PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Life is "Good" for McDaniels. Buys $2.2 million home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saban was 15-17 as a head coach, McDaniels 11-17. Not that I think Saban will be the choice but he is a much better coach than McDaniels could ever hope to be. McDaniels doesn't seem like Head Coach material to me, I can't see him leading a locker room.

Maybe he is maturing and learning from his mistakes. I always thought of him as a young punk but maybe he has learned .....

Saban was 15-17 as a head coach, McDaniels 11-17. Not that I think Saban will be the choice but he is a much better coach than McDaniels could ever hope to be. McDaniels doesn't seem like Head Coach material to me, I can't see him leading a locker room.

They said the same thing about Belichick when he was fired from the Browns. Or Marv Levy when he was fired from the Chiefs (he had a 31-42 record with only one winning season in five the Chiefs as head coach).

I'm pretty sure I am the only person here that thinks Josh McDaniels is an a@@hole. Really - the way he threw 'Lil Scarnecchia under the bus was disgusting. I do not trust him. I think his in-game adjustments leave much to be desired. I think his ego is giagantic - approaching BB proportions - but without the resume and therefore the right. Who else is so out of touch that they would waste a first round pick on Tim Tebow? Boy, that St Louis offense was scary this past season! Yeesh. If he is the HC here someday, God help us. I don't like the guy one bit.

Your entitled to your opinion but I think the opinion of this front office is pretty clear. First you have the 07 success, followed by praise and references when his HC job came up, followed by praise when he returned as HC of the Broncos, and now re-hiring him.

While I agree with prevailing thought that he came back to eventually be the HC I dont think it is a guarentee but I think it certainly makes sense as succession plan A. A lot can happen between now and BB's eventual departure whether it be 2 years, 5 years, or ten or more.

I hope and expect Josh to have tons more success as OC of this team and see no reason why that success wouldnt and shouldnt lead to HC of the NEP. Unless BB hangs on too long and the Steelers want him or some other elite franchise.

Again I just hope his million dollar home is a sign of his commitment to this team and not a sign of inside knowledge of BBs plan.

This is a non-story if there ever was one. The fact that the guy bought a house tells us absolutely nothing about Belichick's plans for eventual retirement or the Patriots' plan for finding BB's successor.

Your entitled to your opinion but I think the opinion of this front office is pretty clear. First you have the 07 success, followed by praise and references when his HC job came up, followed by praise when he returned as HC of the Broncos, and now re-hiring him.

While I agree with prevailing thought that he came back to eventually be the HC I dont think it is a guarentee but I think it certainly makes sense as succession plan A. A lot can happen between now and BB's eventual departure whether it be 2 years, 5 years, or ten or more.

I hope and expect Josh to have tons more success as OC of this team and see no reason why that success wouldnt and shouldnt lead to HC of the NEP. Unless BB hangs on too long and the Steelers want him or some other elite franchise.

Again I just hope his million dollar home is a sign of his commitment to this team and not a sign of inside knowledge of BBs plan.

I'm aware of the opinion of the front office. They are - BB is - quite fond of Joshie, apparently. That does not mean I must agree, nor does it mean they are correct. They were fond of Corwin Brown too. Bethel Johnson. Chad Jackson. Blah, blah, blah.

I hope I am wrong and that Josh McDaniels is the greatest thing since sliced bread - and hopefully his big 'ole serving of humble pie served him well in his absence from New England.

It has been reported that Josh Mcdaniels has purchased a new home in Westwood for $2.2 million bucks.

I agree with the last paragraph of this article. I have stated that it is my opinion that the deal that Josh signed to return to New England included a part that guarantees him becoming the new head coach when Belichick retires, possibly within two years IMO.

McDaniels planting New England roots?

Of course, his measley 2.2 million dollar cottage must look like a shack compared to Brady's 12 million dollar Los Angeles palace.

Between this, your screen name, your post claiming not to know what 2-gapping is, and your post count, I'm beginning to see you as a serious, fairly skillful troll.

The Belichick is retiring schtick has been going on for over 7 years, it started back when Jim Nantz claimed to have inside information that Belichick would retire if they won their 3rd Super Bowl. They did, he didn't, and hasn't despite the bleatings that he would be retiring soon for all the years since.

They said the same thing about Belichick when he was fired from the Browns. Or Marv Levy when he was fired from the Chiefs (he had a 31-42 record with only one winning season in five the Chiefs as head coach).

I'm thinking he's closer to Rich Kotite than Bill Belichick.

I'm pretty sure I am the only person here that thinks Josh McDaniels is an a@@hole. Really - the way he threw 'Lil Scarnecchia under the bus was disgusting. I do not trust him. I think his in-game adjustments leave much to be desired. I think his ego is giagantic - approaching BB proportions - but without the resume and therefore the right. Who else is so out of touch that they would waste a first round pick on Tim Tebow? Boy, that St Louis offense was scary this past season! Yeesh. If he is the HC here someday, God help us. I don't like the guy one bit.

I dont like him either, never have. That being said, I strongly believe that part of his deal with the Pats is that he is the next head coach.

The Belichick is retiring schtick has been going on for over 7 years, it started back when Jim Nantz claimed to have inside information that Belichick would retire if they won their 3rd Super Bowl. They did, he didn't, and hasn't despite the bleatings that he would be retiring soon for all the years since.

Right, and it is now seven years later. He looks very, very tired.

Between this, your screen name, your post claiming not to know what 2-gapping is, and your post count, I'm beginning to see you as a serious, fairly skillful troll.

Not true. And fact is, I really did not know what 2gap was. One can learn something new every day of their lives. I am not sure what you mean by my post count?

This is a non-story if there ever was one. The fact that the guy bought a house tells us absolutely nothing about Belichick's plans for eventual retirement or the Patriots' plan for finding BB's successor.

I respectfully disagree. Plunking down 2.2 million for a house means something big...IMO of course. And becoming head coach is certainly one big thing. I do believe that is part of the overall deal he has with the Pats...unwritten of course.

I respectfully disagree. Plunking down 2.2 million for a house means something big...IMO of course. And becoming head coach is certainly one big thing. I do believe that is part of the overall deal he has with the Pats...unwritten of course.

A two million dollar house purchase is always a big transaction, but they happen every day in the Boston area and across the Northeast. This doesn't have to have anything at all to do with whether he's taking over for Belichick or whether he has an informal or formal arrangement to that effect.

This is just another high six/low seven figure executive picking off a nice piece of property at the bottom of the market when rates are very favorable. He was probably given a nice relocation package by the Krafts that enabled him to get the liquidity out of his Denver property before he sold it.

It's a nice community (I used to live in that area) for a family, close to Foxboro, good public and private schools. Why do we have to read anything into this but what it is?

A one percenter bought a multi-million dollar piece of property. Why is is so hard for people to get their heads around that without introducing all sorts of conspiracy theories?

A 2.2 million house means nothing. Go look up how much he made in Denver and what he may have been paid off when he was fired there.

And what you believe means nothing. If you think the Pats had to put in the DEAL any guarantees towards the future regarding a HC position, to lure him back to NE, you are reaching. He would have given his left nut to come back.

what ages are his kids if any? that could be a factor.

whether he stays a long time with Pats or not; he may be planning on setting down roots in the area and is trying to lock in a nice place with good schools.

Say he doesnt take over from BB in 2-4 years and gets offered a deal like Mangenious with ESPN instead. He would likely leave the family at home and just commute. He wouldn't necessarily be the first to do that with a HC gig in some other town either.

Especially with the rooney rule out there; I dont think Kraft would be silly enough to lock himself in to some personnel decision now when the facts could change in 2-3 years (if BB were even thinking about retiring then).

Personally I think BB has at least 5 more years in it w/ Pats; but who knows. As hard as he works; he could keel over on his fishing boat with a heart attack next week.

Right it means he sold his house in Denver for $2 million and bought one in Mass for $2.2 million during a buyers market.

And do you honestly believe that Belichick would orchestrate the same type of deal that he felt had forced him to resign from the Jets.

And what exactly has McDaniels done to make anybody want him to succeed Belichick?

He was a convenient fill in for the departing OC with no other known job offers, he was coming off a dreadful head coaching stint and a lousy year running the Rams offense, so let's sign him up in years in advance to replace maybe the best coach of all time. What a well thought out plan.

He would have given his left nut to come back.

That may, or may not be true, but I still believe that there is much more written into this deal than we know and that is, IMO, a head coaching position.

I am not suggesting that I agree with it if that is factual because I have never thought that McDaniels should be an NFL head coach but neither of us make that decision so I do believe that somewhere in that deal it is written you know, like "so let it be written, so let it be done."

2wqu3ys.jpg
ohkegl.jpg

T so I do believe that somewhere in that deal it is written you know, like "so let it be written, so let it be done."

I'm confused. I don't know if this was supposed to be witty, sarcastic, serious, or simply a joke that no one will get.:confused:

Thanks for your opinion on the JD real estate purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3