Status
Not open for further replies.

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Aqib Talib feels all the love | Boston Herald

My favorite quote, when asked about contract issues:
"No time to worry about it, man,” Talib said. “I got Wes Welker, (Eric) Decker, Demaryius (Thomas), Julius (Thomas) because he lines up outside. I don’t have time to worry about no money. I have no time to worry about it, man."

Could you imagine Asante $amuel giving such an answer?

Also, talking about his experience with the Patriots vs how it was playing for the Bucs:
"It’s totally different here," Talib said. “It’s big games after big games. It’s Monday nights after Sunday nights, playoffs. Tom Brady is walking around here. There are countless people and media in the locker room. This is the NFL right here."

Love this guy's attitude.

At the risk of sounding like AJ Mccarron's mom, Talib's english is something else, however, I always know what he really meant to say in the few words that he uses to express himself.
I wonder what he tells his friends who are still on the bucs.

Talib is a perfect fit in NE on and off the field. Belichick is definitely going to give him a long term extension.

Love his talent. Hate his hip :(

I like Talib's competitiveness, he seems to take that mentality that it's 1 on 1, him vs a receiver and he wants to prove he's the best. I think Spikes also has that attitude but not as much talent. I just think that makes everyone better.

Maybe it's just coincidence but since he came here every DB has raised their level. For years since Law left the Pats have only had one good CB, Samuel, then Bodden, then McCourty, then last year after Talib gets here they all start playing better. Dennard, Ryan, and even Arrington look like great players and so does McCourty. I hope he stays, I think he's the catalyst for this group becoming good.

I will wait until Talib is re-signed or goes elsewhere before I make any judgements. He could be saying all the right things now and then demand to be the highest paid CB in the NFL in February.

Talib is a perfect fit in NE on and off the field. Belichick is definitely going to give him a long term extension.
Hope BB does. With Talib and the improvement of Ryan and Dennard, the secondary could be an area of strenght in the next few years. Been a while since I thought that.

I will wait until Talib is re-signed or goes elsewhere before I make any judgements. He could be saying all the right things now and then demand to be the highest paid CB in the NFL in February.

Saying all the right things during these key moments is one of the things I like about him. He is not airing crap in public, even if he feels it in private...That is something that is very hard, if not impossible, for the true primmadonna to do...to suppress the self for the sake of the team.

Love Talib's swag, it's something the D has missed for a while... now let's hope he can stay healthy!

And here's hoping that Denver's secondary falls off as steeply without Harris as we do when we are without Talib.

I think what might push this game over the top for us is a healthy Talib and Dennard both on the field together.

He's in a contract year. I love what the guy has brought to this D, but let's not canonize him for saying exactly what you're supposed to say to maximize your earnings on your next contract. Recent history is littered with guys who toed the line in contract years; the fact that he can do it too just means that he has a baseline level of savvy and self control.

Talib's talent and class

Imagine even thinking that phrase 16 months ago.

And that, ladies and gentlemen is an example of why some of us still follow the mantra; IBBWT.

This comment makes me curious. First, his comments were not that he doesn't care about money, but that now is not the time.

However, you make it sound like seeking the most money he can get as a FA is some kind of character flaw.
Do you work at a place that underpays you, and if so, are you a scumbag to ask for more, or look for another job that will pay you more?

He is saying all the right things in a big contract year...lets see where it ends up. I think a team will overpay big...but if he wants to stay and take a discount..then awesome

I'm glad that Talib is smart enough to say the right things. He is not making his contract a distraction, just focusing on winning. If he plays win and the Pats win, Talib understands that he will get paid.

Now hopefully Talib robs Manning in the upcoming game and helps take this team to the promised land!!

The Patriots need to re-sign Talib. He is young and elite (when healthy) and alongside Dennard, we have one of the best CB tandems in the league.

This comment makes me curious. First, his comments were not that he doesn't care about money, but that now is not the time.

However, you make it sound like seeking the most money he can get as a FA is some kind of character flaw.
Do you work at a place that underpays you, and if so, are you a scumbag to ask for more, or look for another job that will pay you more?

******* bingo.

For me the most telling thing in those statements is his understanding that the Patriots are big time. Sounds like he likes it. I don't think he's going to go want to play small football for big bucks like a Revis.

4xMoJ1a.gif

The Patriots need to re-sign Talib. He is young and elite (when healthy) and alongside Dennard, we have one of the best CB tandems in the league.

When healthy is the key term...he never seems to be healthy for a full year and that's a problem the pats have.

Chronic hip problem it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST