibility in the offense: "I think about that sometimes, and I wonder why people, when they're critical of me, it does get personal, like guys have agendas. I think maybe people get tired of hearing about all the play calls at the line of scrimmage and the audibles. I've never addressed it myself, except to answer a question. Tony (Dungy), for one, is pretty open about it, but I'm a guy who tries to be pretty secret.

"The fact is, it's never been the reason we won or lost a game. It always comes down to execution. I can understand people getting tired of it, and I hear 'a lot of it is show.' Hey, I get tired of doing that mentally. If I could get up there, take the snap and go, fine, but that's what the offense is. I'm just doing what my coaches want me to do. I'm not the offensive coordinator. Tom Moore calls the plays. He tells me if you see something, change it. I'm following his orders. I'm just a quarterback.''

This last season was Manning's best shot to win it all. I was very confident that the Squealers would beat them and we could beat the Steelers. Unfortunately, my worst fears about the Donks materialized. Given pissing away his best shot, Manning is officially the 21st Century Dan Marino.

Workhorse, thanks for the article. Not sure if I'd have seen it otherwise. A little more yada yada from Peyton, but, if I put myself in his shoes, I don't know what I'd say either. Kind of like listening to A-Rod of the Yankees. Just one other comment, the figure on the trophy he's holding, I guess it's supposed to be Ray Nietzsche, or Sam Huff, or someone else from that era. At first glance, however, it looks like a moth or a bat.

If there were a parallel universe with pro football in it, I guess I'd like to see Peyton get his ring, but as long as there's just one cosmos I'll continue to root against him. Of course, that applies to Pittsburgh, Denver, etc., etc.

MoLewisrocks said:

"On criticism and the perception he has too much power/responsibility in the offense: "I think about that sometimes, and I wonder why people, when they're critical of me, it does get personal, like guys have agendas. I think maybe people get tired of hearing about all the play calls at the line of scrimmage and the audibles. I've never addressed it myself, except to answer a question. Tony (Dungy), for one, is pretty open about it, but I'm a guy who tries to be pretty secret.

"The fact is, it's never been the reason we won or lost a game. It always comes down to execution. I can understand people getting tired of it, and I hear 'a lot of it is show.' Hey, I get tired of doing that mentally. If I could get up there, take the snap and go, fine, but that's what the offense is.

I actually think it lost the playoff game for them. If Manning didn't try to be the hero by throwing long into the endzone trying to score the TD, instead of gaining ten yards, playing for the FG and ultimately OT where I think they would have won.

If the OC had been calling the plays, I think he would have played for the FG, and the result would have been different.

The entire articles is excuses, excuses, excuses.

Wow, amazing. He is in such denial!

He is suppose to be this great field general - WHEN THEY WIN, but another playoff loss and he has nothing to do with it!. Amazing!

He needs to shut up now...

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
"I'm just doing what my coaches want me to do. I'm not the offensive coordinator. Tom Moore calls the plays. He tells me if you see something, change it. I'm following his orders. I'm just a quarterback.''
".....Unless I disagree with the call on the feild, like not going for it on fourth down... then for that split millisecond.. I become the Head Coach... but only for that split second when I waive the punt team off the feild. Other than that......."

well

MoLewisrocks said:

"The fact is, it's never been the reason we won or lost a game. It always comes down to execution. I can understand people getting tired of it, and I hear 'a lot of it is show.' Hey, I get tired of doing that mentally. If I could get up there, take the snap and go, fine, but that's what the offense is. I'm just doing what my coaches want me to do. I'm not the offensive coordinator. Tom Moore calls the plays. He tells me if you see something, change it. I'm following his orders. I'm just a quarterback.''

No matter how much coaching up daddy does to you for your media sessions----the true character of the man still comes through!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
".....Unless I disagree with the call on the feild, like not going for it on fourth down... then for that split millisecond.. I become the Head Coach... but only for that split second when I waive the punt team off the feild. Other than that......."
I was thinking about the same play T-shirt. He's such a bullsh-t artist even to himself. Because we have Brady, we automatically have a better chance to win the SB in '07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft