PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Landmark Date for Aaron Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez allegedly committed a heinous crime. The presumption of innocence (albeit interesting) should be held in the highest regard. If Hernandez is legally entitled to whatever money the Patriots owe him, so be it.

The world isn't a fair place. Just because you may have done something doesn't mean you should be screwed out of something unless there is precedent.
That will be up to a court or arbitrator to decide based on the exact wording, context and precedent of the contract. If I were sitting in jail I wouldn't get paid for my job based on the presumption of innocence and neither would anyone here I'm sure. AH's situation is different but his contract and someone else will determine that, not "the presumption of innocence".

If I were the Patriots I would do what they're doing, not pay him a single dime until a legal authority tells me I have to. Then I would pay it.

That will be up to a court or arbitrator to decide based on the exact wording, context and precedent of the contract. If I were sitting in jail I wouldn't get paid for my job based on the presumption of innocence and neither would anyone here I'm sure. AH's situation is different but his contract and someone else will determine that, not "the presumption of innocence".

If I were the Patriots I would do what they're doing, not pay him a single dime until a legal authority tells me I have to. Then I would pay it.
With the greatest respect BelichickFan, you have completely missed the point of my post. Hernandez hasn't been convicted of anything yet. If he's entitled to money legally, then so be it. It doesn't mean I have to agree with the entitlement.

With the greatest respect BelichickFan, you have completely missed the point of my post. Hernandez hasn't been convicted of anything yet. If he's entitled to money legally, then so be it. It doesn't mean I have to agree with the entitlement.
We're saying the same thing, it's for the court to decide. But just because there's a presumption of innocence I wouldn't pay him a dollar until I were told I had to. Partly because we know he did it (even if he didn't pull the trigger, he was there) and partly because the gun charges alons will put him away for longer than the rest of his career. Presumption of innonce ? Yes. Paying him voluntarily before a court or arbitrator says you have to ? No.

It's been almost a year and I'm still shocked with this case.

Too much talent wasted, this dude scored a touchdown in a SuperBowl? I mean, how many guys are able to do that, how many did? Do you have any idea what is like to score a TD in the most important game on the planet. Fug the world cup final. I would rather play a down in a SB than an entire WC match.

Reading some stats yesterday, in his second NFL game, against the Jets, he received for 101 yards, the youngest player to get 100+ yards since the 60's.

Watching some highlights I could not facepalm and ask why, how come he could possibly do something like that and blow a promising career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes