PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's all settle down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't insult him I said I don't want him for more than 7-8 million a year and that it was a failure by the Patriots to not take him back for 6. But to say the team is doomed is CRAP, especially in light of all the maniacs on here touting in bill we trust. If you believe that then trust him, he's not a moron.

When you were gleefully calling Welker 'Butterfingers' in other threads, you were insulting him. And I don't tout "In Bill we trust".

I'm sorry it's not only that Wes Welker left the Pats it's the how. If they decided to not renew his contract because they want to go in a different direction I would've said ok I don't agree but I trust the Pats FO to know better and that BB has a plan. But they said they'd really want to keep him and that's all you offer? Either you have no clue what he is worth or you just want to disrespect one of the greatest players to play for this organisation in recent years.

If they want to move forward fine ok but for a supposed to be classy franchise to handle it this way is something I simply can't understand

When you were gleefully calling Welker 'Butterfingers' in other threads, you were insulting him. And I don't tout "In Bill we trust".

It was the truth he is a bit of a butter fingers, look at his drops. You act like I said he was a garbage player and didn't want him back at any cost like some morons on here.

Will Slater be our top receiver by weekend?

As Rodak said, this seems a lot like 2006. At least, we can start facing the issue in March instead of July, as we did then.

You all do remember Caldwell and Gabriel.

Yes, we can weak with below average receivers, but there is no reason to do so. This is a passing league.

Not near as bad as 2006. We didn't have Gronk or Ahern those year. And if Lloyd sticks around (granted that may not be likely according to reports), he also outproduced all 2006 recievers by a considerable margin.

WR
Jennings/Cruz/Alexander
Lloyd
Amendola
Edelman
Slater
2nd Rd Pick

TE
Gronk
Nandez
Ballard
HooHoo

IMHO that is a better unit than last year by quite a bit. I wouldn't worry until everything is set in stone folks.

It was the truth he is a bit of a butter fingers, look at his drops. You act like I said he was a garbage player and didn't want him back at any cost like some morons on here.

No, it wasn't the truth, and your posts speak for themselves.

WR
Jennings/Cruz/Alexander
Lloyd
Amendola
Edelman
Slater
2nd Rd Pick

TE
Gronk
Nandez
Ballard
HooHoo

IMHO that is a better unit than last year by quite a bit. I wouldn't worry until everything is set in stone folks.

Not happening

Will be honest and call hernandaz a butterfinger too or just ingnore his drops.

now that he is gone to denver i look forward to our rookie cb or some unknown cheap CB cover him during playoffs.

I'm sorry it's not only that Wes Welker left the Pats it's the how. If they decided to not renew his contract because they want to go in a different direction I would've said ok I don't agree but I trust the Pats FO to know better and that BB has a plan. But they said they'd really want to keep him and that's all you offer? Either you have no clue what he is worth or you just want to disrespect one of the greatest players to play for this organisation in recent years.

If they want to move forward fine ok but for a supposed to be classy franchise to handle it this way is something I simply can't understand

Yeah, the fact that they offered him $5M/year plus incentives but wouldn't pay the $6M is puzzling to say the least. It honestly would've looked better had they not gave him an offer at all (not saying it'd look good but better)

Not happening

then please tell me what you think is plausible?

Everyone is freaking out for no reason. We have yet to see a signing in FA and we still have the draft coming up. Have some frickin faith in our staff to get the best players around us to win. We have $25 million to bring in plenty of good players.

Well, Pats better sign some good CBs to defend Welker now.

Settle down? The Patriots just got worse and the Broncos just got better (in fact the Broncos now have the best WR core in the league). The Patriots' WR core is officially total garbage right now. This is a complete travesty. How many horribly bad personnel decisions have been made by Bill Belichick now? Certainly more than any franchise can endure.

We'll see how this turns out in the next few days. If we can't get Talib or Vollmer we'll know BB is seriously screwing things up. But if we get them locked up and maybe another DB that will be more important than signing Welker anyways.

The thing that could really make this deal look ok is if we go and make some surprise trade for a deep threat WR. Some people around here are throwing around Cruz and Fitzgerald. Getting the seems like nothing but a wet dream to me, but who knows, maybe BB does something totally unexpected like he did in the 1rst round last year.

Welker leaving at this type of money suggests that the pats are well prepared for him to go.

I am so sick of "In Bill we trust." and that he cannot do any wrong because he won 3 SB. Breaking news: BB will now is sign a bunch of over the hill receivers who were good 8 years ago to low salary contracts to try and replace Welker which of course will not work out.

I don't even have to mention how the defense, moreso the secondary, has been in shambles for years. Either BB does not care or simply cannot fix it.

Still cannot believe BB let Welker walk to a rival because he did not want to pay him the extra million a year.

BB Great coach, Poor GM.

Pats have still yet to sign anyone. Of all the possibilities out there, that is what is bothering me. With how bad we suck at drafting, it'd be reasonable to think that the team would try and get in on the action early.

Lets see how their off season plan plays out before jumping off the bridge(I see some already have), Its no secret they were offensively top heavy and weak defensively the last few years and that hasnt produced a super bowl winning team. Id like to see the plan unfold before I criticize anyone. Theres a long way to go before the team is even close to set.

Pats have still yet to sign anyone. Of all the possibilities out there, that is what is bothering me. With how bad we suck at drafting, it'd be reasonable to think that the team would try and get in on the action early.

Yeah, the last 3 drafts have been awful :confused:, I realize they got rid of some of you guys binkie but this is a business and they have a plan to put the best team they can within the salary cap every year, since 2001 they've been competetive so they must have a small clue what they're doing. Wait til the plan is executed before you lose your minds.

Settle down? The Patriots just got worse and the Broncos just got better (in fact the Broncos now have the best WR core in the league). The Patriots' WR core is officially total garbage right now. This is a complete travesty. How many horribly bad personnel decisions have been made by Bill Belichick now? Certainly more than any franchise can endure.

The only travesty is everyone thinks they know better than NFL coaches. FA has only been open for 27 hours and we haven't even got to the draft yet and you idiots are throwing in the white flag and *****ing the Bronocos "just got better".

Why don't you fools calm the F down and let things play out before getting your f'n panties in a bunch. We have $25 million to spend, I can promise you we will get some good players that improve the team, you just have to be patient.

I am late but assume half the board is crying over Welker. Edelman time! Watch him beast with Brady.

Let Welker choke with Peyton.
welker.gif

Right in his damn hands.

I see assumptions in posts here and am not sure if any are true. Can someone verify with something close to evidence:

• The Pats offered Welker either nothing yet, or less than the Broncos
  • That Welker would have rather played in NE than somewhere else at this point
  • That Brady didn't know that Welker was going somewhere else, or seriously considering it, prior to signing his own deal
  • That Brady is surprised or upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey