PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being serious or are we just blaming Harper for everything? I'm good with either option. :cool:

Being intentionally dense to prove a point about how putting the blame all on Harper doesn't work for me

His blocking was great too, that's how you get on the field here. He looked like LaFell out there on the blocks.

During that anemic 1st half, approaching the end of the half after he caught a pass in the middle of the field, I was questioning why the hell wouldn't they try to feed him the ball instead of only throwing to Edelman.

I'm glad they made adjustments in the second half, he caught that TD and a nice pass after but he stepped out of bounds, needed a little bit of field awareness in that play, otherwise he would have more than 100 receiving yards.

Dobson was good until he caught patriotdraftpickwrerrea

Yes, if I remember correctly, Dobson' rookie year was not terrible. Showed promise but went downhill from there.

He and Brady showed a lot of chemistry on that TD throw, and on a pretty significant pickup earlier. I could definitely see it being the start of a very positive trend, sure hope it is. It does seem like new receivers get a limited number of changes to earn/validate Brady's trust, so from that perspective at least it's very encouraging. I wouldn't mind it at all if starting in 2017 he assumes most/all of Amendola's role in the offense, and that's not a knock on Amendola.

I have always been a supporter of Amendola but his role has seriously diminished in their offense and I won't be surprised if this is his last season here. He deserves a ton of credit though because he does whatever they ask of him, has been a great return man, and makes big plays when they need them.

Mitchell was a great pick and looks like he is going to be a really good player for them, he could be a real surprise to opponents in the playoffs, he's got big play written all over him.

Yes, if I remember correctly, Dobson' rookie year was not terrible. Showed promise but went downhill from there.
Yep. Statistically speaking he had a better rookie year than Deion Branch did in 2002.

That said two of my binkie rookie Backs looked good yesterday in Seattle and Baltimore.
Liked the Mitchell pick like it even more that Brady is getting the ball to him and things are happening.

Terry Glenn, 1996. Ninety catches (a record for a rookie at the time), 1,132 yards, and 6 touchdowns.

(Random note: Glenn was the recipient of Brady's first career TD pass.)

His blocking was great too, that's how you get on the field here. He looked like LaFell out there on the blocks.
And he was so fired up when Blount caught up to him on a run after he dominated his man 15 yards downfield.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Great TD by Brady and Malcolm! Nice to see Brady with some good new receivers this year!

Probably above average. He seems decent running routes but not elite burst or excellent breaking through bump and run. He's a smart guy who will excel vs zone and a solid #2 hopefully in the long term.

I seemed to recall he had trouble with elite SEC Corners in college but not necessarily a knock.

He is opened a lot. So far he's TBs last read. Without Gronk and Hogan and with Edelman struggling a bit, Bennett taken away and Danny hidden, he looked at him more and the result was there. In the most critical moment of the game he was the one who actually could get a big separation down the middle for the huge 3rd down.. after that things started rolling

I was just about to add this. He's doing this outside blocking all year.
Remember how he enabled that TD for Brissett?

EDIT: This also shows his great concentration and discipline. Effective with no holdings etc.

To me he is already a huge upgrade to LaFell. Smart, fighter, has nose for the ball and for those huge plays (receiving or blocking - his blocking yesterday added at least another 10yds to the longest Blount run) .. and when called up he seems to always deliver.

I have always been a supporter of Amendola but his role has seriously diminished in their offense and I won't be surprised if this is his last season here. He deserves a ton of credit though because he does whatever they ask of him, has been a great return man, and makes big plays when they need them.

Mitchell was a great pick and looks like he is going to be a really good player for them, he could be a real surprise to opponents in the playoffs, he's got big play written all over him.

Agreed with the later. Re Danny though: to me he is a great asset and worth every $ on this year's contract. His ball security is second to none and he already made some huge, crucial return plays not to mention a few crucial hard fought 3rd down conversions. He's becoming an ultimate team player bringing good vibe despite spending more time on the sideline.

breakout performance?
just playing like Lafell should play last year. no he is even better and showed that that preseason game was not hype. No injuries for him that is all i wish.

Good blocking WR..has the size..hands. A lot of upside with this kid. Glad Brady was feeding him off

Reminds me of old timer Chris Chambers. Looks good out there

Excellent comparison rw! Mitchell like Chambers plays a lot Bigger than their actual size. Micthell have Gronk like mitts he can go up and get it too and he has better than average Deep Speed. Some of those Deep Balls to Edelman would have been better suited to Mitchell. Also when Drafting WR's in the future I hope the Patriots use the same formula they use to select Malcom Mitchell Smarts -Long Arms - Big Mitts and Deceptive Deep Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore