PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Look at what that idiot Chris Carter has to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
as one of his 5 Bold Statements about this year in the NFL, despite the debacle last night:

"3. Miami is the beast of the East.

I'm not concerned about what happened Thursday night. Who's going to go into Pittsburgh and win in that situation? The Steelers' defense is a bad matchup for a lot of teams. Look at what it did to Cincinnati and Indy's offenses in the playoffs and both of those teams' offenses have to be in the top five in the league.

My only concern about the Miami Dolphins is the running game. Will they get enough help from Ronnie Brown? I like him. I think he's a good runner, but the issue is that offensive line. Is it good enough to help Brown get four yards a carry?

But when you look around the AFC East, who's going to knock the Dolphins off? The Patriots? You still have Tom Brady, but that team has had too many departures and is starting to get old. Besides, look at Miami's schedule. The Dolphins have a real light schedule.

As for anyone saying Daunte Culpepper can't read zone defenses, they know nothing about football. After playing with him, I can tell you that he's a smart guy who has no problems reading defenses. All quarterbacks throw balls into coverage. On one of the interceptions in Thursday night's loss, he had a defensive lineman flash in front of him and the ball sailed into the secondary. On Joey Porter's pick, that was just a great play by the defense. And defensive coordinator **** LeBeau has been able to get his defenses to do that since he's been in the league. "

Keep making excuses Chris - we'll see you in the playoffs.

EDIT- Forgot to say this is on "NFL on Yahoo! Sports"

Last edited:
culpepper is a product of moss and carter.. i think he is very overrated.. they and him included looked awful last night! that is not a superbowl team let alone a division winner

Chris Carter said:
On Joey Porter's pick, that was just a great play by the defense.
I never played in the NFL but I'm also not stupid. Culpepper clearly had no idea Porter was there, it was all his fault.

How do you get a job that pays you a half million plus a year, say as many stupid things as you like and not have to worry about facts entering into the equation?

Last edited:
Carter was Culpepper's "battery mate" so to speak, was he not? I would take whatever he says about the Fins with a boulder of salt. Also, I can never remember him saying anything positive about the Patriots.

Cris Carter was, is, and will be always, a moron.

It never ceases to amaze that bonehead ex-jocks, with barely adequate communication skills, are constantly finding work as communicators. The ability of these analyst/entertainers to merely state the obvious, while ball-washing the "stars", is truly extraordinary.

HBO's Inside the NFL, aside from Peter King, is simply unwatchable.

Do we know if the league will require the Patriots to provide wheelchair attendants for the team? I'd think there would be some requirement to help aging players onto the field, or is this more of the NFLPA's dismissal of retired player's needs?

Edit: It helps when I spell aging correctly, sheesh...

Last edited:
Say all you like about the ignorance of these pundits. I don't care.
I LOVE them!

There is no greater vicarious feeling
than reading and hearing repeatedly about how deficient the Pats are
compared to those paragons in Pro Player Stadium ...

while UNDERSTANDING that this is one of the most potent Patriots teams
we have ever seen.

Just bring the season !

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Do we know if the league will require the Patriots to provide wheelchair attendants for the team? I'd think there would be some requirement to help again players onto the field, or is this more of the NFLPA's dismissal of retired player's needs?

I don't think so because they would have provided them last night. If I'm not mistaken, the Dolphins are "older" than the Pats.

The Pats are younger than last year. The guys that they have leaving are the old guys. This is how you don't end up falling off the cliff. Keep bringing in new talent. Carter must still be on coke.

Who's going to go into Pittsburgh and win in that situation?

Err...you mean the situation where Big Ben was down and out with Charlie Batch starting? I'd say the Pats would've won, but what do I know? I never played in the NFL........:bricks:

PatsDeb said:
I don't think so because they would have provided them last night. If I'm not mistaken, the Dolphins are "older" than the Pats.
But not according to our fearless (and clueless) pundit. ;)

Box_O_Rocks said:
But not according to our fearless (and clueless) pundit. ;)

Well, durn it all! If he has to look at the facts, then it will ruin his whole article! Give the guy a break, will you?

PatsDeb said:
Well, durn it all! If he has to look at the facts, then it will ruin his whole article! Give the guy a break, will you?
Just name the leg. :D

PatsDeb said:
But when you look around the AFC East, who's going to knock the Dolphins off? The Patriots? You still have Tom Brady, but that team has had too many departures and is starting to get old. Besides, look at Miami's schedule. The Dolphins have a real light schedule.

Did I miss something here?

The only difference between the two scheds is that the Pats get Denver and Indy, while the Fins get Pitt (L) and KC.

Plus, the Pats don't have to play themselves twice. :D

ctpatsfan77 said:
Did I miss something here?

The only difference between the two scheds is that the Pats get Denver and Indy, while the Fins get Pitt (L) and KC.

Plus, the Pats don't have to play themselves twice. :D
Haven't you been paying attention, Nick Saban's genius eclipses Bill Belichick's by miles, and Daunte Culpepper almost was the league MVP, not to mention the Fins won six in a row to finish strong in 2005...we're doooooooooooommmmmed!

Last edited:
cris carter is the most clueless player analyst i know of...i remember before the afc div playoffs vs the colts he provided analysis that the colts will reason by comparing different positions on both teams and said dungy is better because "he knows he has with his team as compared to belichick"
and when the colts lost he gave a math lesson citing the weight difference between colts d line and the pats o line and said "its that simple" or some crap like that..
i wish i could find those 2 articles.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Haven't you been paying attention, Nick Saban's genius eclipses Bill Belichick's by miles, and Daunte Culpepper almost was the league MVP, not to mention the Fins won six in a row to finish strong in 2005...we're doooooooooooommmmmed!

Well, you know those "aging" Patriots offensive and defensive lines are going to be pushed around by the Fins... :singing: We really will be doooooommmmed this year. LOL

I think WR's probably make the worst analysts. Look at Michael Irvin.

But since we're talking about ex-players becoming bad analysts, I was watching NFL Total Access and Rod Woodson had a very insightful comment. He was talking about a player (I don't remember whom) and he says "he is not as young as he used to be."

Who would have thought. That is pure brilliance, Rod.

mavfan2390 said:
Err...you mean the situation where Big Ben was down and out with Charlie Batch starting? I'd say the Pats would've won, but what do I know? I never played in the NFL........:bricks:

Nah, BB, Brady & co. could never go into Pittsburgh's stadium and win the big one. Oh wait...

But then again, maybe the Steelers ARE better w/o Rburger, look at his anemic SuperBowl 'contribution'. /facietous tag

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back