PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Life is "Good" for McDaniels. Buys $2.2 million home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a non-story if there ever was one. The fact that the guy bought a house tells us absolutely nothing about Belichick's plans for eventual retirement or the Patriots' plan for finding BB's successor.

Spot on
Zeus (Jupiter) is not the King of the Gods and the largest big fat planet* for nothing.
The posters here are acting as if a $2+ million home is a fixed assed tying him to the location. Couldn't be more wrong. High end property market is active not moribund.
Way to read something out of nothing.

* OK, OK, in THIS solar system. Hundreds of super Jovians have been discovered around other stars. Sue me.

Last edited:
I dont like him either, never have. That being said, I strongly believe that part of his deal with the Pats is that he is the next head coach.

You obviously haven't a clue about Kraft. NFW he'd make that major of a commitment on his over billion dollar franchise at this stage. Get a clue.

I don't think you can read anything into this except that he plans on staying for 1, maybe 2 years minimum.

It's not like you can rent homes that size, so if you are making a great income and want to live very nicely, you have to purchase. And if you have to move & sell for a loss, no big deal -- cause the house's value isn't 5-10x your income.

That said, I do hope i 5 years McD becomes the head coach.

I don't think you can read anything into this except that he plans on staying for 1, maybe 2 years minimum.

It's not like you can rent homes that size, so if you are making a great income and want to live very nicely, you have to purchase. And if you have to move & sell for a loss, no big deal -- cause the house's value isn't 5-10x your income.

That said, I do hope i 5 years McD becomes the head coach.

I just don't understand this at all......why?

You could very well be right.

But then, so could I.

Neither of us really know, do we?

You're the one making the unfounded assertion, not I.

And i do know. I know Kraft's acumen as a businessman such that he would not needlessly assume such unnecessary risk. You have no clue.

Last edited:
You're the one making the unfounded assertion, not I.

And i do know. I know Kraft's acumen as a businessman such that he would not needlessly assume such unnecessary risk. You have no clue.

You think you know his "acumen" as a businessman, but it really is only a guess because you, nor I for that matter, are "part" of his business acumen.

That being said, logic would suggest that either of us could be right, or wrong.

And we wont know which one it is for a few years.

But as is said, opinions are like *******s, everybody has one. (can I say "*******" here?)

You think you know his "acumen" as a businessman, but it really is only a guess because you, nor I for that matter, are "part" of his business acumen.

That being said, logic would suggest that either of us could be right, or wrong.

But as is said, opinions are like *******s, everybody has one. (can I say "*******" here?)

NOPE ....... :p

I just don't understand this at all......why?

He's shown he's great at OC:
1. His offensive system resulted in one of the, if not the, best offensive season in history
2. Kyle Orton (who sucks) had very good stats while Josh was the HC

BB sees something in him:
1. BB basically mentored/groomed him for the HC in his last year here, something I'm not sure Bill has done with others?
2. BB saw enough of him to bring him back

He's young, seems like a good student, he got his HC learning experience somewhere else, can learn some more from Bill, and the second time around should be better.

The guys who put Galileo under the threat of the Inquisition and made him recant that the Earth revolved around the sun; held their opinion was equally (or uniquely) right too. Also without any evidence to support them.

Provide one piece of "LOGIC" that would give you the benefit of being right; other than the logic of random chance making EVERYTHING FEASIBLE.

IMO you wouldn't recognize logic or business acumen if they bit you in the ass...

Can't fathom why this thread hasn't YET been relocated to the PS...

what ages are his kids if any? that could be a factor.

whether he stays a long time with Pats or not; he may be planning on setting down roots in the area and is trying to lock in a nice place with good schools.

Say he doesnt take over from BB in 2-4 years and gets offered a deal like Mangenious with ESPN instead. He would likely leave the family at home and just commute. He wouldn't necessarily be the first to do that with a HC gig in some other town either.

Especially with the rooney rule out there; I dont think Kraft would be silly enough to lock himself in to some personnel decision now when the facts could change in 2-3 years (if BB were even thinking about retiring then).

Personally I think BB has at least 5 more years in it w/ Pats; but who knows. As hard as he works; he could keel over on his fishing boat with a heart attack next week.

Ding, ding....we have a winner.

Our banking relationship manager lived on the same cul de sac as an NFL coordinator and despite the money, it's stressful and moving is quite the hassle.

It's also a year to year existance.

I would bet the wife said, hey, you did that now let's get back and settle in for awhile....I've got kids to raise.

1. His offensive system resulted in one of the, if not the, best offensive season in history

1. BB basically mentored/groomed him for the HC in his last year here, something I'm not sure Bill has done with others?

He's young, seems like a good student, he got his HC learning experience somewhere else, can learn some more from Bill, and the second time around should be better.

1. You must mean the existing offensive system he learned under, not his system.
2. You want to hire a head coach because of a QB's statistics? Really?

1. Groomed for what head coaching job? The Patriots? According to who?
2. Bill saw a replacement for the departing OC.

Being young means nothing. His head coaching experience was considered a failure.

Needless speculation on what would be a bad choice.

You're wasting your time trying to convince the McDaniels haters. Their arguments aren't reasonable, so you can't get them to re-think their position, because the gripes are emotional and not intellectual.

Last edited:
1. You must mean the existing offensive system he learned under, not his system.
2. You want to hire a head coach because of a QB's statistics? Really?

1. Groomed for what head coaching job? The Patriots? According to who?
2. Bill saw a replacement for the departing OC.

Being young means nothing. His head coaching experience was considered a failure.

Needless speculation on what would be a bad choice.

Why exactly are you speculating then?

Right, and it is now seven years later. He looks very, very tired.

There's a forum for people who simply make sh.t up and throw it at the wall and that's where this garbage belongs. It can go right next to the next thread about Randy Moss being as Patriot again........it could happen, right.......?

You're wasting your time trying to convince the McDaniels haters. Their arguments aren't reasonable, so you can't get them to re-think their position, because the gripes are emotional and not intellectual.

Give me a break, you got it all backwards. The next reasonable argument I hear on this subject will be the first.

How about you get all intellectual on us and give some reasons why you think it would be a good idea so we can emotionally gripe about it.

I'm not, I'm refuting those who are. See this thread is about Josh Mcdaniels' home purchase signifying there is a secret agreement for him to succeed Bill Belichick.

I didn't realize that you have actual, specific information to refute the belief that McDaniels would succeed Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back