PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Life is "Good" for McDaniels. Buys $2.2 million home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMcD was the OC of the only team to go 16-0 in the regular season. He went to the SB as OC with the 07 pats, and prior to that helped win 3 Super Bowls in assistant positions. His 2010 draft selections have proved good, with two very WRs and a QB that turned a 1-4 team into a team that won the division and a playoff game. And even in BB's second HC job hear in NE he had a slow start. You can't judge a HC that quickly.

Settle down about the 2010 draft, 2 WRs that combined for about 1150 yards and a first round QB that was just unloaded for a 4th rounder.

All I've said all along is that he has done nothing in his time away from the Pats to warrant them anointing him BB's successor, which is what this whole stupid ******* thread is about. That it is all baseless speculation.

Does anyone really think that the Patriots looked an JMD's last three years and felt the need contractually obligate themselves years in advance to him when BB leaves? They're much smarter than that.

Hardly my words :p, but that was an instance of poor decision making on a personnel end.

In any event, though you do cite cogent examples of systematic failures in the Broncos organization during the pre-McDaniels era, McDaniels was brought in to right the ship, using your analogy. Clearly, he was rather unsuccessful in that endeavor. Additionally, in his second year, the Broncos had the worst regular season record in decades, which in conjunction with the videogate scandal led to his dismissal. Whether that's because he lost his team due to his ego, acerbic personality or some other factor is speculation that I'll avoid touching on.

-Jamman

This is the same organization that bowed to fan pressure and played Tebow.

A reading of various Bronco blogs would show the fanbase was hardly pro- McDaniels.

Redevelopment will always have demolition period so success/failure has a timeframe.

Based on the events, one cannot say he would have been a success. Also, the basic dysfunction procludes him being dubbed a failure.

Schefter just tweeted that McDaniels ate all 3 meals yesterday, he must be getting ready to replace Belichick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back