PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last Minute & Postgame Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBruinz: Moral police for us all. Maybe when you realize that the Patriots players aren't a bunch of saints, you'll be able to just sit back and enjoy the game, whether it's NFL or a pretend browser-based game (he freaked out and left the Patsfans team on Goal Line Blitz because he thought that we were running up the score).

I don't care what Tedy said. It's football and the Pats are a p*ssed off team. I'd have more problems with a rookie saying something like that than TedyB. After seeing and playing through everything this team's been through I'd say Tedy Bruschi's probably earned the right to not have his rare public fits of passion criticized, least of all by us. Same with Vrabes.

indeed to many people care about stuff like that when they see it/hear it.., it happens all game, those are just some of the remarks the cameras pick up its part of the game get used to it

Meh. It's an emotional game.

But how dumb is CBS to stick a camera AND sound on players yelling back and forth?

Well if Tedy some something that was not PC but rhymes with 'gag', then I am sure it hurt Coach Eric personally. (Man-Gina is his clubbing nickname).

Last edited:
DaBruinz: Moral police for us all. Maybe when you realize that the Patriots players aren't a bunch of saints, you'll be able to just sit back and enjoy the game, whether it's NFL or a pretend browser-based game (he freaked out and left the Patsfans team on Goal Line Blitz because he thought that we were running up the score).

BradyFTW, how about you do everyone a favor and not mention things which you are clearly ignorant about? There was no "getting MORAL" about Bruschi.

1) I enjoyed yesterdays game just fine. All I did was point out that I was blown away by Bruschi's comments.

2) I find it hilarious that you think my leaving the GLB Patsfans.com team was about the team running up the score on lousy teams. You really shouldn't comment on things when you don't even have your facts straight. I wasn't "getting all moral" because the team was running up the score. I was advocatiing that the team change some of its tactics so that the reserve players would get some friggin playing time. Why don't you mention that the primary RB averaged 34 rushes a game with 5 games where he broke 40+ carries. When I mentioned about spreading out playing time people like yourself acted all friggin COLTS FANNISH and thought you were being cool cause the starting RB got 60+ carries in a blow-out win while the reserve RB 6 or 4. All the team had to do was change ONE LITTLE tick mark and that was to "favor reserves when up by 42 or more" for the 4th quarter and I would have been happy. I mean, who gives a rats ass about the other people who have players on the team, right? Who cares if they don't get their experience, right? They aren't really apart of the team. They are just the reserves.

BTW, the Patsfans.com team was so "great" that it lost 3 of its last 4 regular season games and for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, it made an early play-off exit.

It was the arrogant jerks like yourself, BradyFTW, who made my decision to leave the Patsfans.com team very very easy.

I will chalk it up to linebackers being linebackers. There is a good reason why mikes have never been allowed unedited on the field, as I am sure there is alot of "your mama" talk....that would be a real funny Steve Sabol program,lol.

BradyFTW, how about you do everyone a favor and not mention things which you are clearly ignorant about? There was no "getting MORAL" about Bruschi.

1) I enjoyed yesterdays game just fine. All I did was point out that I was blown away by Bruschi's comments.

2) I find it hilarious that you think my leaving the GLB Patsfans.com team was about the team running up the score on lousy teams. You really shouldn't comment on things when you don't even have your facts straight. I wasn't "getting all moral" because the team was running up the score. I was advocatiing that the team change some of its tactics so that the reserve players would get some friggin playing time. Why don't you mention that the primary RB averaged 34 rushes a game with 5 games where he broke 40+ carries. When I mentioned about spreading out playing time people like yourself acted all friggin COLTS FANNISH and thought you were being cool cause the starting RB got 60+ carries in a blow-out win while the reserve RB 6 or 4. All the team had to do was change ONE LITTLE tick mark and that was to "favor reserves when up by 42 or more" for the 4th quarter and I would have been happy. I mean, who gives a rats ass about the other people who have players on the team, right? Who cares if they don't get their experience, right? They aren't really apart of the team. They are just the reserves.

BTW, the Patsfans.com team was so "great" that it lost 3 of its last 4 regular season games and for the 3rd time in 4 seasons, it made an early play-off exit.

It was the arrogant jerks like yourself, BradyFTW, who made my decision to leave the Patsfans.com team very very easy.

^ see what I'm talking about? Better to just ignore the guy.

Bruschi was yelling at the ref, but he also said something very derogatory and it blew my mind because I heard what he said. I had to rewind my DVR because I couldn't believe it. Needless to say, if one of us said what he did, we'd be banned for a week from the boards.

He said throw the flag, he didn't call him a ***.

He said "throw the f*cking flag!" I watched it a couple times and I don't hear "f*g" anywhere.

1) I enjoyed yesterdays game just fine. All I did was point out that I was blown away by Bruschi's comments

If your blown away by that comment, try spending some time down on the field during a game, the trash talking that goes on by BOTh sides will leave you speachless for months.

If your blown away by that comment, try spending some time down on the field during a game, the trash talking that goes on by BOTh sides will leave you speachless for months.

Football becomes less disappointing when you stop putting players up on a pedestal to the point that you are surprised or let down when they use racial slurs or just plain bad language.

The Patriots aren't some special team free of jerks. The percentage of *******s on the Patriots is pretty much in keeping with the rest of the league.

I don't know why anyone thinks that a bunch of overpaid manchildren would all magically know how to behave themselves.

Regardless, Bruschi didn't call anyone a ***. He wanted the flag thrown on Shaun Ellis for taking his helmet off.

Exactly- these guys aren't saints, and in many cases aren't even good people. This isn't the National Great Guy League- they're just guys who are really good at playing football. They get paid millions of dollars, and in exchange we expect a reasonable level of public decency from them, and that's that. If you put cameras on the field, you're going to hear some crazy stuff. If you start expecting them to be well-composed and gentlemanly even then, then you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

If your blown away by that comment, try spending some time down on the field during a game, the trash talking that goes on by BOTH sides will leave you speechless for months.
Absolutely true. Some people are acting like this is the first time an NFL player has ever dropped an f-bomb or used a derogatory word - gimme' a break; it happens on every sideline in every game, every week. The only screw up was the CBS director that elected to use video and audio of the sidelines at that moment and didn't cut away to another camera quicker.

Football becomes less disappointing when you stop putting players up on a pedestal to the point that you are surprised or let down when they use racial slurs or just plain bad language.

The Patriots aren't some special team free of jerks. The percentage of *******s on the Patriots is pretty much in keeping with the rest of the league.

I don't know why anyone thinks that a bunch of overpaid manchildren would all magically know how to behave themselves.

Regardless, Bruschi didn't call anyone a ***. He wanted the flag thrown on Shaun Ellis for taking his helmet off.

Again, this is in the hypothetical as I did not hear him past the f-bomb (which may be edited out and still be obvious - I was just surprised to hear it). My criticism would be (1) Bruschi is a veteran, (2) I guarantee you he has had at least 15 years worth of lectures on dealing with the media preaching against screaming derogatory words on the field, thus (3) he should not be acting in a way he was taught not to act since he was a rookie.

If he did it, do I think less of him as a player? No. It was a mistake. If he did it, is he hearing about it this week? Bet on it. This team does not need scandal, and if the Imus or John Rocker stories are not an indication how a brief, public statement can blow up in the speaker's face after a derogatory reference, review your history. More importantly, I am quite sure Bruschi, whose young kids may well be watching him on television, would not be pleased with the result.

In the end, I place far more blame the network as I thought there was a delay requirement after the Janet Jackson saga. That statement clearly should not have been broadcast, so somebody dropped the ball and as a result the FCC will probably be sending the network a bill.

Nobody says these guys are choir boys, cosmopolitan, scholars or necessarily likable, but they do stand in front of a live audience. The hero worship that fans, including kids, exhibit requires that they act accordingly, especially when kids may be watching and adults do not want to have to define new words unexpectedly presented or have to explain why two adults are throwing nasty words at each other when they were taught not to do so. Television is not reality. Let kids have their heroes and grow cynical through life experience. I suspect you did not reach this awakening by having your hero kick you to the curb or show his dark side when you were still a kid (I recall '70s football as extremely civil on television despite nonfiction accounts to the contrary), so let's leave the picture to images of Tedy running around on the field playing with his kids and leave the gritty reality out of it.

I don't think it's putting someone on a pedestal to expect them to not use "f*g" or throw the N word around. That's just common decency. I could care less what other expletives they use- hell, I curse quite a bit myself- but those particular words are just offensive.

That being said, I did rewind a few times and what I heard was "that was a ******* ****ty flag"- I thought in response to the false start on a kneel-down. But I could be wrong.

I was being sarcastic. Given how animated he was, I would guess he meant whatever he said. Not appropriate for a veteran player.

I heard Bruschi on Dale & Holley & he said things were said in the heat of the moment and he had caught a lot of flak for what he said, particularly from his wife. He was laughing, though and not apologetic. I didn't see (or hear) what happened, so I didn't know what they were talking about.

Last year during the Redskins game, Tom Brady yelled "You've got to be f***ing KIDDING ME" when they had a false start at the goal line. THe mic picked it up clear as day.

I thought it was totally awesome and kept rewinding the TIVO just to hear him say it.

YMMV.

Last year during the Redskins game, Tom Brady yelled "You've got to be f***ing KIDDING ME" when they had a false start at the goal line. THe mic picked it up clear as day.

I thought it was totally awesome and kept rewinding the TIVO just to hear him say it.

YMMV.

I think the hypothetical discussion was over his statement if it was derogatory (flag minus a letter, or a variant thereof). There wouldn't be much of a buzz over profanity. I believe every key player in the organization, including the head coach, has a YouTube clip dropping the f-bomb (I believe TB has a video from a celebrity golf tournament where he uses the word like a true champion). I didn't personally hear anything after Bruschi's f-bomb as I wondering, with how clear the word came across on television, if the NFL Sunday Ticket games were edited or not. Lost in the moment, so to speak.

I think the hypothetical discussion was over his statement if it was derogatory (flag minus a letter, or a variant thereof). There wouldn't be much of a buzz over profanity. I believe every key player in the organization, including the head coach, has a YouTube clip dropping the f-bomb (I believe TB has a video from a celebrity golf tournament where he uses the word like a true champion). I didn't personally hear anything after Bruschi's f-bomb as I wondering, with how clear the word came across on television, if the NFL Sunday Ticket games were edited or not. Lost in the moment, so to speak.

I didn't hear it either. I was watching it on CBS and rewinded my DVR to try to hear it when someone else mentioned it.

I definitely don't condone it if she did say a derogatory remark, but I also do agree with others that it probably happens a lot on the field as trash talk, and most of the guys consider it part of the game. That might be why he didn't seem apologetic, as another poster stated, because he just happened to get caught for it.

Wasn't any worse than Favre dropping the f bomb when he got intercepted yesterday.....camera caught that one plain as day too...only no audible...but there was no mistaking what he said.

And really, even if he did say f*g instead of flag.....who cares.....doesn't make me like him any more or any less....and that's pretty tame anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News