PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last two cuts, Jeremy Ross and Marques Murrell

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
And that's that. for now.

Wonder if Ross will surface on the PS...

So what's the remaining cut schedule? We're down to 80 for this last preseason game, when is the final cut down date?

I thought the Pats were just one player over the limit, no? Doesn't this leave one roster spot open?

If so, commence free agent signing speculation in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

would you want that?

He is a decent punt returner and if we do cut Tate, he maybe his backup. He needs to develop his route running.

Would like it if Ross gets into the PS if Tate is cut.

I thought the Pats were just one player over the limit, no? Doesn't this leave one roster spot open?

If so, commence free agent signing speculation in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

No. They were two over with the signing of James Dearth because of the signings of Tiquan Underwood and Ross Ventrone.

No. They were two over with the signing of James Dearth because of the signings of Tiquan Underwood and Ross Ventrone.
Thanks, I knew they had cut 11 but for some reason didn't calculate those three other signings in my head.

How was your honeymoon?

So what's the remaining cut schedule? We're down to 80 for this last preseason game, when is the final cut down date?

I believe this will help with your question I was thinking the same thing

Patriots eligible for practice squad - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Even with a number of roster moves already made, the final week of the preseason will continue be a busy one for the Patriots’ coaching and personnel staffs. By Tuesday afternoon, the team will be required to cut down to 80 players, and by Saturday afternoon, the regular season roster limit of 53 players will be in place.

Last edited:
Like both cuts. Jeremy Ross too raw and Murrell was too one dimensional, with just pash rush ability but not even that great at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore