PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last yr we were overloaded at WR , this yr are we thin..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're thin at wide receiver at all. The only thing I wonder is who is going to line up across from Moss? Welker and Gaffney do most of their damage in the slot and I think the team will keep both of them there this year.

Gaffney across from Moss definitely.

The pats should be looking at joe horn. he is on the trading block and the gm of the falcons is a former pat employee.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/08/12/falcons_joe_horn_trade.html

Horn wants out of Atlanta because he is upset that he is going to lose playing time due to the fact that they want to use younger players over him to rebuild the team. How is he going to be happy to play third fiddle behind Moss and Welker? He wants to be traded to a place where he can be the guy or at least be a full time starter. Ain't going to happen in New England.

Besides, this is the second team in two years that Horn has tried to shoot his way out of town. Why would we want a guy who is constantly unhappy and a distraction to the team. Maybe if he was as talented as Randy Moss you take a shot in hopes that he can buy into the Patriots way, but Horn is 36 and hasn't had anything close to a 1,000 yard season in 3 years in either New Orleans or Atlanta. He seems to be a guy who doesn't realize his skills have diminished and that he is nothing more than a role player at this point. That is why he wants out of Atlanta.

Horn wants out of Atlanta because he is upset that he is going to lose playing time due to the fact that they want to use younger players over him to rebuild the team. How is he going to be happy to play third fiddle behind Moss and Welker? He wants to be traded to a place where he can be the guy or at least be a full time starter. Ain't going to happen in New England.

Yeah, but he would be a most time starter as the 3rd WR. IIRC he can play on the outside lining up opposite of Moss in the Z reciever spot. That was the spot he got most of his production in NO in.

BTW, many teams would kill to have our top 3 WR combination. Look at our division. Would you trade Moss, Welker, and Gaffney for the five best WRs of the combined teams in our division? I think it would be close. Evans, Coles, Cotchery, Ginn Jr., and..... ah... just pick a player out of hat would be a nice combination, but both Welker and Moss had more yards, catches, and TDs than any of them.

I would lean towards the trade because the depth may outweigh the loss you get with the two prinary WRs

Moss/Welker vs. Harrison/Wayne or Ocho/Houshmandzadeh? I'll take Moss/Welker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST