PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's talk about the OL

Status
Not open for further replies.
im excited to see if the two rookies take the reigns and earn start positions early. I'd love for the OL to be wrapped up for the next 4 years

Mason Stork Jackson doesn't just sound good on an OL, it sounds like a great name for a Civil War general. Mason "Stork" Jackson.

The second reason I'm more comfortable this season is that Goog's will be more comfortable, and the players more comfortable with him and his style. Scar's shadow will be less of a story this season.

Good point. Much is made of rookie players making a big jump in year 2, but coaches too oftentimes need a year to truly get situated, have players get used to their rhythms, etc. There will be even more confidence in his methods since they were successful--from the KC game to winning the Super Bowl. Wow.

Jackson has a ton of experience playing next to stork, Mason is more physical than wendell......I see an improved running game

As of THIS moment these are the 5 who I'd like to see emerge. Solder - Flemming - Stork - Cannon - Volmer. Then as back ups, Wendell, Mason, Jackson, and Kline. But that's just a guess with little to substantiate it.

I have no interest in seeing Cannon at guard and I suspect neither do the Patriots. :) I'd be elated if the rookies start at guard because it would mean they impressed the hell out of the coaches.

Sure, it would be great if 2 of Flemming, Cannon, Mason and Jackson can play at the level we've seen Stork play at. IMO, I will sleep soundly as long as Wendell is healthy. Dude is a warrior and doesn't get the credit he's due.

I'm guessing Jackson at RG and Wendell at LG. Mason and Flemming will compete for the "goaline tackle" position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back