PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Life is "Good" for McDaniels. Buys $2.2 million home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize that you have actual, specific information to refute the belief that McDaniels would succeed Belichick.

Do I have actual specific information to refute what I already referred to as needless speculation?

Are you really asking that question? Seriously?

Do I have actual specific information to refute what I already referred to as needless speculation?

Are you really asking that question? Seriously?

Well...like....yeah.....

Succession planning is an inherent part of all successful organizations

The Patriots to tend to be viewed as a successful organization.

I'll end this now.

I'm the next Coach of the New England Patriots.

I've already talked to Kraft and we are both excited about the opportunity.

Now, everyone go to lunch and come back in a better mood.

Well...like....yeah.....

Succession planning is an inherent part of all successful organizations

The Patriots to tend to be viewed as a successful organization.

Great, that doesn't mean it will be or should be McDaniels. It doesn't mean McDaniels purchase of a home means he will succeed Belichick. McDaniels tanked as both a HC and OC without BB and the Patriots, there is absolutely no need to anoint him as BB's eventual successor at this point in time.

This argument is funny.

I dont see how anyone can ignore the significant investment Josh made in this area. Does it mean he is automatically the next HC? Well of course not. Could it mean he has been told he has a very good chance at being it? Possibly. Maybe it means the opposite of what people are speculating, maybe it means he knows BB is here for the next 5 years and he knows he is likey to be the OC for the next 5 years. And Maybe it means absolutely nothing and maybe he just feels good or bad this is his last stop and doesnt want to move his family again.

And maybe, just maybe, we don't have a fwcking clue what we're talking about.
Maybe, just maybe, we should be taking a huge whiff from the proverbial bong and relax to the tunes of Barry White humping a rhino in heat.

-Jamman

Last edited:
Great, that doesn't mean it will be or should be McDaniels. It doesn't mean McDaniels purchase of a home means he will succeed Belichick. McDaniels tanked as both a HC and OC without BB and the Patriots, there is absolutely no need to anoint him as BB's eventual successor at this point in time.

Jonathan...is that you?

Have you discussed this with your father?

Read the OP. The guy says it's his opinion. You have yours.

It's not like he watched two home playoff losses where the Patriots were effectively minus six in turnovers and six of nine scoring drives started already in field goal range.....and concluded the problem was the defense.

This argument is funny.

I dont see how anyone can ignore the significant investment Josh made in this area. Does it mean he is automatically the next HC? Well of course not. Could it mean he has been told he has a very good chance at being it? Possibly. Maybe it means the opposite of what people are speculating, maybe it means he knows BB is here for the next 5 years and he knows he is likey to be the OC for the next 5 years. And Maybe it means absolutely nothing and maybe he just feels good or bad this is his last stop and doesnt want to move his family again.

That about sums it up.

Are you really going to try and hold McDaniels' tenure as the Rams' OC against him?

This argument is funny.

...or maybe it just means he bought an expensive house in a nice town, when rates are down and at a material reduction in price over what he would have paid for it five years ago, like thousands of other relocated executives earning high six or low seven figures will do this year.

Last edited:
...or maybe it just means he bought an expensive house when rates are down at a discount over what he would have paid for it five years ago in a nice town, like thousands of other relocated executives earning high six or low seven figures will do this year.

This is certainly a possibility too but I just dont where Josh has made enough in his career to be dropping 2 mil on home everytime he relocates. Sure his salary is more than enough for his payments but he could be a HC somewhere else in a year or two and need to relocate again and he was in STL last year and Denver the year before that. It would seem foolish to invest so much unless he thinks he will be here for a while whether as an OC, the top canidate for the next HC, or at least the place he wants to raise his family post coaching.

Of course this is all speculation but call me crazy I dont think it is a huge leap to think buying a 2.2 Mil home is a sign he will be here for awhile. And that is the simple point it could be as OC for BBs last five or 10 as HC or could be as short term OC with potential to be HC.

...or maybe it just means he bought an expensive house in a nice town, when rates are down and at a material reduction in price over what he would have paid for it five years ago, like thousands of other relocated executives earning high six or low seven figures will do this year.

One more point of these thousands of other relocated execs that might make a similar purchase how many do you think would do so without feeling secure about being in that area for a reasonable period of time?

One more point of these thousands of other relocated execs that might make a similar purchase how many do you think would do so without feeling secure about being in that area for a reasonable period of time?

All it means is that Josh feels secure in his lucrative OC job

By the flawed 'reasoning' of the posters in this thread, the many executives buying one of the thousands of $2M+ homes in the area each has a secret deal to become CEO. They don't, and neither does McD's home purchase imply that Josh does either.

Last edited:

By the flawed 'reasoning' of the posters in this thread, the many executives buying one of the thousands of $2M+ homes in the area each has a secret deal to become CEO. They don't, and neither does McD's home purchase imply that Josh does either.

The difference comes from what believes vs what can be construed as realistic.

Personally, I highly doubt BB retires anytime soon. He appears to be the posterchild- "retire to what?" guy. However, history does say coaches burn out around 10 years and people in their 60's tend to retire.

It's not like he watched opening night in Miami and fixated on the final 8:43 when the Patriots went from ahead by 14 points to winning by 14 points and actually thought that was more important than the first 51:17 when they went from tied to ahead by 14 points.

This is a non-story. McDaniel is not going anywhere, at least as long as Brady and BB are here. The Patriots are a premier organization and being the Pats OC is a plum job. The bad news is that Josh failed badly in his first HC try. The good news is that he's young and can overcome all the negatives.....in TIME. He's buying a home that he can afford and is likely to be living in for the 4 or 5 years. At that time he'll likely get another chance. If its here he won't have to move, if its elsewhere he will. Its just part of the life a college or NFL coaches' family has to live with. Its rare that you get to watch your kids grow up in the same house

And that is pretty much all I said it means too...except I would leave open the possibility it could mean more and that he has advanced knowledge of the plan.

If you read my comments and maybe I didnt make myself clear I think it could actually be more of a sign that BB could be here for a decent amount of time.

As to me it seems more likely that Josh is feeling secure enough to buy this property because he knows he will be the OC under BB for a good period of time rather than BB is leaving soon and Kraft has already decided on Josh.

What I have been arguing is - some feel it means nothing but I feel it clearly means Josh thinks he is in this area for a decent length of time. I said it could be as the future HC, More likely as OC, and maybe he just feels even if fired he isnt moving his family again.

Oh and I find it equally funny that some people could think this means nothing the same as some people jump to conclusions that it means he is the next HC. Both assertions seem so far from reality. IMO at best Kraft would have offered a good will gesture that he would be legitimately considered. But also IMO to ignore job security in a 2.2 Mil purchase is insane. To those who think otherwise let me ask you this do you think Josh would make the same purcahse if he was told by BB 2012 will be his last and that Kraft will hire Gruden as the next HC?

Last edited:
Jonathan...is that you?

Have you discussed this with your father?

Read the OP. The guy says it's his opinion. You have yours.

It's not like he watched two home playoff losses where the Patriots were effectively minus six in turnovers and six of nine scoring drives started already in field goal range.....and concluded the problem was the defense.

Every time I respond to you you change the subject.

Who said he's not entitled to his opinion? Am I not entitled to mine?

I have called the OP opinion needless speculation - which it is.

See when you make things up like a McDaniels agreement to become the next HC, the burden isn't on the person questioning it to prove it hasn't happened. I really shouldn't have to explain that.

JMD recently sold his place in Denver for $1.95 million and he bought another house within the same budget in a buyers market coinciding with historically low interest rates - nothing more, nothing less. To read anything more into it is needless (and baseless) speculation.

Maybe he just doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to real estate, buying his place in Denver in May of 2009 for $2.5 million (well into the RE downturn) and selling it for under $2 million roughly two years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back