PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lane Kiffin for OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the perception Belichick values loyalty by his coaches. Has Kiffin shown any loyalty wherever he has gone?

I get the perception Belichick values loyalty by his coaches. Has Kiffin shown any loyalty wherever he has gone?
He has been at bama for two whole years now

As long as Brady is here, McDaniels will be here. He's only 39 years old, working with the greatest HC and QB of all time. Why would he want to leave while the party is still going on?

he did once and may again...

Hiring Lane Kiffin would go against the "Coaching Meritocracy" that BB usually adheres to... doubt very much that this team will change its offensive philosophy..

More concerned if Matt Patricia leaves than McDaniels, would Pepper be a replacement for him???

he did once and may again...
you could well be right, but he was younger (32) when he made that decision. sometimes you don't know how good you have it at that age. but, you might be right.

Right. The only way a job (IMO) is a good opportunity is A) a good, committed owner who is going to show patience and not interfere, B) a GM who is either completely in sync with you or IS you or is chosen BY you. But see, it appears to me that hardly any of the head coaching opportunities meet this criteria. Which is one of the primary reasons they all fail over and over again while BB has 15 straight winning seasons.
I would disagree. From the perspective of a guy who wants to be a HC you can't say the only team you will coach is the one with the perfect FO.
I think its actually the opposite. Every job is good unless the FO totally sucks.
I would change your A and B to owner and GM who are competent and won't totally get in your way. That only rules out a few teams.
If you are a coach who is striving to be a HC you can't take 90% of the teams and rule them out, or you will never get a job.

Hiring Lane Kiffin would go against the "Coaching Meritocracy" that BB usually adheres to... doubt very much that this team will change its offensive philosophy..

More concerned if Matt Patricia leaves than McDaniels, would Pepper be a replacement for him???
Pepper is gone. Either BB told him it was time, or he realized he wasn't moving up. He wouldn't be brought back to be promoted.
The only reason he would be in a discussion is that he has name value. BB will promote the best guy, not caring about name recognition.

Pepper is gone. Either BB told him it was time, or he realized he wasn't moving up. He wouldn't be brought back to be promoted.
The only reason he would be in a discussion is that he has name value. BB will promote the best guy, not caring about name recognition.

I agree, however wasn't he "runnerup" last time the position became available.. not sure I am aware of an heir apparent on this staff currently..

OTOH maybe Bill told him to go find how other organizations work which adds to his resume..

I agree, however wasn't he "runnerup" last time the position became available.. not sure I am aware of an heir apparent on this staff currently..

OTOH maybe Bill told him to go find how other organizations work which adds to his resume..
Runnerup? Where did you get that?
It appears Graham is the heir apparent.
McDaniels nor Patricia were known to be heir apparents either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST