PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL... Harbaugh Tomlin handshake after the Ravens loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there really posters who care about the quality of a post-game handshake? Should we ask Steve Grogan to start giving out weekly grades on BB's handshakes?

Last edited:
yeah..I mean, think about it...you really want to shake hands with Rex Ryan??...risk picking up some rare foot fungus rotting your fingers off?/...no thanks,bunky...

Staged, expected, perfunctory events do very little. If anything, they make genuine expressions of sportsmanship more rare. The staged, post-game handshake takes everyone off the hook -- no need to do anything actually sportsman-like, the coaches will take care of it after the game with the for-camera choreographed handshake.

Even if it once had meaning, the post-game handshake has become little more than a media "gotcha" opportunity a handful of times each year when one coach supposedly doesn't do it right.

Couldnt agree more

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-

As much I hate the Ravens, I have a lot of respect for John Harbaugh (Unlike his douche brother in SF). I thought Tomlin came across like a jacka55...

Last edited:
Love it! Suck on that Harbaugh you ratf@g. Nice one Tomlin

The whole handshake thing is overblown. You've just spent 3 hours trying to beat the other guy's brains in, then you're going to just let it go and hug? They do it because it's traditional, not because they want to, I can't blame any of them for not doing it with more feeling.

I remember reading a great article about the handshake in the NFL, back when the mediots were crying about the way Belichick treated Ratgini. Here it is for those who haven't seen it.
Postgame handshakes: NFL's touchy subject - The Boston Globe

Theres something about both Harbaughs that is totally unlikeable.

grow a pair John.

If he is going to get upset about a little handshake.

John Harbaugh is a ****. Tomlin treated him the way he deserves to be treated.

Actually, you could say that Harbaugh treated Tomlin the way a **** deserves to be treated when he jerked him.

...Shaking another man's hand without looking at him lacks class.

Showing respect for the other coach is a sign of sportsmanship, doing it after he just beat you is a sign of integrity.

How about stopping for a half a sec, looking him in the eye as he shakes his hand, and saying "good game". I know it's really difficult and takes a lot of effort but I think it someone really applied themselves they just might be able to pull it off.

Lacks class? Lacks integrity? Jeez.

Oh yeah, I am sure you gents were supporting the Jaguars coach when Tom Coughlin, instead of shaking his hand, gave him an earful after the Gints-Jags game (when the Jags D acted classless and rushed the Gints OL in spite of knowing that the Manning was taking the knee in the last few seconds).

Who knows what Harbaugh did for Tomlin to keep him at a lower level and not give him the basic respect?

Respect is something to be earned.

Wish the fans stop this condescending judgement of another man's actions/in-actions without knowing the full story.

Last edited:
Showing respect for the other coach is a sign of sportsmanship, doing it after he just beat you is a sign of integrity.

I agree but if they're going to show respect they should...oh, I don't know...actually show respect toward one another. I could care less whether coaches shake hands or not but what is the point of insincerely shaking hands and being a tool toward one another? Just go your seperate ways and spare the insults to our collective intelligence with the "pretend respect".

Actually, you could say that Harbaugh treated Tomlin the way a **** deserves to be treated when he jerked him.

That's how I usually handle the situation

Lacks class? Lacks integrity? Jeez.

Oh yeah, I am sure you gents were supporting the Jaguars coach when Tom Coughlin, instead of shaking his hand, gave him an earful after the Gints-Jags game (when the Jags D acted classless and rushed the Gints OL in spite of knowing that the Manning was taking the knee in the last few seconds).

Who knows what Harbaugh did for Tomlin to keep him at a lower level and not give him the basic respect?

Respect is something to be earned.

Wish the fans stop this condescending judgement of another man's actions/in-actions without knowing the full story.

Win or lose, shaking hands with your opponent after the game in a sincere manner (which includes making eye contact) is customary. It's called sportsmanship.

Meh...personally I think Harbaugh comes off as a ****, but this is a little overblown.

Classless move by Tomlin, I'm glad Harbaugh showed some minerals by pulling him back in.

Disagree.

Harbaugh says "Congratulations."
Tomlin says "Thank You" and continues off the field. That's a lot more than BB said to Rex and Mangini in the past.

Was Harbaugh expecting a tête-à-tête over cognac and cigars at midfield?

If anything, Harbaugh's pursuit was what was rude. I assume he has Tomlin's phone number or text address if he feels he needs to discuss something with him urgently.

Last edited:
Win or lose, shaking hands with your opponent after the game in a sincere manner (which includes making eye contact) is customary. It's called sportsmanship.

Oh come on. They've just been through an intense, emotional game.
Tomlin shakes his hand and audibly and clearly says "Thank you" (more than BB has said in the past to Rex and the Rat).

You were expecting them maybe to hold hands and break into a chorus or two of Kumbaya?

Come to think of it, that's not a bad idea; Tomlin might actually like it:

RatBirds talked trash all week, Kumbaya.
Dissed Charlie Batch all week, Kumbaya.
Said we were done all week, Kumbaya.
Oh Lord, Kumbaya.

Yeah, you might have something there!

More seriously, they do know how to reach each other if they want to discuss anything more.

Last edited:
It was confirmed the beef Tomlin had with Harbaugh was the post game speech Harbaugh made two weeks prior after beating the Steelers where he rubbed it in how the "better, more physical team" won the game.

That's what one of the NFL Network analysts said he got from Tomlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3