PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like we will have to wait till April 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Archie Manning pretty irrelevant throughout his career?

He WAS a 2 time Pro Bowler. He also played for the SAINTS! You know, the team who had fans wearing paper bags over their heads?? Not the best organization in the world. I think ole' Arch could compete if he had, say, the Cowboy O-line, or say, the Steel Curtain for a defense.

I think we start on the road at Baltimore and are CBS's lead game for the day. At 4:00 they usually show the Tennis U.S. Open on opening week so we'll be playing at 1:00 EST if it happens.

Ravens at Bengals week 1:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2813500

If we open on the road it has to be a division game, I would think the Jets would be most likely if that were the case. Fox would get rights to the Pats v Philly game so that *could* be a nice lead in to the Bears @ Chargers game but I doubt that happens and I don't know who has the double header that week. CBS could throw the Steelers @ Pats out there week 1, that would be a good choice.

If we open on the road it has to be a division game, I would think the Jets would be most likely if that were the case. Fox would get rights to the Pats v Philly game so that *could* be a nice lead in to the Bears @ Chargers game but I doubt that happens and I don't know who has the double header that week. CBS could throw the Steelers @ Pats out there week 1, that would be a good choice.

Can't be the Jets because the giants are playing there that night.

Can't be the Jets because the giants are playing there that night.

True, forgot about that. It was Buffalo last year so I doubt they do that again, so that leaves the Phins as the only possible road team. I think it will be the Steelers or the Eagles and I just read on the Saints website that Fox does indeed have the double header week 1 and a Pats/Eagles Bears/Chargers week 1 would draw huge.

EDIT: Not true, the Giants are on the road against the Boys.

Last edited:
True, forgot about that. It was Buffalo last year so I doubt they do that again, so that leaves the Phins as the only possible road team. I think it will be the Steelers or the Eagles and I just read on the Saints website that Fox does indeed have the double header week 1 and a Pats/Eagles Bears/Chargers week 1 would draw huge.

You think it would be possible to put a game in Gillette the day after a concert? I mean, they do play on turf now so maybe it's more possible now than it was in years passed. If Fox has the double header that week and they put the Pats on a 4 that eliminated the Pats vs chargers or Steelers since fox doesn't have AFC broadcast rights.

Edit: Pats-Jets is a good matchup, maybe thats it.

Last edited:
You think it would be possible to put a game in Gillette the day after a concert? I mean, they do play on turf now so maybe it's more possible now than it was in years passed. If Fox has the double header that week and they put the Pats on a 4 that eliminated the Pats vs chargers or Steelers since fox doesn't have AFC broadcast rights.

Edit: Pats-Jets is a good matchup, maybe thats it.

With the turf it's entirely possible, and the Bears vs Chargers is the Fox late game. Still, now that I read that the Giants are on the road I think we will open in New Jersey.

I bet either FOX or NBC wants to save Eagles-Pats for later in the season. You're on to something... right now it looks like Steelers-Pats would be a fine choice for CBS to open up its season. Other options for us are either NY Jets home/away or Dolphins home/away. I doubt we'd see Buffalo two opening weeks in a row. Cleveland @ home is another possibility although I hope they save that game for a short week. Redskins-Pats would be a solid lead in for Bears-Chargers on FOX however. It's up in the air at this point.

Last edited:
Monday night football possibilities.....

Pats at Colts: the rematch

Chargers at Pats: the rematch

Sunday night possibilities...

Jets at Pats; Mangini vs. BB

maybe,

Pats at Ravens with the storyline of AD leaving

Let's assume that the Pats definately open on the road because of the Buffett concert on Saturday the 8th. (I just don't see how they clear out the Parrot heads and clean both the stadium AND the lots, plus all the breakdown that's involved, and get everything GAME ready for opening day just a few HOURS after everyone is gone.)

Road Opponents:
Indy - OUT (playing on THU vs Saints)
Baltimore & Cincy - OUT (playing each other on Monday night the 10th)
Dallas & Giants - OUT (playing each other AT DALLAS in the Sunday nighter)

That leaves Miami, Buffalo, and the Jets.

We know the Jets are AT HOME cause the Giants are AWAY. And my GUT says that's where we open up for the FIRST Grudge match over Brian Daboll. ;)

chargers at pats better be a SNF game because MNF just isn't what it used to be

I'm pulling for @ Miami Week 1, if only because I'll be in South Florida that weekend....though I'm not too excited about our boys playing down there in September.

chargers at pats better be a SNF game because MNF just isn't what it used to be

You should hope so because the Patirots were 0-2 on SNF last year.

I'm pulling for @ Miami Week 1, if only because I'll be in South Florida that weekend....though I'm not too excited about our boys playing down there in September.

Miami's cooler down here in September.

I'd rather the Fish go to Foxboro later if you know what I mean.

Miami's cooler down here in September.

I'd rather the Fish go to Foxboro later if you know what I mean.

patriots.jpg

The last few times we've gone down there late in the season it hasn't worked out too well.:enranged:

Im guessing we will be at the NYJ, no way we go to Miami or Buffalo.. Us at jets week 1..

Im guessing we will be at the NYJ, no way we go to Miami or Buffalo.. Us at jets week 1..

Why do you think going to Miami is not going to happen? My guess is we'll either be at the Jets (more likely) or the Dolphins.

Last edited:
Why do you think going to Miami is not going to happen? My guess is we'll either be at the Jets (more likely) or the Dolphins.

I think I dont want Miami to happen till Mid Nov... Ive been to the opening week in 96 .. And we just had a melt down , and it was like Africa hot down there, tarzan could not survive.. We just dont play well down there.. My guess is it will be a rematch against the Jets..

I think I dont want Miami to happen till Mid Nov... Ive been to the opening week in 96 .. And we just had a melt down , and it was like Africa hot down there, tarzan could not survive.. We just dont play well down there.. My guess is it will be a rematch against the Jets..

We've had meltdowns in Miami late int he season too. Ideally we play them in late September/early October.

We've had meltdowns in Miami late int he season too. Ideally we play them in late September/early October.

Well its between the fish and the Jets, I think CBS would rather have the Jets and Pats... I think though both you and I agree , there is no way we open at home with the Buffet Concert the night before.. I know they have had Reveloution games before Pats Sun home games, but that will be pushing it.. Till next Thur..

IMO, it is about ballwashing. What could be worse for the coronation of everything Manning, then on the same openning night, to hang their banner and have their hats handed to them by a Pat's team our for vengance.

Bingo, we got bingo! What could be worse for the media and the NFL; to bring in the pats on a night that they have been waiting for, raising the banner, and then watching PM and family get destroyed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST