PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knee swelling, soreness force Burress to miss practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I don't see why there needs to be an injury report at all.

Teams know they're facing 53 players on the other team, only 45 of which can actually play in the game.

So unless you prepare for everyone on the team, how can you be sure you won't overlook something?

It's so Goodell can get some bets on the game.

Exactly what is the point of detailing the exact injury a player has? So the G-Men D-linemen know where to hit Brady after each throw?

I can understand listing a player's status as probable/doubtful/out etc; the whole Vick injury situation vs the Pats a couple of years ago put the spotlight on teams manipulating that list. But listing each injury? I don't get it.

That being said, I'm sure our friendly Competition Committee members will have some new rules for these injury report by next season. I'd expect Brady to be listed with injuries to ankles, knees, shoulders, and a hangnail if this type of detail is forced upon the Pats..

I've always felt that BB's constant listing of Tom on the injury report was in part needling the league to show how stupid injury reports are, not to try to trick anyone. I've assumed this was pretty common knowledge, so for the Giants to try and huff about it would be pretty ironic. I doubt you'd hold a guy out of part of practice just to prove a point.

If a guy misses practice time, the league requires that he appears on the injury report. It is "needling" but it is solely because they are just following the league rules and disclosing the fact that they give Brady time off to rest his shoulder.

I find it hillarious that the same people that accuse NE of screwing with the injury report are too stupid to just research it and find out that NE is just following the rules.

I've always felt that BB's constant listing of Tom on the injury report was in part needling the league to show how stupid injury reports are, not to try to trick anyone. I've assumed this was pretty common knowledge, so for the Giants to try and huff about it would be pretty ironic. I doubt you'd hold a guy out of part of practice just to prove a point.

Especially the week of the Super Bowl..

If a guy misses practice time, the league requires that he appears on the injury report. It is "needling" but it is solely because they are just following the league rules and disclosing the fact that they give Brady time off to rest his shoulder.

I find it hillarious that the same people that accuse NE of screwing with the injury report are too stupid to just research it and find out that NE is just following the rules.

I know the rule, that's why I made my last point about the Giants. They wouldn't hold a perfectly healthy player out of practice to get him listed on the injury report just to screw with the Patriots' heads. At least I hope they wouldn't be so stupid.

I know the rule, that's why I made my last point about the Giants. They wouldn't hold a perfectly healthy player out of practice to get him listed on the injury report just to screw with the Patriots' heads. At least I hope they wouldn't be so stupid.

BTW, I just reread my post and it sounds as if I was calling you stupid, which I was not. Sorry about the confusion if there was any.

So why is the reporter assuming that there's a problem with Brady's ankle when he has fully participated in practice, doesn't limp at all and didn't even have the ankle taped at the last practice?

What does he know that we don't know? What sources have revealed that the injury from over a week ago is still bothering TB? Enquiring minds want to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back