PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keys to the SuperBowl 41.5 - A Colt Fan perspective!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BishBash, in addition to the quote you have about SPYGATE at the end of your e-mails, why don't you add a quote by one of the thousands of sportswriters who say that the Patriots will forever be tainted..even if they went all the way this year....spygate will always follow your team.

Why? Because of your arrogant coach's (bill stealichick) total self-absorption, disregard for the game and for YOU, a fan who has the right to not to have your coach, screw it up for you. Mr. Kraft is a first class owner with a no class coach...who cheats.

1) "Thousands of sportswriters"???? As long as you are freaking out, you might as well go for Billions (it is a bigger number)

2) You think you understand Belichick's motivations and value-system?

3) You think you understand what I (or any Pats fan) think of Belichick?

Why write this stuff? When the reasonable fans of the opposing team post to this board and wonder why they get flamed for no apparent reason, that should be a subject you can post intelligently about.

Yes #4 could happen, but I would be extreamly dispointed if that happens. Let the Zebras please not spoil this truly great game !

It would be circumstantial if it comes down to that. Every official is put in very bad situations at times, and mistakes do happen. I think that replay works though, and we don't see nearly as many games turning on bad calls as we used to see.

I doubt that it will be a problem.

What kind of "keys" are these? You've boiled it all done to Turnovers, Luck and/or Intangibles. Allow me to paraphrase: Intangibles, intangibles and/or intangibles. There is no meat to this analysis at all. Which makes this nothing but spin. OK, here's some meat: subconsciously, you fear this juggernaut will blow into Indy on Sunday and turn the Colts into horsemeat.

Come back when you have something more concrete to say.

wow another *******, I guess you all don't know how to talk football at all, I can understand if the guy came here talking smack but he didn't and you ask like a total ass, good job.

Hey, how about someone going through and calculating 3rd-down to 1st-down ratio? i.e., get a sense of how often each offense has to go to a 3rd down to pick up a new 1st, or how often a defense can get to a 3rd down. These numbers are meaningless without a sense of how frequently a 3rd down stop comes into play.

each box score has # of first downs and stats on 3rd down conversions, so getting a stat for "% of Down sets that go to a 3rd Down" probably wouldn't be that hard.

I didn't go through each box score (used averages time num of games) so don't kill me if my math is wrong:

% of time when 1st down achieved with 3rd/4th down conversion
=================================================
Pats offense = 46%
Colts offense = 55%
Pats defense = 72%
Colts defense = 84%

Again, I did this quickly so my math may be screwy...but this does kinda reflect what I would expect. Pats are a little more efficient at getting 1st downs on 1st/2nd down (Colts are a little more efficient at converting on 3rd down). Colts more efficient at getting opponents into 3rd/4th down (Pats more efficient at stopping converting on 3rd down).

This does remind me of something I've observed from the Colts. I've noticed in the games I've seen (not all of them) that they tend to throw on 1st down but only looking to get 7-9 yards. Defenses seem to be unwilling/unable to prevent that. The Colts offense looks most fluid and in control when they have 2nd and short. That may seem obvious, but it sure looks intentional. 8 yard out routes or comeback patterns, step out of bounds. 7 yard squat routes to RB/TE. Not pushing to the 1st down marker and really not looking for YAC on 1st down. Have no statistics to back this up, just my eyes and memory.

wow another *******, I guess you all don't know how to talk football at all, I can understand if the guy came here talking smack but he didn't and you ask like a total ass, good job.
No, he didn't talk smack, but he came in offering keys to the game but really offerend nothing at all. In my mind, this is a subtle form of smack.

I didn't go through each box score (used averages time num of games) so don't kill me if my math is wrong:

% of time when 1st down achieved with 3rd/4th down conversion
=================================================
Pats offense = 46%
Colts offense = 55%
Pats defense = 72%
Colts defense = 84%

Again, I did this quickly so my math may be screwy...but this does kinda reflect what I would expect. Pats are a little more efficient at getting 1st downs on 1st/2nd down (Colts are a little more efficient at converting on 3rd down). Colts more efficient at getting opponents into 3rd/4th down (Pats more efficient at stopping converting on 3rd down).

This does remind me of something I've observed from the Colts. I've noticed in the games I've seen (not all of them) that they tend to throw on 1st down but only looking to get 7-9 yards. Defenses seem to be unwilling/unable to prevent that. The Colts offense looks most fluid and in control when they have 2nd and short. That may seem obvious, but it sure looks intentional. 8 yard out routes or comeback patterns, step out of bounds. 7 yard squat routes to RB/TE. Not pushing to the 1st down marker and really not looking for YAC on 1st down. Have no statistics to back this up, just my eyes and memory.

wow thats some pretty impressive stats by both teams...

No, he didn't talk smack, but he came in offering keys to the game but really offerend nothing at all. In my mind, this is a subtle form of smack.

only in your mind, most of the people in this thread actually decided to talk football, unlike you.

If it was a subtle kind of smack he wouldn't have ignored you now would he?

Redskins defensive stats prior to Pats game came from playing whom? I ask?
Yes, Skins have a good defense, but their offense sux. When they play a great team like Pats or Colts (or even Giants or Boys) they would give a lot of yards and scores.

Go Ahead & keep fooling yourself with those stats. I am not going to. That is your privelage. Read my previous post for why I think those stats are meaningless for this game.
Keep burying your head in the sand since the Washington defense have faced more accomplished quarterbacks in the passing game than the Colts defense has this season:

Donovan McNabb
Eli Manning
John Kitna
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner

When presented with the FACTS, the Colts fans find excuses for the New England Patriots prominence.

Keep burying your head in the sand since the Washington defense have faced more accomplished quarterbacks in the passing game than the Colts defense has this season:

Donovan McNabb
Eli Manning
John Kitna
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner

When presented with the FACTS, the Colts fans find excuses for the New England Patriots prominence.

how many of those QB's did the skins beat?

Donovan McNabb
Eli Manning
John Kitna
Brett Favre
Kurt Warner

To understand my point; go look at the total records of the opposition for both teams. To me all the stats up to this point are misleading and is NOT a predictor of THIS GAME. You want to believe in those stats. Go ahead ; I am not. To me these two teams at this point are EQUAL on paper and we will know on Nov 4th when they play who is better and by how much & Where etc. It is only 4 days of wait now.!

My keys to the game:

1. Blitz vs Coverage - both teams will have to gamble defensively. Giving Brady or Manning too much time in the pocket is dangerous regardless of how many players are dropped into coverage. Both QBs can read blitz and adjust accordingly. It will be interesting to see if both teams try to play bend but don't break approach. If that is the case I envision a back in forth game with each team maintaining sustained drives with only a couple of turnovers in possession per quarter. I could see these teams matching score for score well into the second half. I think Moss gives the Patriots the edge in terms of being able to score quickly, which the Colts will try to nuetralize through time of possession.

I think both teams will have to gamble on the blitz at opportune times to force negative plays/turnovers. The game could very well be decided by which team can come up with one defensive stop in the 2nd half.

No, he didn't talk smack, but he came in offering keys to the game but really offerend nothing at all.

I agree with this. The guy didn't get criticized for talking smack. He got criticized for starting a thread with no substance behind it. So the difference in the game will be turnovers, luck, and intangibles? Wow, some insight. The winner of this game will roll to a SB victory (including going through the loser, as if one close victory is it all predicative of the next)?

We didn't respond with smack. We asked him to support a poor initial post.

I agree with this. The guy didn't get criticized for talking smack. He got criticized for starting a thread with no substance behind it. So the difference in the game will be turnovers, luck, and intangibles? Wow, some insight. The winner of this game will roll to a SB victory (including going through the loser, as if one close victory is it all predicative of the next)?

We didn't respond with smack. We asked him to support a poor initial post.

Well I agree that the winner of this game isn't guaranteed winning the Superbowl thats for sure, the Loser of this game has just as good of a shot, because more then likely we will be playing again in January.

Dude, thousands is not that many. Let me explain, their are 50 states in the U.S. each state is made up of many cities, each one of those cities may have a paper and a sports writer covering the story with their own comments. If you do the math (I'll wait until you take your shoes off) you'll find tens of thousands of people writing about sports.

Yes, I do know his motivations..win at all cost and with no integirty
Yes, I do know his value system...he values cheating
NO, I don't know what you think of stealichick, and I don't care

Dude, get out of the hole, everyone but those who live in Boston feels your teams SuperBowl wins should have an asterik next to them. Why can't we tell the truth around here...OH, that's right we're talking about the Cheats fans.

:rolleyes:

1) "Thousands of sportswriters"???? As long as you are freaking out, you might as well go for Billions (it is a bigger number)

2) You think you understand Belichick's motivations and value-system?

3) You think you understand what I (or any Pats fan) think of Belichick?

Why write this stuff? When the reasonable fans of the opposing team post to this board and wonder why they get flamed for no apparent reason, that should be a subject you can post intelligently about.

Go back to the Indy Star, punk, and play patty cake with the rest of the mongoloidal hayseeds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference