PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is still the #1 QB in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please inform me how Wilson and JG are even comparable players. I simply cannot wait.

One is a Superbowl winning quarterback with a brutal historic beatdown win against Peyton Manning's talent stacked offense, and one holds a clipboard.

RIGHT NOW.

Evidently you don't think there is a possibility of TFB ever getting hurt or getting older.

RIGHT NOW.

Evidently you don't think there is a possibility of TFB ever getting hurt or getting older.

Yes, Tom Brady could get hurt, which is why we have a back up quarterback. That's what back up quarterbacks are for. Where do you get comparing Jimmy Garoppolo to Russell Wilson out of this?

Sorry, but your argument is as much a mess here is as it was in the other thread.

Please understand the difference between insurance and intention. I have insurance for my car without planning to crash it into a tree.

Sorry, but your argument is as much a mess here is as it was in the other thread.

Please understand the difference between insurance and intention. I have insurance for my car without planning to crash it into a tree.

Anyone who has watched BB for the past 15 years knows he never locks into "intention" for a long-term.

.....and Jimmy G, at this point, is insurance for Tom Brady getting hurt or declining in performance as he gets older.

At this moment, he is the ONLY insurance for that, which says a lot of what BB and McDaniels thinks of him.

There may be ANOTHER backup QB here next summer and the Pats could trade Garropolo also.

Your certainty over matters of NOW continuing into the future is silly and immature.

I'm done teaching you these basic things. You're on your own in the world at this point. Good luck. (pardon the pun).

c492ff618a220292302d98afb7df60c9.png

7428ae82fcf1767ca19d76eab26a829c.png

7bf58daa438fb03f4965f6af242a7b0a.png

Last edited:
Anyone who has watched BB for the past 15 years knows he never locks into "intention" for a long-term.

.....and Jimmy G, at this point, is insurance for Tom Brady getting hurt or declining in performance as he gets older.

At this moment, he is the ONLY insurance for that, which says a lot of what BB and McDaniels thinks of him.

There may be ANOTHER backup QB here next summer and the Pats could trade Garropolo also.

Your certainty over matters of NOW continuing into the future is silly and immature.

I'm done teaching you these basic things. You're on your own in the world at this point. Good luck. (pardon the pun).

Insurance against a starting quarterback getting injured is what back up quarterbacks are for.
I don't see what this has to do with any speculation about the possibility that anyone believes the Patriots are even considering moving on from Tom Brady.

He was like a great conductor of a great symphony on that last drive in the Ravens game - and Gillette was his great symphony hall. It was a thing of beauty and I'm not sure anyone but Patriot fans really appreciates it fully.

He was like a great conductor of a great symphony on that last drive in the Ravens game - and Gillette was his great symphony hall. It was a thing of beauty and I'm not sure anyone but Patriot fans really appreciates it fully.

They do. There's just a vocal minority.

I am a big Brady fan and believe he's the GOAT but imo Rodgers has been the best QB in the league the past couple of seasons.
Rodgers better play great for the considerable future if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Brady.

Rodgers better play great for the considerable future if he wants to be mentioned in the same breath as Tom Brady.

What Rodgers did yesterday on one leg was incredible. 24-35 3 TDs 0 INT.

The QB position is easily the most important on a team. No good QB, no win.

All 4 of the survivors have no questions at the QB position (except maybe GB due to Rodgers' leg and how it responds this week after doing to it what he did yesterday).

Personally, I see a NE-Sea SB, but I want a NE-GB SB.

You still don't understand the difference between renegotiating a 24 million dollar, 3 year guarantee, with a 37 year old quarterback, and "preparing to move on to JG to save cap space."

I never wrote that if it had to happen it would be "to save cap space".

You were full of crap in that thread and you are full of crap putting out that same strawman argument again.

Posters were saying that the renegotiate puts more flexibility sometime IN THE FUTURE years out if things head south. No one was saying "he is gone".

You are making up some sort of argument against posters who don't exist.

Actually Bedard was saying there's almost 50% chance Brady will be gone after next season and a number of people were agreeing with that, and some, most notably James..... Were saying that Brady is on the decline, which he clearly is not.

My take on the matter has been the same for years, I will wait until we actually see Brady declining before looking to his replacement. People have been making the very simpleminded " Brady is (insert age here) so he's almost done "argument since 2008, and it is as invalid now as it was then. Given the way he takes care of himself and the way the NFL has protected QBs during his career the age argument does not apply, but real physical signs of his decline would. We will know when we see it, just as we did with Manning. Brady's game is still smarts and accuracy, so as long as he maintains arm strength and velocity he can still be great, just as he was Saturday. I don't know how anyone could watch him take apart the Ravens Saturday and agree with Bedard's take?

Belichick was smart to grab a good prospect but that's all Garrapolo is, a prospect. He may get a chance to play for NE someday, or he may end up moving on, as all his predecessors did, we'll see?

This is an all time great Divisional Round for New England. In prime time Tom Brady & Peyton Manning showed the world who the best quarterback of their generation, and 14 years of Patriot fans making that case -not to mention Tom himself- were validated.

Depends what you mean by right now. When healthy I think Rodgers is currently #1 followed closely by Brady who is #2 (in his prime give me Brady every day though).

Currently in the playoffs right now I think he is the best QB left due to Rodgers injury. I think Luck/Wilson/Rodgers are still all good but I consider the Pats to currently have an edge there.

The only thing that matters is this:

SOMEONE SHUT DOWN THE GREATEST THREAD OF ALL TIME?????

WTFFF?

IT'S JUST SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS

OPEN THAT BABY BACK UP, IT'S A GOLDMINE

The only thing that matters is this:

SOMEONE SHUT DOWN THE GREATEST THREAD OF ALL TIME?????

WTFFF?

IT'S JUST SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS

OPEN THAT BABY BACK UP, IT'S A GOLDMINE

Which thread are you talking about? I'd love to help you out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes