Welcome to PatsFans.com

Key to the game: Shutting down Clark... Pats failed...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, Jan 22, 2007.

1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +415 / 31 / -48

#50 Jersey

Many people said that the key player to watch for was Dallas Clark and there were many others who tried to write Clark off. Well, Clark was the one who burned the Pats deep on a couple of occasions. I didn't understand the Pats not putting Chad Scott on him and trying to cover him with Eric Alexander. Alexander did OK, but was not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination.

I have to agree with others in that I didn't understand the Pats shifting their defense so drastically for the 2nd half. Had they kept up what they had been doing and rotated guys like Green and Wright in more often, I honestly believe the outcome would have been different and the Pats wouldn't have given up an 18 point lead.

2. brdmaverick

brdmaverick In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

what sucked is that he had that one huge play where the Pats were applying pressure on Manning and apparently our secondary thought that he was going to be sacked because they didn't cover Clark

and yes I realize that was one big run on sentence, oh well

Clarke came up huge for the Colts, because we know that Harrison and Wayne certainly didn't

3. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He made the big catches when they needed them.

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,742 / 16 / -5

I personally felt Alexander had a bad game, but I do agree that stopping Clark was the key to the game (look how the Colts offense struggled when he went out). I would have liked Hawkins to shadow him more too.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 13 / -14

#24 Jersey

Can someone who can watch more closely tell me what the Safeties were doing in pass coverage ? Most of the time the CB seemed to have the WR one on one. And with a LB on Clark half the time, I would have thought that would have freed the Safeties for more double coverage. But I didn't see it.