PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many coaches in the entire NFL are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a really unfair comparison as Belichick was given complete control to run all football related operations, and because he won 3 Super Bowls in his first 5 years he cemented his s authority over every aspect of the teams he fields every season. That has resulted in is a long term program that would be almost impossible to replicate, because no owner gives this much authority to the coach, let alone for almost two decades. I want to see Belichick and Brady go out on 3-4 ( more) to cap it off but I can live with 2 if it shakes out that way. Those are just the breaks.

Reid is the unchallenged master of having his teams take 5 minutes or more to run a 2 minute drill when down two scores. It's uncanny how he can't learn not to do that. He even repeated it against the Patriots in the postseason.

He will flip your 3-13/2-14 pure garbage team to 11-5 respectability very quickly, however, and mostly stay there.

Yep, the bizarre thing about Reid is how he gets the hard long-term side of building a successful football team right, then squanders it all by failing game management 101 -- over and over and over. Maybe he's just a deliberate kind of thinker who isn't comfortable with snap decisions. If so, though, he should have handed off those responsibilities to an assistant coach long ago.

I am sick and tired of Superbowl XLIX being credited to the Patriots by a stupid call by Carroll.

Lynch had 4 opportunities to run it in from the 1 yrd line in the 2014 season playoffs. He was 0-4. It was second and 1 with 22 seconds left and Seattle had no time outs. If Carroll had not called for a pass and a run was stopped before the goal line, after the players were untangled, there would have been 8 seconds left on 3rd down which would have been either the last play of the game or a very quick pass.

The call for a pass was correct. Maybe not that pass, but who could have known BB coached that goal line and three WR play in practice multiple times. That play was coaching brilliance BB, not coaching stupidity PC.

It's actually a really unfair comparison as Belichick was given complete control to run all football related operations, and because he won 3 Super Bowls in his first 5 years he cemented his s authority over every aspect of the teams he fields every season. That has resulted in is a long term program that would be almost impossible to replicate, because no owner gives this much authority to the coach, let alone for almost two decades. I want to see Belichick and Brady go out on 3-4 ( more) to cap it off but I can live with 2 if it shakes out that way. Those are just the breaks.
Which is why they consistently lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back