PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft's Comments on Patriots Playoff Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, PatsFanSince74. I may be wrong but thats kinda what I've been seeing. I do think Kraft has defended BB somewhat but IMO his hands have been tied.

Unfortunately, the NYJ taping issue was legit. We can agree it was complete BS in it's harshness but the fact is that BB did not comply with the memo and Goody was a complete a-hole. The problem is that essentially, Kraft is Goody's boss. With that said, Bob went on TV before the Chargers game and apologized.

IMO the whole Matt Walsh issue is a bit of a different animal. At the league meetings in 08, Kraft and BB apologized for the distraction, but since he was not under any non-disclosure agreements, openly asked why Walsh has not come forward with the tapes. Thats a fairly public stance but certainly not worth a Lebron James/South Beach-type news conference.

So at the end of the day, I just think Bob doesn't want to be perceived as being a blind defender of BB but simply his boss and the custodian of the New England Patriots brand- winning, teamwork, tough play, bla, bla.

Every day he hopes the whole thing just goes away but it won't. The haters won't let it go.

agree 100%. only difference is that it is a fact that the krafts let this grow bigger than it had to grow. was that for reasons of incompetence or rage? someday we'll know why when the memoirs are written. if it was because they were furious at Belichick, then it was a classic case of biting one's nose to spite one's face.

I'm in Vegas for what I expected (when i planned the trip) to be a great weekend to be a Pats fan. Now I am taking a beating every time a Steeler fan see's my Pats hat (and there are thousands of Steeler fans out here for the game). In their minds the Pats have choked the last 3 playoff games and don't deserve to be respected or feared. I can't say I disagree with the second part. Go Pack go

Last edited:
I'm in Vegas for what I expected (when i planned the trip) to be a great weekend to be a Pats fan. Now I am taking a beating every time a Steeler fan see's my Pats hat (and there are thousands of Steeler fans out here for the game). In their minds the Pats have choked the last 3 playoff games and don't deserve to be respected or feared. I can't say I disagree with the second part. Go Pack go
I don't see the Ravens game as a choke.

But they're fool of crap, these fans.

I was in Pittsburgh for the Jets-Steelers game and Steelers fans were saying repeatedly that they were very grateful that the Jets beat the Pats. I wasn't wearing a Pats hat at the game and was just shooting the crap with people without them knowing that I'm a Pats fan. Those fans KNOW the deal...the Pats would have been a much tougher out for them than the freaking Jets.

If he really wants to win then he can grow a set and start fighting back against the Omissioner and the NFL's constant trashing of the Pats reputation.

Why don't you start by showing that you give a **** Bob?!

You guys are paranoid, who cares about that just field a tougher team, open your wallet and pay for tougher trench guys before you open your mouth if anything for Kraft.

You guys are paranoid, who cares about that just field a tougher team, open your wallet and pay for tougher trench guys before you open your mouth if anything for Kraft.

Bullseye and start with Mankins who plays with a mean streak. I'm hearing people,the media and opposing teams dislike Kevin Garnett because he plays with a mean streak thats what the Patriots were missing this year and they need to add more talented and angry players on the field. They need a pass rushing linebacker and another defense lineman that can get pressure. Sign your your best OL and add some more talented players out of FA to your team.

The beauty of spending to the cap is that nobody can complain about your closed wallet. This is what Kraft does -- every year.

I read Kraft's comments as pretty straightforward, and he did assign responsibility on a couple of key moments. He wants to see that different/fixed. He wants to see the disciplined Brady, not the lazy Brady. He wants to see Slater be the special teams ace he was evidently hired to be. He's not happy with execution, but, significantly, did think the game plan was sound.

So for a BB, it's a mixed bag: You and your guys did great in the lab, but could you have had a further impact on this on-the-field breakdown? My guess is the finger doesn't really point to BB at all in these comments. Brady gets an unmitigated public demerit, but it's not one nobody knew. But there are quite a few left before we say, "ho hum, it's just a quarterback... we can get another of those." I don't think this presages the beginning of the Hoyer Era.

I guess we miss the Kremlin-watching prior to glasnost, or the interpretation of Alan Greenspan's Fed pronouncements. We're reading tea leaves... when what you're seeing is a guy that really wants to win, just being a little looser about the frustration.

I thank God he's not Dan Snyder, opening up the wallet for washouts who know damn well the paycheck is the day before their first game as a Redskin, and paying the non-fantasy stars the leftovers.

Dudes, I am disappointed too. After coming out of nowhere to amass a 14-2 record, they play somewhere around the level we thought they were -- a good team but not a super bowl team. A 14-2 rebuilding year? Yeah that's okay. Woulda been better to have a Super Bowl rebuilding year. I think that's where Kraft is with this too.

Kraft, like you and I, wants a few more rings before the Brady ride is over -- and then he's going to want some more (naturally.) But he's smart enough to know the odds of that in any given year. The perfect is the enemy of the good, as Voltaire observed. I think if anybody should recognize that, after 2007, it's us. I think Kraft does.

Might a little more openness light a fire or two? Maybe he's thinking it will. Maybe he just didn't have his sphincter quite as tightened up for that interview. But it makes no sense to see policy predicted in this interview.

I just lost a lot of respect for Mr. Kraft. Sorry, but an owner has NO right to criticize the players. That's easy to do when you're not pouring your blood sweat and tears into the game. Kraft's done well by giving us GOAT head coach and QB, now he needs to shut up and watch. This pisses me off a little.

I originally posted this on the other site but it fits here too:

Goodell came down like a ton of bricks on the Pats for Spygate. The most severe penalty that any team had ever received from the league was the loss of a 3rd round pick, but Goodell took a 1st round pick from the Pats. He alone looked at the evidence, handed down his punishment, and then destroyed the evidence that he used to make his decision. Imagine something similar in a court of law where a defendant is sentenced by the judge, the judge is the only entity to view the evidence, and then the evidence is destroyed. (yeah I know the Dolphins were stripped of a 1st for tampering with Don Shula, but the Dolphins actually succeeded in hiring Shula, it wasn't just an attempt, so you could consider that as compensation to the Colts; besides no one got the Pats pick, it just went away.)

Show me how the Omissioner has dealt with other teams, and in particular the Rats, in the same manner as he did with the Pats, and I'll concede your case. I think you'll have a hard time doing that.

Now lets look at some other incidents handled differently by the Omissioner:

NFL: Dolphins did no wrong vs. Patriots - NFL - ESPN

‘Without convening a congressional hearing or hiring an independent counsel to investigate the incident, the NFL has ruled that the Miami Dolphins violated no league rules in the Tapegate affair associated with the team's 21-0 victory over the New England Patriots last Sunday.
The incident spawned considerable attention on Tuesday after some Dolphins players suggested to the Palm Beach (Fla.) Post that the team "purchased" tapes of the New England offense that provided audio of quarterback Tom Brady making audible and line-blocking calls.

Those players strongly hinted that the tapes were critical in preparing for the game and provided the Dolphins inside information about New England's offensive audible system.
"I've never seen [Brady] so flustered," middle linebacker Zach Thomas said.
The league's response? Pretty much a stifled yawn, since there is no rule prohibiting such film study.
"Reaction around the league office was, 'That's football,' " AFC spokesman Steve Alic said.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick, speaking Wednesday at his news conference, doubted that Miami gained an advantage.
"I stand out on that field every day, as do our defensive players -- who are pretty smart players -- and I don't see it," Belichick said. "If I can't pick it up and our players can't pick it up, with what we know and the opportunity to see and work against each other, I have a hard time thinking somebody else [could]."’

So when the Dolphins stole Patriots signals it was no big deal, and not even a violation of league rules. Even BB took the high ground and made no excuses. So if there is no rule against stealing signals why was there such a heavy handed response to the Pats having a video camera in an unauthorized location?
Again, there is no rule against stealing signals in the NFL. From Goodell’s press conference after interviewing Matt Walsh:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true
“Again, according to NFL policy, it is permissible to scout people's coaching signals, and as you know, clubs go to great lengths to protect those. They change them frequently and they change them during the game. So I think that teams are sophisticated enough to know that that's a possibility and they go to great lengths to address them.”

We had an incident this year where the Broncos taped the 49ers walkthrough in London and were fined a total of $100,000 for two incidents.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...violation.html

In this article, NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash had remarks suggesting that there was no harm to the 49ers.

“Pash said there's no compensation for 49ers because there was no injury and it had no effect on the game.
He also noted that with the New England Patriots, it was a case of years of taping versus this one incident.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Of course after talking to Matt Walsh Goodell said this.

“We were also able to verify that there was no Rams walk-through tape; no one asked him to tape the walk-through; he's not aware of anybody else who may have taped the walk-through. He had not seen such a tape. He does not know of anybody who says there is a tape. He was in the building at the time of the walk-through, along with other Patriots video personnel. They were doing their job prior to the game.”

So what the Pats did and the Broncos did were NOT the same. The Pats did NOT tape the Rams’ walkthrough, but this “fact” is continually repeated by the media who, either deliberately or ignorantly, continue publicizing this falsehood.

But the NFL, once again, gave a slap on the wrist to a team for a similar transaction that the Pats were hammered for; and this was AFTER the Pats incident so a precedent had already been set.

Now let's look at what the Rats has been accused of since Goodell became the Omissioner and see what penalties have been levied. This is off the top of my head so it won't be a definitive list.

We recently had "Tripgate". One of the most stark differences in this incident compared to others, was that initially the Rats were allowed to investigate and punish themselves. Has ANY team ever been allowed to do this under Goodell? I wish the Pats had been given this courtesy during Spygate. Coach Westhoff then shot off his mouth claiming that "the Patriots do the same thing". Then when there is finally enough noise from observers, the league decides to investigate the issue.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/12/nfl-fine...-incident.html

‘Both Westhoff and coach Rex Ryan denied any knowledge of the tactic, despite some media and fans speculating that they both must have known about it.
"I wasn't aware that was going on," Ryan said at the time. "It's easy for me to stand here and tell you that."’

So BB says that his interpretation of the rule on taping signals was that he couldn’t use the information received in THAT game and that they didn’t. Even Goodell said there was no evidence that the Pats were using the information in the current games. Yet when Goodell was asked about BB’s response he said that he didn’t believe him, yet this former Rats intern, DID believe Ryan’s and Westhoff’s denial of any knowledge that this was going on all season. Several other NFL authorities such as Brian Billick have said he doesn’t believe that there was any way Ryan and Westhoff did not know, but Goodell deciding who to believe and who not to believe is the basis for the penalties or lack there of.
The Rats then follow up by providing tapes showing the Pats doing the same thing that the Rats were accused of. Besides the tapes showing no clear evidence of any Pats players tripping anyone, and the players in the video being authorized to be there as opposed to Alosi and crew NOT being authorized to be there, the Rats are, once again, reporting an issue to the media rather than to the league; another violation that you will see nothing done about.

Continued in next post:

Next let’s look at the Rats’ own video taping practices.

Jets videotaped Patriots last season in Foxborough - NFL - ESPN

‘“The Jets were caught videotaping at Gillette Stadium last season and the Patriots had that New York employee removed from the area, according to published reports Wednesday. Jets coach Eric Mangini said his team received permission to film behind both end zones during the playoff game in January.
"We taped the game is what we taped, and we taped end-zone copy of the game, and we tape a double-end zone, which is standard operating procedure for us," Mangini said Wednesday. "We request that every single road game, and it's usually granted if physically it's possible. And when people request it from us, we do the same thing: We grant it."
Mangini maintained the Jets did nothing wrong and had filmed at New England during the regular season without incident. It was nothing like what the Patriots did earlier this season, when a New England employee was caught taping New York's defensive signals and punished by the league.
"We do it every time we go on the road," Mangini repeated. "We ask for permission to do it. It's within the league rules, and when people ask us to do it, we grant it, as well."
When asked why the Patriots stopped the Jets if they had already given them permission, Mangini just shrugged.
"I don't know," he said. "Really, it just was what it was. We had asked for permission, it was granted and then that changed, and we respect their decision. It's their stadium."
Mangini was also asked if the Jets were, at all, taping the Patriots' defensive signals.
"No," Mangini said.
He was then asked if the Patriots requested similar permission to have someone taping at various angles or end-zone angles. Again, Mangini replied simply: "No."
The Jets have not asked the undefeated Patriots if they can film from the end zones this Sunday at Foxborough.
"Just didn't look to get permission," Mangini said. "Didn't think it would be granted."
New England coach Bill Belichick refused to address the situation during his news conference with Patriots reporters.
"There's a lot of things that have happened in the past," Belichick said. "Really, the past is in the past."
Patriots players were also staying away from the issue, much as they did when Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith guaranteed a victory over New England last week.
"It just doesn't matter. Who cares?" safety Rodney Harrison said. "It has no impact whatsoever, just like when Smith made his comments. It has no impact. The game isn't won or lost through the media Monday through Saturday. It's won or lost on Sunday, 1 o'clock. It's whoever makes more plays."’

So the Pats once again take the high road, say that it doesn’t affect the game on the field, and don’t go running to the league complaining. BB DOES however, dispute Mangini’s claim that he had permission.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...s_never_a.html
‘Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Friday the Jets never requested permission to use an extra video camera in last season's playoff game in Foxborough, directly contradicting Eric Mangini's explanation of the events.
"I was never asked for permission nor was anyone in our video department asked for permission for a second end-zone camera," Belichick told NBCSports.com.
Evidently, someone isn't telling the truth.
Mangini, responding to published reports Wednesday that said a Jets cameraman was stopped from taping, said the team received approval from the Patriots to shoot from both end zones.
The Patriots never filed a complaint with the NFL about last January's incident, and the league isn't investigating the matter. Spokesman Greg Aiello said this week there are "no restrictions on shooting from both end-zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams." ‘

A couple more recent Rat issues: The Rats were reported for running an illegal training camp in the off-season. It wouldn’t be surprising if very few people know about this as the media has given this little coverage. Maybe Goodell is hoping that he can issue his ruling that no violation was committed on a weekend when no one is paying attention; as it appears very few people are.

New York Jets 2010 Schedule

“Earlier on Sunday, another report said that the NFL is also investigating the Jets for a possible violation of the league’s offseason training rules after an unidentified team told the league about Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s presence at an 8-player “Jets West Camp” organized by QB Mark Sanchez in July. The two coaches, who were in Anaheim for the MLB All-Star Game, showed up at Sanchez’s former Mission Viejo High School to observe a couple of skill-position workouts, which is a violation of guidelines for organized team activities.”

Does everyone remember the most recent charges against the Rats for tampering? I know they have been charged numerous times, and always acquitted, so we’ll just deal with the most recent one:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...crabtree-deal/

“As the storm of dust continues to settle regarding the decision of Michael Crabtree to show up unannounced in San Fran to work out a new deal, a source with knowledge of the situation believes that the wideout’s holdout ended suddenly not because Crabtree was ready to play football but because of the pending tampering case that the 49ers have filed against the Jets.
The source firmly believes that the investigation was beginning to uncover evidence that the Jets had indeed tampered with Crabtree through his agent, Eugene Parker. Indeed, it was Parker and G.M. Mike Tannenbaum who once worked together on an offer sheet that the Patriots would not be able to match when the Jets lured running back Curtis Martin from New England to New York. Per the source, Parker and Tannenbaum continue to have a close and productive working relationship
Moreover, 49ers owner Jed York recently told KNBR in San Francisco (via ESPN.com) that “it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to [Crabtree],” which in and of itself would be proof of tampering.
The thinking is that, as Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) began to feel the heat increasing, Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) urged Parker to get a deal done.
Though we’ve been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go.
The argument, the source believes, will be that it’s in the best interests of the league for the tampering allegation to go away, since a finding of such dirty deeds accomplished relatively inexpensively hurts the image of the entire league. The fact that this is all happening only a few weeks after the Jets were busted for cheating on the injury report makes an exoneration of the Jets this time around even more important.”

Naturally, the Rats announcing a sweetheart deal that they had acquired Braylon Edwards from Cleveland on the same day that the NFL cleared them of tampering with Michael Crabtree, was merely coincidental.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rges-vs-jets/1

“The Jets' acquisition of Braylon Edwards and the 49ers' signing of holdout Michael Crabtree has not put an end to San Francisco's charges that the Jets' tampered with Crabtree.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-edwards-deals
‘ Mike Moses asks via Facebook whether the Jets' acquisition of receiver Braylon Edwards might be linked from a timing standpoint to Michael Crabtree's new deal with the 49ers.

Mike Sando: The 49ers did accuse the Jets of tampering with Crabtree during the negotiations, but the timing of these transactions is probably a coincidence. NFL rules would prohibit the 49ers from trading Crabtree's rights before March. The Jets acquired Edwards with the 2009 season in mind.

Also, it's pretty clear those tampering charges would have made it impossible for the Jets to show any sort of interest in Crabtree now or in the future. For that reason, the Jets would not have been waiting to see what happened with Crabtree before deciding to pursue a deal with Edwards.’

So the Pats getting their resources and reputation hammered seems to hinge on who the Omissioner wants to believe, and he has consistently believed the Rats, but there sure seems to consistently be a lot more smoke around the Rats than the Pats. IMO it was also NO coincidence that it was the Rats who turned in the Pats for taping; they certainly weren’t having much luck competing against them otherwise.

Paranoid? Hardly.

Last edited:
Well, the game plan is kinda BB's responsibility, and it's become a pattern of losing when we most need to win.

have to admit... in saying that about the game plan.

Brady doesn't throw that INT (craft put it best... lazy)

Alge catches that ball and we r 10 points up with the jets right where we want them... chasing.

i think as much as we are dissapointed and are finding peopl to blame. **** just went wrong and we didn't execute. We had our chances and we muffed them... believe me it's a bitter pill to swallow but i am at peace now with the fact that we lost that game... the jets didn't out play us we just layed an egg. sucks but it is what it is

have to admit... in saying that about the game plan.

Brady doesn't throw that INT (craft put it best... lazy)

Alge catches that ball and we r 10 points up with the jets right where we want them... chasing.

i think as much as we are dissapointed and are finding peopl to blame. **** just went wrong and we didn't execute. We had our chances and we muffed them... believe me it's a bitter pill to swallow but i am at peace now with the fact that we lost that game... the jets didn't out play us we just layed an egg. sucks but it is what it is

BS

Jets out coached us with a game plan that neutered our offense.

Where was our game plan that exploited THEIR shortcomings? MIA!

Agreed that we also executed poorly. Time after time. Bad play calling, worse execution. The big play guys failed to step up.

An Epic Fail.

Worse than SB42 because the opponent was so much worse in each and every way.

Next let’s look at the Rats’ own video taping practices.

Jets videotaped Patriots last season in Foxborough - NFL - ESPN

‘“The Jets were caught videotaping at Gillette Stadium last season and the Patriots had that New York employee removed from the area, according to published reports Wednesday. Jets coach Eric Mangini said his team received permission to film behind both end zones during the playoff game in January.
"We taped the game is what we taped, and we taped end-zone copy of the game, and we tape a double-end zone, which is standard operating procedure for us," Mangini said Wednesday. "We request that every single road game, and it's usually granted if physically it's possible. And when people request it from us, we do the same thing: We grant it."
Mangini maintained the Jets did nothing wrong and had filmed at New England during the regular season without incident. It was nothing like what the Patriots did earlier this season, when a New England employee was caught taping New York's defensive signals and punished by the league.
"We do it every time we go on the road," Mangini repeated. "We ask for permission to do it. It's within the league rules, and when people ask us to do it, we grant it, as well."
When asked why the Patriots stopped the Jets if they had already given them permission, Mangini just shrugged.
"I don't know," he said. "Really, it just was what it was. We had asked for permission, it was granted and then that changed, and we respect their decision. It's their stadium."
Mangini was also asked if the Jets were, at all, taping the Patriots' defensive signals.
"No," Mangini said.
He was then asked if the Patriots requested similar permission to have someone taping at various angles or end-zone angles. Again, Mangini replied simply: "No."
The Jets have not asked the undefeated Patriots if they can film from the end zones this Sunday at Foxborough.
"Just didn't look to get permission," Mangini said. "Didn't think it would be granted."
New England coach Bill Belichick refused to address the situation during his news conference with Patriots reporters.
"There's a lot of things that have happened in the past," Belichick said. "Really, the past is in the past."
Patriots players were also staying away from the issue, much as they did when Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith guaranteed a victory over New England last week.
"It just doesn't matter. Who cares?" safety Rodney Harrison said. "It has no impact whatsoever, just like when Smith made his comments. It has no impact. The game isn't won or lost through the media Monday through Saturday. It's won or lost on Sunday, 1 o'clock. It's whoever makes more plays."’

So the Pats once again take the high road, say that it doesn’t affect the game on the field, and don’t go running to the league complaining. BB DOES however, dispute Mangini’s claim that he had permission.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...s_never_a.html
‘Patriots coach Bill Belichick said Friday the Jets never requested permission to use an extra video camera in last season's playoff game in Foxborough, directly contradicting Eric Mangini's explanation of the events.
"I was never asked for permission nor was anyone in our video department asked for permission for a second end-zone camera," Belichick told NBCSports.com.
Evidently, someone isn't telling the truth.
Mangini, responding to published reports Wednesday that said a Jets cameraman was stopped from taping, said the team received approval from the Patriots to shoot from both end zones.
The Patriots never filed a complaint with the NFL about last January's incident, and the league isn't investigating the matter. Spokesman Greg Aiello said this week there are "no restrictions on shooting from both end-zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams." ‘

A couple more recent Rat issues: The Rats were reported for running an illegal training camp in the off-season. It wouldn’t be surprising if very few people know about this as the media has given this little coverage. Maybe Goodell is hoping that he can issue his ruling that no violation was committed on a weekend when no one is paying attention; as it appears very few people are.

New York Jets 2010 Schedule

“Earlier on Sunday, another report said that the NFL is also investigating the Jets for a possible violation of the league’s offseason training rules after an unidentified team told the league about Ryan and offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer’s presence at an 8-player “Jets West Camp” organized by QB Mark Sanchez in July. The two coaches, who were in Anaheim for the MLB All-Star Game, showed up at Sanchez’s former Mission Viejo High School to observe a couple of skill-position workouts, which is a violation of guidelines for organized team activities.”

Does everyone remember the most recent charges against the Rats for tampering? I know they have been charged numerous times, and always acquitted, so we’ll just deal with the most recent one:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...crabtree-deal/

“As the storm of dust continues to settle regarding the decision of Michael Crabtree to show up unannounced in San Fran to work out a new deal, a source with knowledge of the situation believes that the wideout’s holdout ended suddenly not because Crabtree was ready to play football but because of the pending tampering case that the 49ers have filed against the Jets.
The source firmly believes that the investigation was beginning to uncover evidence that the Jets had indeed tampered with Crabtree through his agent, Eugene Parker. Indeed, it was Parker and G.M. Mike Tannenbaum who once worked together on an offer sheet that the Patriots would not be able to match when the Jets lured running back Curtis Martin from New England to New York. Per the source, Parker and Tannenbaum continue to have a close and productive working relationship
Moreover, 49ers owner Jed York recently told KNBR in San Francisco (via ESPN.com) that “it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to [Crabtree],” which in and of itself would be proof of tampering.
The thinking is that, as Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) began to feel the heat increasing, Tannenbaum (and possibly Deion Sanders) urged Parker to get a deal done.
Though we’ve been told repeatedly that the 49ers still intend to press the matter (after all, the league made an example out of the Niners for talking to agent Drew Rosenhaus about a long-term contract for linebacker Lance Briggs at a time when the Bears were talking to the Niners about a trade for Briggs), the source predicts that the league office will now nudge the 49ers to let it go.
The argument, the source believes, will be that it’s in the best interests of the league for the tampering allegation to go away, since a finding of such dirty deeds accomplished relatively inexpensively hurts the image of the entire league. The fact that this is all happening only a few weeks after the Jets were busted for cheating on the injury report makes an exoneration of the Jets this time around even more important.”

Naturally, the Rats announcing a sweetheart deal that they had acquired Braylon Edwards from Cleveland on the same day that the NFL cleared them of tampering with Michael Crabtree, was merely coincidental.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...rges-vs-jets/1

“The Jets' acquisition of Braylon Edwards and the 49ers' signing of holdout Michael Crabtree has not put an end to San Francisco's charges that the Jets' tampered with Crabtree.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...-edwards-deals
‘ Mike Moses asks via Facebook whether the Jets' acquisition of receiver Braylon Edwards might be linked from a timing standpoint to Michael Crabtree's new deal with the 49ers.

Mike Sando: The 49ers did accuse the Jets of tampering with Crabtree during the negotiations, but the timing of these transactions is probably a coincidence. NFL rules would prohibit the 49ers from trading Crabtree's rights before March. The Jets acquired Edwards with the 2009 season in mind.

Also, it's pretty clear those tampering charges would have made it impossible for the Jets to show any sort of interest in Crabtree now or in the future. For that reason, the Jets would not have been waiting to see what happened with Crabtree before deciding to pursue a deal with Edwards.’

So the Pats getting their resources and reputation hammered seems to hinge on who the Omissioner wants to believe, and he has consistently believed the Rats, but there sure seems to consistently be a lot more smoke around the Rats than the Pats. IMO it was also NO coincidence that it was the Rats who turned in the Pats for taping; they certainly weren’t having much luck competing against them otherwise.

Paranoid? Hardly.

I will admit I didn't read (will after the SB blows over) but why did we tape? We shouldn't have got caught as no one else did. Regardless we need to be playing on this stage today and all that Godell nonsense can go somewhere. Kraft needs to help this team not defend them from Godell.

BS

Jets out coached us with a game plan that neutered our offense.

Where was our game plan that exploited THEIR shortcomings? MIA!

Agreed that we also executed poorly. Time after time. Bad play calling, worse execution. The big play guys failed to step up.

An Epic Fail.

Worse than SB42 because the opponent was so much worse in each and every way.

Both games should have been won man, I can't believe this is happening, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Both games should have been won man, I can't believe this is happening, I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

Hard to say we "should have won" when we were soundly thrashed at the line of scrimmage in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back