PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's all settle down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the top 5 TE's who can't stay on the field

Yep. Someone landing on and rolling your ankle (Pollard on Gronk, Edelman on Hernandez) and a guy running through your arm and breaking it on an extra point should definitely be used against you.

Oh and up until Gronk had his arm broke he had played in every game of his career and up until Edelman rolled Hernandez's ankle he had played in every game but 4. 2011 he missed only 2 games because of an MCL sprain when people predicted he would miss 4-6 weeks and 2010 he missed the last 2 games of the season because of his hip being dinged up but really it was 1 game as he could have went in Week 16 but there was no need as they had the bye.

But ya you and the other people go ahead and keep using this season as your example of them not being able to stay on the field. Yet the two seasons prior prove you and everyone that says it wrong.

Settle down? The Patriots just got worse and the Broncos just got better (in fact the Broncos now have the best WR core in the league). The Patriots' WR core is officially total garbage right now. This is a complete travesty. How many horribly bad personnel decisions have been made by Bill Belichick now? Certainly more than any franchise can endure.

Get the hell out of here this franchise can't endure Belichick and winning the division every year and a playoff game or more every year? What is the matter with you. This is the worst post I've ever read. Let's fire Belichick and get Tannenbaum I heard he's good at team building.

I have to post this again.

Too many 12, 13 and 14 year olds on this forum. Its comical.

What is funny is that these idiots were 4, 5 and 6 when the pats last won the SB. Even posters on here who are 18 were only 10 when it last happened.

They dont remember the culture and talent and character of those teams and how clutch Brady was with average WRs and how solid the D was.

They only respect stats and big Madden numbers.

The Pats have become the Payton Manning of the NFL. Time to get back to what worked.

I have to post this again.

Too many 12, 13 and 14 year olds on this forum. Its comical.

What is funny is that these idiots were 4, 5 and 6 when the pats last won the SB. Even posters on here who are 18 were only 10 when it last happened.

They dont remember the culture and talent and character of those teams and how clutch Brady was with average WRs and how solid the D was.

They only respect stats and big Madden numbers.

The Pats have become the Payton Manning of the NFL. Time to get back to what worked.

Amen brother! Build a defense and an offense that doesn't rely so heavily on one guy and you cannot be stopped!

I see assumptions in posts here and am not sure if any are true. Can someone verify with something close to evidence:

• The Pats offered Welker either nothing yet, or less than the Broncos
  • That Welker would have rather played in NE than somewhere else at this point
  • That Brady didn't know that Welker was going somewhere else, or seriously considering it, prior to signing his own deal
  • That Brady is surprised or upset

-Pats offered 2 years 10 million
-Apparently Welker would rather play here since he came back to ask us to match
-Doubt Brady was involved with Welker's negotiations at all, but I'm sure he is upset that his friend is no longer on the team.

I am so sick of "In Bill we trust." and that he cannot do any wrong because he won 3 SB. Breaking news: BB will now is sign a bunch of over the hill receivers who were good 8 years ago to low salary contracts to try and replace Welker which of course will not work out.

I don't even have to mention how the defense, moreso the secondary, has been in shambles for years. Either BB does not care or simply cannot fix it.

Still cannot believe BB let Welker walk to a rival because he did not want to pay him the extra million a year.

BB Great coach, Poor GM.

Denver isn't a rival, odd to see people showing more loyalty to Welker than Bill, wtf?

Lloyd staying would make a huge difference.

Not near as bad as 2006. We didn't have Gronk or Ahern those year. And if Lloyd sticks around (granted that may not be likely according to reports), he also outproduced all 2006 recievers by a considerable margin.

Denver isn't a rival, odd to see people showing more loyalty to Welker than Bill, wtf?

I will respectfully disagree that Denver is not a rival. Any team with Peyton Manning on it is our rival.

That's bull, we could have kept Welker and still evolved into this new offense, even if he wasn't the focal point. He wasn't going to cost us much money.

I don't mind getting rid of starters, but Pats could have shown him some respect here.

I laugh at all the people here who think they know everything that's involved in the Welker deal. How the hell do you guys know the Pats didn't match the Bronco's offer and Welker just decided to stick it to BB??? People jump into conclusions here about why or how did we not offer Welker top dollar.

I can see Welker going over to Denver had they offered him something like 40K-42K/4 year deal, and be ok with it. Something clearly out of our budget. I would have no problem with Welker if he chose to go to another team if they offered him a mega-deal (ala Wallace in Miami).

But the deal he had just signed with the donkeys is a joke. 12/2 is a pure joke. I HIGHLY doubt the Pats didn't offer him a deal that is at least that good. Welker I have a feeling, decided to be the little primadonna he is, and told the front office to go shove their offer up their *****.

I feel like we just lost to the Raiders by a score of 42-0. Where's my damned Scotch!

There's another game next week though and I'll be watching it and screaming Go Pats.

"Turn The Page"
-1 internet $ to Bob Seger-

Will Slater be our top receiver by weekend?

As Rodak said, this seems a lot like 2006. At least, we can start facing the issue in March instead of July, as we did then.

You all do remember Caldwell and Gabriel.

Yes, we can weak with below average receivers, but there is no reason to do so. This is a passing league.
C'mon MG, I expected better from you. You know damned well that this is an entirely different situation than in 2006, where we didn't lose Branch until late into training camp. If the Pats had a game next week then your post would have some merit. But because there are STILL six more months to go before we have to play a real game, I'd stop the whining.

Its OK to feel bad that Welker is gone. Its OK to want to demand some answers as to why 2 and 12 couildn't be matched. I feel bad and I want an answer too. But lets get past it. The decision was made. The powers to be (BB) have decided that the offense has to become less 'Welker-centric", if we are to become more than just perennial superbowl contenders. I would think we'd trust in the brain trust at Gillette a little more even if we disagree. They have a lot more information than we have upon which they make these hard decisions. We can speculate all we want about why the decision was made (because we'll have to wait for BB's memoirs before we'll ever really know), but its done.

Don't you think this administration has EARNED the right to make this kind of tough decision. Hasn't their record of success deserve at least the thought that there is some plan and that this offense WILL be at least effective come September. BB has made his share of mistakes over the years, but he's made all his decisions based on a ton more information than we have. Though it doesn't stop us from making them all the time ;)

Don't forget that even that horrid 2006 offense was still the 11th best total offense in the league and the 7th best scoring offense and that was with an "all star cast" (IIRC) of Gaffney, Caldwell, Brown, and Moroney. Right now we have 4 better offensive threats on the team for Brady to work with....and its STILL March.

Here's what we have to keep reminding ourselves over the next few weeks and months....and really we shouldn't have to be told. The sum is always greater than the individual parts. We don't need great players at every position to win a superbowl. We proved that 3 times. We need to assemble a group of players that together is greater than the individual parts.

We still have $25MM of cap space to use and there a still a lot of very good player available to sign. Keep this in mind. The player we get to replace Wes, is probably not going to be as good at doing what Wes did. But it is my hope, and BB's as well I imagine, that the combination of the 25 players who play offense, working together, will produce a better result. And until we actually get to see it in action in September, no on can say that it won't

I was shocked and very disappointed when I heard the amount WW signed for although I'm not seeing how he is more than a 50 - 60 catch guy in Denver but that's really not for me to worry about.

Just as astonishing is that Belichick would make this move (or in this case, sit by and let him go). I don't question his reasons as we know this is not a knee jerk reaction but even with Wes' production, the balls it takes it takes to let this guy go knowing the public outcry that's forthcoming is remarkable. I don't see any other GM or coach doing this for fear of the scrutiny and yet this really shouldn't surprise me given what happened with Milloy and Seymour.
Does BB have icewater running through his veins? And please, don't tell me Belichick wasn't instrumental in setting Welker's value. Given they signed Amendola so quickly and for more money (reports only so don't know for sure), this was not the backup plan but rather what they probably wanted all along (just my opinion).

I get caught up in the loyalty factor and think that fans, management and players share in it equally when in fact its fans that are the most loyal and on the flip side, if organizations used this in their criteria to invest in players, they would most likely be bottom feeders.
My committment to the Patriots was shaken today for about 20 minutes and then I heard the chatter about the "shift in power, Broncos prohibitive favorites, Patriots lose on a gamble,etc, etc" and then immediately I was fired up and loved the underdog or bad guy role our team is now being portrayed in certain circles and I can't wait for training camp.

Go Pats!!!

Jets fans are so happy right now...that alone makes me pissed

remaincalm-01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand