PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mankins is not showing up for the Patriots' offseason activities [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team conditioning programs are voluntary. He got screwed because of the uncapped year. I don't blame him. Would anyone work if it was voluntary?

Mankins so mad,his agent is saying Mankins is so mad he can't see straight.

WHDH-TV - Mankins 'mad' about Patriots contract offer

If he can't see straight, he wont make much of an OG for us this year anyway :rofl:

I hope he doesn't hold his breath or anything. Belichick said this AM he's been a GOOD player for us. My Belichick to English decoder manual says that's borderline the long term contract kiss of death talk. Just ask Asante...

Team conditioning programs are voluntary. He got screwed because of the uncapped year. I don't blame him. Would anyone work if it was voluntary?

Yeah, all the brown noses who hope to get ahead would... Used to drive my ex batty that the company he hated working for promoted all the aholes who showed up early and stayed late and always volunteered to take on more responsibility for the same pay while they ignored the more deserving workers who were at their desk precisely from 8AM to 4:30PM...

Yeah, all the brown noses who hope to get ahead would... Used to drive my ex batty that the company he hated working for promoted all the aholes who showed up early and stayed late and always volunteered to take on more responsibility for the same pay while they ignored the more deserving workers who were at their desk precisely from 8AM to 4:30PM...

b.....b....b....b....but it ain't the patriot way....he's supposed to want to show up for free

naaahhhh.....seriously though.....the people who work harder should get promoted over the ones who simply do what they're supposed to do

Last edited:

I'm sure that Mankins is terrified that Connolly's going to steal his job because he's lifting weights at Gillette while Mankins is lifting weights in California.

I'm sure that Mankins is terrified that Connolly's going to steal his job because he's lifting weights at Gillette while Mankins is lifting weights in California.

Dan Connolly as the starting LG for an entire season is a terrifying thought...

Dan Connolly as the starting LG for an entire season is a terrifying thought...

But not if he spends each and every day of the offseason workout program at Gillette, right? I mean, if he does that, all will be well. All Pro season, at the minimum, for Connolly, because the weights at Gillette are magical weights.

But not if he spends each and every day of the offseason workout program at Gillette, right? I mean, if he does that, all will be well. All Pro season, at the minimum, for Connolly, because the weights at Gillette are magical weights.

He's showing that he's a team first player, damnit! He puts in the dedication and he should start, franchise quarterback's ability to walk by the end of the season be damned!

Last edited:
his draft analysis had him potentially winding up at OG.....I could see it.....

why do you waste your time questioning people this way? just because?

I ask to encourage debate and conversation. What is the problem with that?

With that said, Light is a 10 year starter at left tackle who will be 32 in June and is in the last year of a deal. Pats have plenty of prospects and players at RG and LG that would transition better than Light. Mankins (as far as I know) isn't going anywhere.

If people want to make assertions that IMO don't have a lot of validity to them, I will question it.

He's a good guy, hate to hear he's unhappy.

If he's REALLY unhappy and is going to be a gloomy Gus about it, I say they trade him for a late 1st.

Light would be a good guard.

Then who plays tackle?

vollmer?????

And the other tackle?
Looks like in this scenario it would be a rookie drafted in the first round with either the pick from the Mankins trade, or the Pats own pick. Otherwise it would be Kaczur.

Looks like in this scenario it would be a rookie drafted in the first round with either the pick from the Mankins trade, or the Pats own pick. Otherwise it would be Kaczur.

So in this scenario, we're hoping that a rookie guard wins the spot to replace Mankins, OR that a rookie tackle will win a spot replacing Light AND Light adapts well to LG after 10 years as a LT. Or, we trade Mankins, draft no one who wins a job, and have potentially downgraded LT, LG, and RT.

So in this scenario, we're hoping that a rookie guard wins the spot to replace Mankins, OR that a rookie tackle will win a spot replacing Light AND Light adapts well to LG after 10 years as a LT. Or, we trade Mankins, draft no one who wins a job, and have potentially downgraded LT, LG, and RT.
Or Kaczur stays where he is, Vollmer becomes the LT and Light the LG.

I'm not advocating this approach; just guessing what SanAngeloState was suggesting.

Me, I want to keep Mankins and draft at least one offensive lineman in the first couple of rounds this year, and another next year. Neal is nearing the end of his career, at some point replacements for Light and Kaczur will need to be added, and it would be nice to find an upgrade for Koppen as well. If Ohrnberger and/or Bussey can contribute that would be great, but I don't want to have to depend on that happening.

Re: If you hadn't already, add OG to your list of draft needs

if the pats don't, someone else will.....
For a 1st and a 3rd, I doubt it.

and what is the 'patriot way' these days? brady in LA? check.......
By setting an example for the younger players. Having guys that are hungry and put the team before themselves. It is what won us 3 Super Bowls. As we've seen, some guys aren't buying into it and I'm sure the union isn't encouraging the good soldier mentality with the lack of progress on a new labor agreement.

why the hell should a guy who is not under contract show up if the ones who are aren't showing up......
To prove that you're commitment to winning hasn't wavered. That being said, Mankins is behind a rock and a hard place (if that's possible when you're set to make 3.6M) and I would be pissed too with Neal set to make over 4M. I were Mankins, I wouldn't show up to the voluntarys either. However I disagree with Rob. Mankins' airing it out in the press like this isn't going to help the situation. They must really be lowballing him.

maybe after this year, mankins will decide the niner way is better than the patriot way.....
I'm sure that a team like the Redskins or niners would love to have him. A lot of guys have gotten their rings here and winning another isn't top on their list of priorities.

as for the notion of trading him, that's a real sharp idea.....then the offensive line will begin to resemble the linebacker group
Mankins' play regressed last season. I'm thinking BB and Dante didn't like a lot of the film they saw on Mankins last year. How does giving a long term deal to a guy who underachieved last year make the O-line any better? Who knows, maybe they feel Ohrnberger is ready to step in and actually give a damn.

I think the labor situation has a lot to do with this. When you have two sides playing hardball over potenially the most lucrative deal in the history of sports, you're bound to have situations like this arise.

Last edited:
Re: If you hadn't already, add OG to your list of draft needs

3 years ago, the prospect of losing Mankins would have really worried me. Now it does only because we don't have the pipeline to replace him and Neal after this year. He's regressed in the last year or 2, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News