Welcome to PatsFans.com

Kravitz: "Despite issues, team's pride shines in defeat"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ice_Ice_Brady, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Colts shouldn't have lost. Peyton played poorly and was a liability, and the special teams played poorly. On the bright side, the defense played well.

That's what we get out of that game. The Colts should have won, but blew it in two phases of the game. They shouldn't feel good about the game, they lost because they performed poorly. Their pride should be waning--not shining.
  2. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Colts as a TEAM did pretty good to stay in the game after Manning throws 6 INTs. You are right if someone tells you that you WOULD think SD should have won going away and no way should a SD win come on a MISSED FG by the Colts given the way the Colts played.

BUT, you also have to take into account that Rivers is the SD QB and Turner is the SD coach.

I don't think anyone is belittling the Colts for almost pulling out a game they had no right being in considering how Mannining played (meaning 6 INTs).

The problem is two fold....

FIRST.....The Pats have led the league and set records with starter injuries while the COlts for years have been very healthy for a NFL team through those years. Colts fans and the media always berated any Pats fan that pointed out the2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers playing in place of the starters during that time. Now the shoe is on the other foot and suddenly it is a VALID reason????

SECOND....I agree the Colts themselves probably are not claiming a moral victory. Just like the Pats themselves never made an excuse about injuries. The "article" in this thread and the "But..but...but the injuries!...cloak that many of the fans and the media is putting on while defending the Colts' loss is hilarious BECAUSE of the crap they gave when the Pats had all those injuries.
  3. Ootball

Ootball Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"FIRST.....The Pats have led the league and set records with starter injuries while the COlts for years have been very healthy for a NFL team through those years. Colts fans and the media always berated any Pats fan that pointed out the2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers playing in place of the starters during that time. Now the shoe is on the other foot and suddenly it is a VALID reason????"

Just 2 cents here, but that's kind of a myth, especially last year.

The Colts had terrible injury problems in 2006, though they got healthy "just in time," and most guys (the ones who weren't lost for the whole season) made it back for the playoffs.

Beyond that, the media has always (at least what I have read) given BB credit for making due with the injuries he's had to deal with, and doing things like starting Brown at CB. It's not as one-sided as it gets portrayed here.
  4. Patriotic Fervor

Patriotic Fervor Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Special teams are bad? Yes!

An offense that's starting to look lost with a few key injuries? Appears so.

That's 2/3 of your team. That's not really a prescription for repeating as a champ.

Hell, it's not even a prescription for making the playoffs!

But I do commend you for your support for your team, and on that basis think you should be always welcomed here.
  5. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Woot! I just got a call from the Colts front office and they are bringing me in to play against the Chiefs!!! Though they weren't sure if I was going to play LB, WR, O-line or kicker. :eek:

They heard I was a player.:singing:
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What a GREAT job of the Colts to almost win!
    Yay, let's give everyone a Gold Star now.
  7. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

First I wasn't talking about "last year"..I said for years. Look it up the Pats set the record for games lost by injuries for starters during one of thier SB runs and then BROKE the record during another one. SO it isn't a "myth" it is FACT.

Second the Pats played the second half of the AFCC with 3rd and 4th stringers in key positions and many clots fans dismissed that fact and said it was excuse making....hhhmmm now it isn't?

So recheck your facts the Colts only now are experiencing the amount of injuries the Pats WON THE SB with multiple times. Fact...not myth.
  8. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If I told you that SD would have 1 offensive TD, miss an extra point, and that Rivers would have 2 INTs, 2 sacks, and no TDs, how many points would you have given me to take SD -- 10? 14?

It is just one game, but the lessons I take from this are:

1. SD is a weak team and if they make the playoffs, it's only bacause the NFC West is weak top to bottom.
    2. Rivers is a poor QB.
    3. Indy's special teams stink.
    4. Manning, as we knew, has been surrounded by first rounders his whole career -- Harrison, Wayne, James, Clark (by the Rams), Addai, and now Gonzalez, and has trouble making do with just 2 first rounders and more talent that Brady has had most of his career.
  9. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

the nfl's all about self-esteem now
  10. Seacoast Fan

Seacoast Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0

#75 Jersey

I have been reading the indy star sports pages on line for a number of years, now, and this latest column by Kravitz is just more proof of what an idiot he is.

If you go to the previous column by him , its still up on the Indy Star's sprots page on line, he werote a column aobut how fortunate the Colts were to get Manning instead of Leaf, and he wrote this:

"Can you imagine if the Colts had taken Leaf instead? There might not be an NFL franchise in Indianapolis right now. The Colts would have continued to be a lousy team, the fan base would have diminished, and with Los Angeles wooing established franchises, Indy would have been a perfect fit out West."

Think about that...what kind of lousy fan base and franchise are you talking about if your team would leave town becasue it stinks for a few years due to a lousy draft pick?
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Any more moral victories and that vortex will be their season spinning down the drain. Here's a thought...if Dungy didn't try to get fancy on 4th down and draw the Chargers offsides (for which the Colts were rightfully penalized) and just kicked the FG, it's 5 yards closer and AV's kick is probably good...
    Too slick by half as we used to say.....
  12. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Probably the same amount of point you would give me if I told you Manning had 6 picks.

The NFC West is weak, but so is the AFC West. ;)

Rivers is hit or miss.

Manning only had Harrison to throw to for years. The Colts have had their fari share of EG Greens while looking for Wayne.
  13. Ootball

Ootball Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

"Manning, as we knew, has been surrounded by first rounders his whole career -- Harrison, Wayne, James, Clark (by the Rams), Addai, and now Gonzalez, and has trouble making do with just 2 first rounders and more talent that Brady has had most of his career."

Too much is being made of 1 or 2 games. First, he really didn't do all that bad in the Pats game, and would have had better #'s (like, 300 yards & 3 TD's), without 3 pretty perfect passes that got dropped.

As for last night, it was as bad as Manning has been, but it was also close to as good as he's been. Didn't 5 of the INT's come in the 1st half, with the 6th being a meaningless one at the end? Seriously - that's a lot for a QB to overcome, and have confidence to pass the way he did in the 2nd half, which was actually pretty good.

I understand that the Brady/Manning thing is what is inspiring a lot of the criticism, but I don't think there is much reason to be insecure about that: Brady likely will get his 4th ring this year. Even if Peyton manages 1 more, Brady will still go down a little higher in history, maybe even as the best ever. Peyton won't be too far behind, but he'll probably be behind....
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  14. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,659 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

In the Patriots game, decent officiating would have limited Manning to fewer points than he managed to put up on the board and his numbers would have been even worse.
  15. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

Would you rather he only show up to boast after a win?
  16. PatsFWB

PatsFWB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rivers' two interceptions and fumble in his own endzone contributed to the Colts comeback. Did Manning force that fumble or make those two interceptions? No he outdid Rivers with six interceptions of his own. Enough of this Manning's heroic comeback.
  17. Ootball

Ootball Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

C'mon. Did you watch the game? He played an excellent 2nd half of football.

Still one of his worst games, but you can't dismiss his 2nd half play like that.
  18. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +751 / 6 / -11

#75 Jersey

So many LOLers on the way to the Moral Bowl. I pick this one.
  19. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +751 / 6 / -11

#75 Jersey

You are a good poster, but if you even lean towards the moral victory narcotic, your team will be back to the loser it used to be.

San Diego is horrible. They are whining losers who have squandered their talent and their offense has the power of a pop gun. They tried to hand you the game despite a horrible performance by your QB and RB and your team blew it because they spent a lot of dough on a has been kicker.

Deal with it.

You realize you are posting on the board of a team who has won two Super Bowls with worse injury problems than your team has now. It's called depth.

The quicker you acknowledge these facts, the quicker the healing can begin.
  20. PatsFWB

PatsFWB Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I watched the game. I wonder if you did. The colts didn't score in the third quarter and only one touchdown in the fourth quarter had anything to do with peyton. The other TD was the Rivers fumble. If one TD in a half after
    six interceptions in the game is your definition of an excelent half of football
    by Peyton, I wish him many more excelent halfs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.