PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady: the Freeney Stopper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's who played, I guess I don't understand your point. what major piece to your puzzle was missing that night?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=28984&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2006&week=REG9
You are completely clueless. The Patriots starting free safety Eugene Wilson was placed on injured reserve earlier in the season and cornerback Randall Gay was placed on injured reserve earlier in the season as well. Randall Gay is the third best cornerback on the Patriots roster. So after the fourth offensive play for the Colts in the New England Patriots game, three fifths of the Patriots secondary was missing, especially when you take into account the nickel package.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=271014006

You obviously did not read the Scouts Inc. assessment of the New England Patriots:

The Patriots flexed their offensive depth and completely dominated the Cowboys. With Dallas focusing its attention on WR Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte' Stallworth combined for 18 catches, 260 yards and three touchdowns. Tom Brady threw five touchdowns as the Patriots' spread offense -- and passing attack in general -- was just too much for the Cowboys to overcome. This might be the best offense we've seen in the past two decades, as it can beat you in so many ways. With Dallas spread out on defense, it just could not get consistent pressure. The Patriots receivers do an excellent job of adjusting their routes based on coverage, and when Dallas played off coverage, New England threw underneath. When the Cowboys pressed, the Pats went over the top. The Patriots did whatever they wanted all day in the passing game, and the Cowboys just did not have the personnel to match up. Dallas found out what we already knew: New England is the best team in the NFL, and the second-best team is not even close.
-- Jeremy Green, Scouts Inc.

You are completely clueless. The Patriots starting free safety Eugene Wilson was placed on injured reserve earlier in the season and cornerback Randall Gay was placed on injured reserve earlier in the season as well. Randall Gay is the third best cornerback on the Patriots roster. So after the fourth offensive play for the Colts in the New England Patriots game, three fifths of the Patriots secondary was missing, especially when you take into account the nickel package.

You obviously did not read the Scouts Inc. assessment of the New England Patriots:

The Patriots flexed their offensive depth and completely dominated the Cowboys. With Dallas focusing its attention on WR Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte' Stallworth combined for 18 catches, 260 yards and three touchdowns. Tom Brady threw five touchdowns as the Patriots' spread offense -- and passing attack in general -- was just too much for the Cowboys to overcome. This might be the best offense we've seen in the past two decades, as it can beat you in so many ways. With Dallas spread out on defense, it just could not get consistent pressure. The Patriots receivers do an excellent job of adjusting their routes based on coverage, and when Dallas played off coverage, New England threw underneath. When the Cowboys pressed, the Pats went over the top. The Patriots did whatever they wanted all day in the passing game, and the Cowboys just did not have the personnel to match up. Dallas found out what we already knew: New England is the best team in the NFL, and the second-best team is not even close.

You know, the Colt's were missing several players as well in that game. The great teams win regardless of who does or does not play.

All I know is that your two BEST guys, samual and Hobbs, played. Plus, that 3-4 is suppose to give us fits. Those LBer's are supposed to pick up some slack.

As for this season:

Pennington: Noodle Arm, and injured
Rivers: Are you kidding??
Losman: knocked out first play. Edwards:Rookie
Anderson: Has he started anywhere?
Romo: Not even a full season starting under his belt

So, you see, it's not as if you've faced much competition yourselves.

My modest homage to Kyle Brady has been hijacked. :(

All I know is that your two BEST guys, samual and Hobbs, played. Plus, that 3-4 is suppose to give us fits. Those LBer's are supposed to pick up some slack.

As for this season:

You conveniently left out Carson Palmer. The Cleveland Browns won today and have as many victories as the Houston Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=29273&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2007&week=REG6

Why don't you check out the stat line for Derek Anderson?

As for Romo, wasn't he the second coming of Brett Favre?

You conveniently left out Carson Palmer. The Cleveland Browns won today and have as many victories as the Houston Texans.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxscore?game_id=29273&displayPage=tab_box_score&season=2007&week=REG6

Why don't you check out the stat line for Derek Anderson?

As for Romo, wasn't he the second coming of Brett Favre?

Cincy is 1-4, Rudy was out, and 18 LBer's were missing. Didn't think I'd have to point that out.

I never said Romo was the second coming of anything. I think all these ding dongs are nuts. There's Manning and Brady, and then there is everybody else.

Anderson plays pretty well at home, but he's still green.

As for this season:

funny he was good enough with the boys to beat the colts last year. The colts are a great team however they lost alot in FA and I do not think last weeks game against the Bucs is a true testament to how bad their running game is without Addai. TB doesn't impress me defensively they are in the NFC and until I see them stop a great team (Pats, Steelers, Colts) they are an also ran in my book. Pats made huge FA pickups and Colts stood pat with no attempt to trade for a NT once Booger went down. they should have drafted one cheap as a possible backup instead they got a WR. the one thing they didnt need

Cincy is 1-4, Rudy was out, and 18 LBer's were missing. Didn't think I'd have to point that out.
Tell me which New England Patriots starters were out for the Cincinnati Bengals game this year. You always point out other teams injuries for that game and not the Patriots.

funny he was good enough with the boys to beat the colts last year. The colts are a great team however they lost alot in FA and I do not think last weeks game against the Bucs is a true testament to how bad their running game is without Addai. TB doesn't impress me defensively they are in the NFC and until I see them stop a great team (Pats, Steelers, Colts) they are an also ran in my book. Pats made huge FA pickups and Colts stood pat with no attempt to trade for a NT once Booger went down. they should have drafted one cheap as a possible backup instead they got a WR. the one thing they didnt need
It was a pretty pedestrian performance. No td's, 1 pick. The story was the Dallas defense.

NP, you can think what you want about our run game sans Addai.
And of course the Bucs are not impressive defensively, I expect nothing less from here.

Again, we'll let everyone know who you consider to be also rans.

Good call on the WR thing too. You are smart. Probably didn't need Ugoh either, eh?

The Patriots are very good. The Colts are also very good. Why does every conversation turn into a tard fest between Colts trolls/fans and Patriots fans/inbreds?

Three WR's, Maroney and K. Brady on Freeney's side as the sixth tackle. Tom for the first time will not have to worry about his back side, and the Colts DB's just won't be able to cover Welker, Stallworth and Moss. Game over.

I highly doubt Kyle Brady is the Freeney stopper. And remember, we do have another guy on the opposite side by the name of Robert Mathis. And while our DBs probably wont be able to stay with your WRs the whole game, they will certainly lay some hits on your WRs. And btw, do you actually think your DBs can cover our WRs?

I highly doubt Kyle Brady is the Freeney stopper.
Freeney only has 7 sacks in his last 21 regular season games. Freeney is not the force he was during his first four seasons.
I And remember, we do have another guy on the opposite side by the name of Robert Mathis.
Meanwhile the New England Patriots have a right tackle named Nick Kaczur.
And while our DBs probably wont be able to stay with your WRs the whole game, they will certainly lay some hits on your WRs.
If you can't cover the Patriots wide receivers then it will be just as hard to hit them.
And btw, do you actually think your DBs can cover our WRs?
Since the New England Patriots defensive secondary is healthy this year, the Patriots stand a better chance to slow down the Colts offense.

The Colt's are a better team this year than they were last year, across the board. It doesn't matter who we lost, the simple fact is, we are a BETTER team than we were last year.

At some point you've got to stop yapping about who all we lost and realize, their replacements are BETTER. Almost to a man.

Jackson-better than Harper.
Hayden-WAY better than David.
Keiaho-better than June.
Keith-better than Rhodes.
Ugoh-not better than Glenn, but he's MORE than holding his own.
E. Johnson-again, not better than Booger but, doing fine.

Anthony Gonzalez is not better than Stokely but he's coming on strong, 7 catches for 71 yards against the Buc's. He will get better, that is if Dallas Clark will cool down enough to let him get on the field, lol.

The Colt's are younger, stronger, and faster in many key positions and thats the bottom line. Enough with the "Colts lost to much" blather.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back