Keeping Score - NOT bad after THREE days

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
AMENDOLA replaces Welker

After all, we may have signings today that we don't know about yet (e.g. Abraham hasn't been confirmed).

WASHINGTON replaces Woodhead and probably Demps (Vereen's improvement will help).

JONES replaces Branch.

ARRINGTON is re-signed.

LLOYD is restructuring

THOMAS is gone as expected. I expect an OL signing later in the offseason.

There is no action on VOLLMER, TALIB and EDELMAN.

We are seriously talking to pass-rushers and safeties.

We are discussing trades, although one may or may not materialize.

I'm somewhat happy, but our 2 biggest needs coming into this offseason IMO was outside CB and S yet neither have been addressed yet. Hopefully that changes soon.

Encouraging movements elsewhere.

AMENDOLA replaces Welker

After all, we may have signings today that we don't know about yet (e.g. Abraham hasn't been confirmed).

WASHINGTON replaces Woodhead and probably Demps (Vereen's improvement will help).

JONES replaces Branch.

ARRINGTON is re-signed.

LLOYD is restructuring

I will agree with you wholeheartedly IF Lloyd does restructure and IF Talib
does re-sign. If Talib leaves, the Patriots are woefully weak at cornerback with most of the good cornerbacks off the board. If Lloyd leaves, Tom
loses a wide receiver with a year's experience in the system who put
up good numbers.

I agree.

One day at a time.

We should know about Lloyd soon.

I will agree with you wholeheartedly IF Lloyd does restructure and Talib
does re-sign. If Talib leaves, the Patriots are woefully weak at cornerback with most of the good cornerbacks off the board. If Lloyd leaves, Tom
loses a wide receiver with a year's experience in the system who put
up good numbers.

Still need a CB and a S....Wilson sounds like he left with no deal but we will see

I would rather have Welker than Amendola and Woodhead instead of Washington.

I hope Donald Jones, non-tendered by Buffalo, was signed more for ST ability than as a WR.

Donald Thomas, a player who played in almost half of the offensive snaps, is gone.

Talib is still unsigned and a lot of possible replacement corners have come off the board.

Vollmer unsigned.

Much too early to judge free agency, but right now the roster is not as good as it was when they played in AFC championship game.

Not bad, but not good.

Still need a CB and a S....Wilson sounds like he left with no deal but we will see

I was hoping to get him signed. He fills a really big need nicely.

Wilson was not on the top of my S list, though if they had signed him it would have been OK, but I'd rather Kerry Rhodes if we are going to sign a former Cardinal S.

Speaking of Darkhorse safety prospects we already have 2 still on the roster Josh Barrett and Will Allen - Barrett's injury history is well known, but they must have seen "something" that they liked to IR him again and keep him on the roster. The same goes for Will Allen. Even more intriguing IMHO. I wasn't surprised that he didn't make the final cut, but I was surprised that they chose to keep him on the roster instead of simply releasing him. They could have saved close to a Million in cap space. Why? I ask myself, why?

Just remember folks - 2 days down and over 150 more to go. Remember last season. A lot of veteran signings which led to a lot of Veteran cuts. Signing these guys in March doesn't necessarily mean they'll be here in September. They still have to make the team.

Wilson was not on the top of my S list, though if they had signed him it would have been OK, but I'd rather Kerry Rhodes if we are going to sign a former Cardinal S.

Speaking of Darkhorse safety prospects we already have 2 still on the roster Josh Barrett and Will Allen - Barrett's injury history is well known, but they must have seen "something" that they liked to IR him again and keep him on the roster. The same goes for Will Allen. Even more intriguing IMHO. I wasn't surprised that he didn't make the final cut, but I was surprised that they chose to keep him on the roster instead of simply releasing him. They could have saved close to a Million in cap space. Why? I ask myself, why?

Just remember folks - 2 days down and over 150 more to go. Remember last season. A lot of veteran signings which led to a lot of Veteran cuts. Signing these guys in March doesn't necessarily mean they'll be here in September. They still have to make the team.

All very good points and well verbalized.....:cool:

The only possible way(s) that he wasn't signed was, either he (Wilson) wanted too much $, or, he didn't pass his physical (maybe he is finally over cooked?).

AMENDOLA replaces Welker

JONES replaces Branch.

ARRINGTON is re-signed.

LLOYD is restructuring

I know it's still early in the free agency period, but, I would love for BB to address the secondary...

Anyone watch Comcast? Curran was on and I thought they we're talking about a FA cornerback in addition to resigning Talib.
BTW, anyone hear Mike Reiss rip into Felger on 98.5 this afternoon?

Anyone watch Comcast? Curran was on and I thought they we're talking about a FA cornerback in addition to resigning Talib.

Please link, I hate Felger and would love to hear that.

I would be all for that!

Does wilson have any other teams to visit or interested..or was it only pats?

Of course not. This year's playoffs are month's way; free agency is 3 days old and we havn't drafted.

We will sign a corner or two or three.

We will sign a wide receiver or two or three.

We will sign or draft a safety.

but right now the roster is not as good as it was when they played in AFC championship game.

Also, Giardi tweeted this

Michael Giardi
‏@MikeGiardi

David Dunn did Welker no favors
last yr in negotiations & fouled em up again. Now their client is
playing where he doesn't want

After all the facts are in sounds like Welkers agent overplayed his hand and screwed his client

AMENDOLA replaces Welker

JONES replaces Branch.

ARRINGTON is re-signed.

LLOYD is restructuring

Add WILSON to the list.

Add ABRAHAM, maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes