PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk ..... The next Running Backs Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nothing against Fears,but I think Faulk would make a great coach and probably where he knows best at RB.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Coach Kevin Faulk? Don’t rule it out: “I’m a football guy”

If he retires this year,it would be great to see him replace or at least assist Fears in 2013.

The guy wants to remain on the Patriots when he retires,I hope they consider him for any job opening on the offensive coaching side.

Just by the way he was the ONLY player fired up as a leader against the Ravens in that horrid playoff game in 2010 trying to get the offense to pull their foot out of their ass,shows me he can be a teacher AND motivator on the sidelines to Ridley,BJGE and Co.

Last edited:
love to see it for the reasons you mentioned. Keeps a SB winning vet close to the players. But a guy like Kevin has millions. I'm skeptical that he's want the 12 hour 7 days a week coaching gig fr a few hundred K per year. It's SO much easier to get a media gig. Even DeOssie can do that.

Ivan fears his job?

love to see it for the reasons you mentioned. Keeps a SB winning vet close to the players. But a guy like Kevin has millions. I'm skeptical that he's want the 12 hour 7 days a week coaching gig fr a few hundred K per year. It's SO much easier to get a media gig. Even DeOssie can do that.

I think Faulk wants to coach. I just think you generally have to walk before you run and sometimes as a former player you need some distance between yourself and former teamates who were your buddies to modify your perspective. That is usually best gained at another level. If he decided to do some college coaching I could see them bringing him back on the staff in a couple of years.

I heard on the radio this afternoon that Faulk was undecided about playing next year, but was quoted as saying he expected to be with the team in some capacity. If the quote is accurate, I'm guessing he's been told a job of some type is his. I'd be really surprised if he said something like that without having some type of assurance. But, I've been surprised before...

Makes sense for Belichick to keep him around and in shape in case injuries befell the team and you needed a 2 week back-up. I believe he could still pass protect and catch short passes until he's 40.

Last edited:
Fears has been with BB since he came here, and is relatively young.

Why do we want to replace him???

Isn't Ivan the man who ended KFs fumbling problem ?
Don't the Pats have a need for that skill anymore ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back