PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keys to Monday nights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, i think this pertains to any game. :p

Its the biggest key in this game as well. The Patriots have not really turned the ball over much at all this season. Its been the key to the Pats success. If the Jets can force Brady into bad decisions and turnovers then the Jets win. If the Pats continue their forcing opponents into bad throws and interceptions then the Pats win. You can get into analyzing all the stats, but this game really comes down to turnovers.

Its the biggest key in this game as well. The Patriots have not really turned the ball over much at all this season. Its been the key to the Pats success. If the Jets can force Brady into bad decisions and turnovers then the Jets win. If the Pats continue their forcing opponents into bad throws and interceptions then the Pats win. You can get into analyzing all the stats, but this game really comes down to turnovers.

Thats true. I agree honestly, i think we only have like 9 turnovers for the season. You are right, we need to take care of the ball against this defense.

I agree turnovers will be a huge factor. Brady can't have another one of his multiple pick games. Another big factor will be our defenses ability to get off the field after thrid downs. I'm tired of seeing teams convert 3rd and long. If we can do both of these, we'll have a much better chance of winning.

LOL. Last week, Brady put up a perfect passer rating while Manning threw 4 picks. Yet you want him to play more "Manning-like" this week.

I was clearly referring to his notoriously quick release, which was good enough to post 30 (not to mention 26-39/377/3) on the superior 2009 Jets defense. It's a bit disingenuous to assume I want Brady to throw up 4 picks.

I was clearly referring to his notoriously quick release, which was good enough to post 30 (not to mention 26-39/377/3) on the superior 2009 Jets defense. It's a bit disingenuous to assume I want Brady to throw up 4 picks.

I agree. I was thinking the same thing, even though i love Brady amillion times better, I've never seen a better QB at almost welcoming blitzes like Manning. he knows that he will throw all over rushers. Last year against the Jets he ate them up play after play.

So i see where you are coming from in that instance.

Last edited:
Re: Pats vs. Saints in this year's superbowl.

we r going to either have to do some tricky stuff, big special teams plays, run the ball well a bit, quick short playaction and hit te's alot! We really need to force jets o into turnovers, guna be a fairly low scoring game imo, and i think the jets will do great on branch and welker and thats where we have to hit our backs, te's, and run the ball well!! could be a scary game, guna be a defensive battle, and if it is a blow out then it will be the pats blowin out jets but i predict, 21-13 pats!:rocker::rocker::rocker::singing::D

1. Offense plays well
2. Defense plays well
3. Coaches coach well
4. Fans are loud
5. Limit turnovers/mistakes
6. Force mistakes
7. Hit Welker when he's open
8. Hit Welker when he's double teamed
9. If Welker is triple teamed, take a time out and figure out how to get the ball to Welker

We need to limit turnovers. I think the Pats also need to have a very good balance of run and pass as well.

This part has nothing to do with the thread (sorry OP and everyone), but I love your 'avatar.' Bone Thugs N Harmony are my favorite all-time group and I see the cover of the album every time you post something and it makes me reminisce a little.

Last edited:
pats-- need to run the ball quite a bit, hit te's, hit branch on quick routes that make cromartie change direction, welker on pivot routes, hit rbs covered by lb's, draws, quick play action short plays, huge special teams and defense plays, 5 wide quick throws, tricks, we really need to confuse and pressure sanchez and i think we will, we also really need our kicker and punter to show up becuz it could easily b that type of game....

i think jets--- will try santonio on slants, sluggos, wheels,
braylon on fade routes in redzone, power running game, a dose of brad smith, trick plays, pressures, mixed coverages, qb runs, draws, screens

pats 21 jets 13:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Last edited:
One thing....Limit the Jets run game to under 100 yards and let sanchez beat you

One thing....Limit the Jets run game to under 100 yards and let sanchez beat you

I would like to see Wilfork put at end instead of at the nose this game. Mangold minimizes his impact most of the time 1:1. Let G Warren get a wash against Mangold while one side of the Jets line is collapsed by Wilfork at all times.

Am listening right now to a replay of Patriots Football Weekly from a couple days ago. They interview a NY writer right at the beginning and I thought it gave a pretty good insight about what to look for, over the first twenty minutes of the audio clip. One thing the NY writer mentioned was the Pats going to a hurry up or no huddle early and often as an effective way to disrupt the Jets defense.

Another point they brought up was that the Jets field goal kicking has been shaky; they just brought in a new kicker to look at. That can't be good for Nick Folk's confidence, successful kicking is as much mental as it is physical. If the Pats defense can force the Jets to settle for field goal attempts that could be a huge plus, more than it normally is in this game.

Patriots Playbook - 12/1/2010

Last edited:
need to play from ahead or very least limit jets to FG. if the jets somehow get a 2 TD lead with that defense it maybe a tall order for the pats. The offense's margin for error goes down against this defense.

One Patriots player who has not been mentioned in the media or here, could have an impact on the game. I'm not going to mention his name because I jinxed another player before the Browns game.

But one or two plays by this player could make a difference in the outcome, if the Jets are keying on others.

Last edited:
One Patriots player who has not been mentioned in the media or here, could have an impact on the game. I'm not going to mention his name because I jinxed another player before the Browns game.

But one or two plays by this player could make a difference in the outcome, if the Jets are keying on others.

Brandon Tate?

pats-- need to run the ball quite a bit, hit te's, hit branch on quick routes that make cromartie change direction, welker on pivot routes, hit rbs covered by lb's, draws, quick play action short plays, huge special teams and defense plays, 5 wide quick throws, tricks, we really need to confuse and pressure sanchez and i think we will, we also really need our kicker and punter to show up becuz it could easily b that type of game....

i think jets--- will try santonio on slants, sluggos, wheels,
braylon on fade routes in redzone, power running game, a dose of brad smith, trick plays, pressures, mixed coverages, qb runs, draws, screens

pats 21 jets 13:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Jets often run Holmes on wheels out of the backfield, this helps Sanchez identify if coverage is man or zone (one of the things they are doing when people were talking about "simplifying the playbook for Sanchez"), and on top of which this will force man coverage on him, because you don't know where he is going to release, vertically.

I think BB will be more than prepared for this- I think we are going to have a roaming man on Holmes at all times in order to keep our zone or man options safely disguised.

That's par for the course I suppose. Holmes is a good receiver and I wouldn't mind if he were ours but look at the following.

Rec Yds Avg TD
Holmes 32 491 15.3 4

Branch 46 545 11.8 4

Deion's numbers are surprisingly close or better on the season. Yet I couldn't imagine him spouting off on himself like he were impossible to cover.

Holmes did his damage in four fewer games though.;)

Holmes did his damage in four fewer games though.;)

When his head is on right, Holmes is a top 10 NFL receiver.

Gotta give the Jets credit. They rolled the dice and came up 7's with this guy.

Fred Coleman? He burned the Jets once. :p

Have to stop Jets running game...all this outside stuff, Hernandez, Cromartie, Revis, Tate...etc...NFL games are won in the trenches in Dec.

Time to start thinking about what are the most important things the Patriots can do to win Monday night.

1. No Patriot turnovers
2. Limit the Jets running game to 3ypc or under.
3. Get in Sanchez face and don't let him throw from outside the tackle box. He seems to be his best after the play breaks down and he can move outside, and be a playground QB.
4. Score 1 more point than the Jets.
One thing I noticed in the Detroit game was even if the DL were not gettng pressure they were also leaving large running lanes. I guess its not fair to say if you dont succeed at rushing the QB you should at least stop the scramble, because its probably the opposite, the pass rusher that struggles to get to the QB has to work real hard at it and use every tool he's got. In any event, one or the other would be fine this week, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News