Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Faulk’s close but far away - BostonHerald.com

After reading this,I am very sad.

Kevin was the heart and sole of the running game for so many years and now he sits at home practically begging for the Pats to give him a call and re-sign him.

No one has told Kevin that the Pats probably have moved on and retirement is just a formality unless there is a spread of injuries to the RB corps.

The guy was just the best 3rd down back I have ever seen and the screen pass was something he was so good at......I nearly cried seeing how much he loves football and the team but sits saddened with no job and wanting to play badly.

If retirement becomes official within the next few weeks like I expect,there better be a 'Kevin Faulk Appreciation Night' like they did with Troy Brown in 2008.

For all the wonderful moments Kevin gave us,it requires an appreciation night.

Last edited:
I really hate hearing this. I swear the last time we seen Kevin, he was doing good things like he always had before.
BB must have a reason for not wanting him back, I guess.:(

I really hate hearing this. I swear the last time we seen Kevin, he was doing good things like he always had before.

Old and Slow...he is still in shape but his speed has sadly dwindled as we saw at times the past 2 years.

I remember when the Bucs had Mike Alstott retire .....there were thousands of saddened fans in Tampa...just like there is here now.

Last edited:
It's too bad he can't come back but maybe it's for the better. It's amazing how many clutch catches he has had over the years. I will always remember the 2 point conversion from SB38. And the same 2 point conversion against San Diego in the playoffs in 2006. Classic shot of Schottenheimer on the sidelines realizing the play and not reacting fast enough to call a time out.

It's sad in a sense that it's only Brady left from the SB36 team. Damn, when he retires, I might have to take the day off of work, lol...

I'm not totally sure that I'd agree with this. I was at the Steeler game last yr when he had his first game back from PUP and he didn't look too hot. IIRC they didn't even have him active too much after that.

I think that he was obviously a very key part of many great yrs here, but it's probably time to allow the younger backs an opportunity to show what they are capable of.

I am sure he'd be a good shadow roster candidate unless he officially retires soon, but hopefully it won't come to that.

I actually thought that he was a FA this year. Does he remain unsigned, or I am thinking of last season? I really haven't kept track of Faulk's situation, as it seemed pretty obvious that we were moving on.

I agree with the OP. Definitely will be a Kevin Faulk appreciation day for sure. We all love him as a player and wish him the best in his life.

If there is one moment in Kevin Faulks career I will forever remember is that playoff game in 2009 against the Ravens.

The Pats were being pummeled 24-0 in the second quarter...everyone on the team seemed dazed and incoherent except for one guy that was noticeably 'still with his head in the game'....that man was Kevin Faulk who gathered the offense on the sideline into a huddle and literally screamed at them to get thier act together,take thier heads out of thier azzholes and get back in the game.

The Pats responded a little bit after that to make it a somewhat respectable finish,but I believe Kevin showed that day how much he meant to this team,in the field AND in the locker room.

He will be missed .....the last running back I felt this sad about into retirement was Mosi Tatupu after his Patriots career ended in 1990 and the following year he went to the Rams.

Last edited:

Kevin was the heart and sole of the running game for so many years and now he sits at home practically begging for the Pats to give him a call and re-sign him.

No one has told Kevin that the Pats probably have moved on and retirement is just a formality unless there is a spread of injuries to the RB corps.

The guy was just the best 3rd down back I have ever seen and the screen pass was something he was so good at......I nearly cried seeing how much he loves football and the team but sits saddened with no job and wanting to play badly.

If retirement becomes official within the next few weeks like I expect,there better be a 'Kevin Faulk Appreciation Night' like they did with Troy Brown in 2008.

For all the wonderful moments Kevin gave us,it requires an appreciation night.

Faulk is going through what Willie McGinest went through. Willie said it best: the NFL has a way of telling you that you're retired. Faulk deserves tremendous accolades for what he did for the team for such a long time, but it's time to move on. I haven't heard anyone else showing any interest. Shadow roster, move to coaching, huge send off if/when he formally reitres ... I hope the team does anything and everything to honor Kevin's accomplishments and loyalty. But there's no role for him on the roster at this juncture. It's a hard reality for guys like Faulk and McGinest to deal with, when the door is finally closing.

We all get old. It just happens sooner in the NFL. :(

Kevin, you're one of my all time favourite Patriots but it's time to move on.

Harsh reality but it's a business. Does anyone really think Kevin Faulk at this stage of his career would make this team better?

I'm baffled that Kevin has not figured this out yet. I'm baffled at why Bill won't give him a call.

If you read the article they have talked it all out. They obviously have some sort of understanding or he wouldn't be hanging around. He says he has a date in mind beyond which he will retire and move on... That is the definition of shadow roster.

That's not what I read in this article at all. I'm not sad for him; he's had a fantastic career, made more money than 99.9% of the people who have lived on the planet, sounds like he has great relationships in the game still, and is just waiting for the retirement day but is available in case the team has a bus accident. He sounds like he's clear about this.

And like everyone else here, can't wait for the Pats to show the love with an appreciation day.

Yup! It's a tough call. Knowing how clutch he was and dependable makes you realize even more now how important he was. No matter how many quality Receivers and RBs Pats had on field it always felt like we needed Faulk to make that one or two plays that moved a chain, kept drives goin.

Out of our Rbs this season,who can be that "Faulk" type player to fill that role when situation dictate it?

I lovve Kevin as a player and the embodiment of being a (Kraft-BB-era) Patriot.

Last year pretty much seemed to be a gift year for him (from a pay for performance standpoint).

I'm baffled that Kevin has not figured this out yet. I'm baffled at why Bill won't give him a call.

This is how willie McGuinest went out....not willing to believe it was over, appearing in articles like this one waiting for the Pats to call him.

Love Faulk, he was great for us and a great person by all accounts.....

I lovve Kevin as a player and the embodiment of being a (Kraft-BB-era) Patriot.

Last year pretty much seemed to be a gift year for him (from a pay for performance standpoint).

That's how I viewed it also. I thought it was very generous of the Pats.

Kevin IS clutch. But he's got to know it is time.

I was re-watching the Pats @ Jests game from last year the other night (yes I still have last years games on dvr) and couldn't help notice that Faulk looked done. He's had a great career and he deserves Pats HOF and all the love Troy Brown and Bruschi received. He is an all time great Patriot.. I hope he can continue with the team as a RB coach or something.

It's sad in a sense that it's only Brady left from the SB36 team. Damn, when he retires, I might have to take the day off of work, lol...

The only potential 4-ringer left :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference