PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Brady Signed re: Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! Now lets get the Thomas one confirmed.

A nice role player, fills that Blocking TE role that neither Thomas nor Watson could fill.

I'm sad that Graham is gone, but I've always like Kyle Brady, so I'm happy that we got this done and quickly.

A nice role player, fills that Blocking TE role that neither Thomas nor Watson could fill.

D. Thomas showed that he could block last season. Going into the season relying on just him, however, is a bit too risky.

Brady signed?:eek: :eek:

Brady came to terms on Friday night with the New England Patriots on a two-year contract worth $5.3 million, including a $2 million signing bonus that was worth more than the 2007 salary that his old team had offered.

My whole thing was to go out and find a team that wanted me and would show that by the contract they were offering," Brady told The Times-Union in a phone interview from a Boston restaurant. "Plus, a team that's within reach of a Super Bowl, and this one always seems to be among the AFC elite.
"You can't get a better combination of stability in terms of the quarterback [Tom Brady] and the head coach [Belichick]," Brady said.

Brady to Brady sounds good!

I'm sorry, but I don't feel all that great about this signing at the prices mentioned above. Maybe I'm still relating to the "old salary cap" prices, but this seems like we panicked a bit to pay this much for an old warhorse like Brady. This signing feels like a "reach" in the draft. Not a bad signing that will kill the Pats, but nothing to dance around about either.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel all that great about this signing at the prices mentioned above. Maybe I'm still relating to the "old salary cap" prices, but this seems like we panicked a bit to pay this much for an old warhorse like Brady. This signing feels like a "reach" in the draft. Not a bad signing that will kill the Pats, but nothing to dance around about either.

I'm thinking that the Pats weren't overly impressed with what they saw at the combine or what will be available in FA other than K Brady and just got it done.

It's a two year deal. The Patriots are poising for a back to back Superbowl run here. This is a good signing.

Another example of top line management in this team.

There are two recieving TEs on the team, Watson and Thomas. Neither could be considered a solid blocker.

You can sign a monster blocking TE who catches too for $5 million a year, or you can sign a monster blocking TE who doesn't catch so much for $2 million a year and save the rest of that cap cash to bring in some WR help.

Since entering the league Kyle Brady has been active for 95% of his games, Graham has only been active for 79%.

I think the Patriots are willing to pay a premium for his durability.

Do you think the Patriots will draft a tight end? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes