PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to add this. He's doing this outside blocking all year.
Remember how he enabled that TD for Brissett?

EDIT: This also shows his great concentration and discipline. Effective with no holdings etc.

To me he is already a huge upgrade to LaFell. Smart, fighter, has nose for the ball and for those huge plays (receiving or blocking - his blocking yesterday added at least another 10yds to the longest Blount run) .. and when called up he seems to always deliver.

Also on that first Big Run by Blount: Malcom Mitchell Blocked his guy like 20 yards down field sustained block too. I am sure BB will make mention of that during film review the little tings that don't show up on the score board. I am sure Micthell's excellent Blocking is one of the reasons why he's been active as a Rookie. I think the sky's the limit for that kid.

Well, standing next to amendola and Edelman of course he looks tall
It's more than that. MM is all limbs - short torso but long arms and, especially, long legs. It gives the impression that he's taller than he is. Dola and Edelman are longer in the torso with shorter limbs, giving a more compact impression.

I like Malcolm so far but...

I hope people here manage expectations with Mitchell. I like the player but I don't see him as having that one elite tool to put him over the top. He can however be a very good outside WR and number 2 option i think.

Last edited:
He is opened a lot. So far he's TBs last read. Without Gronk and Hogan and with Edelman struggling a bit, Bennett taken away and Danny hidden, he looked at him more and the result was there. In the most critical moment of the game he was the one who actually could get a big separation down the middle for the huge 3rd down.. after that things started rolling
Brady's read progression against the 49ers:

Edelman
Gronk, where's Gronk? Oh **** he's not here.
Edelman
Dola, oh Dola's on the bench
Edelman
Edelman
who's that guy wearing #19? Heck he's open and wearing our uni guess I'll throw it to him...

I hope people here manage expectations which Mitchell. I like the player but I don't see him as having that one elite tool to put him over the top. He can however be a very good outside WR and number 2 option i think.

Don't think we need more than that, given our offensive composition. He brings a good skillset to the table, and I'm generally feeling positive about his career trajectory.

best looking rookie wr since..since..damn, whens the last time we had a good rookie wr?
Deion branch was an immediate contributor his rookie year. Not necessarily eye-popping stats or anything but it was clear that he and Brady worked well together as early as training camp.

Deion branch was an immediate contributor his rookie year. Not necessarily eye-popping stats or anything but it was clear that he and Brady worked well together as early as training camp.

Was at Smithfield a few times watching The Twig his rookie summer camp season. He looked like a winner right away, though "small" my size. Even the press mediots were effusive about his camp.

Brady's read progression against the 49ers:

Edelman
Gronk, where's Gronk? Oh **** he's not here.
Edelman
Dola, oh Dola's on the bench
Edelman
Edelman
who's that guy wearing #19? Heck he's open and wearing our uni guess I'll throw it to him...
17 targets to JE11 was absurd.

Part of me thinks TB12 did it so JE11 can have a big game in front of his homeys

I hope people here manage expectations which Mitchell. I like the player but I don't see him as having that one elite tool to put him over the top. He can however be a very good outside WR and number 2 option i think.
I think there are a lot of guys who have had outstanding careers where you wouldn't necessarily say they have "one elite tool." Just play the game...Mitchell's a keeper.

And he's pals with Reese Witherspoon. I mean, what's not to like?

Patriots rookie Malcolm Mitchell has a spot in Reese Witherspoon’s book club

Here's a quick note I noticed on Mitchell tonight that I thought was pretty impressive, 7 of his 11 receptions have been for over 10-yards, including four of 20+

Does anyone have Edelman's targets from the game? It must be outrageous.

Does anyone have Edelman's targets from the game? It must be outrageous.
From the San Francisco game? 8-of-17 for 77yds 1 TD

So he had 17 targets. Everyone else:

White: 6/6 1TD
Mitchell: 4/5 1TD
Lewis: 3/5
Amendola: 2/3 1TD
Bennett: 1/2

Consistency's the key for mitchell. I remember when dobson had his big game against pittsburgh

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
LOL. Seriously tho, I do hope this kid succeeds. It's nice when BB hits a homerun. He seems very fast after the catch. Something, I think would have helped us with Lafell. I'm not a X and O guy, so I don't know Lafells stats, but his YAC didn't really blow away in the eye test. And we all know how the Dobson and Boyce saga worked out. :cool:

I looked up LaFell, he has 4.2 YAC per reception. Then I looked at the Patriot receivers.

White 9.7
Mitchell 9.5
Gronk 9.4
Bennett 8.5
Lewis 7.0
Hogan 6.9
Blount 6.5
Edelman 4.8
Amendola 2.5

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Status