PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kawika Mitchell: "Hit Tom Brady as much as you can, penalty doesn't matter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kawika Mitchell: "Hit Tom Brady as much as you can,Penalty doesn't matter"

Kawika should keep his head on a swivel. A knee is an easy thing to shred from the backside. Also, hitting the Qb goes both ways. When AD knocks Trent Edwards out for the season, I hope Kawika enjoys the "Losman" era in the rust belt.

I heard this live on the way to work this morning. This is really a topic here? This is the formula to beat Brady... pressure him, knock him down, if you get a penalty, so be it. How is this any different from how Vince Wilfork plays every Sunday?

I heard this live on the way to work this morning. This is really a topic here? This is the formula to beat Brady... pressure him, knock him down, if you get a penalty, so be it. How is this any different from how Vince Wilfork plays every Sunday?

I know you're being a **** on purpose, but you've basically hit the mark.

I love how the 'blueprint to beat Brady' is to do exactly what screws with every other QB in the game.

Theoretically, you could make an argument for 'mobile QBs', but I didn't see any of them playing the Super Bowl.

I know you're being a **** on purpose, but you've basically hit the mark.

I love how the 'blueprint to beat Brady' is to do exactly what screws with every other QB in the game.

Theoretically, you could make an argument for 'mobile QBs', but I didn't see any of them playing the Super Bowl.

True, that's how you beat every QB. But when you are talking about the elite ones, a defense has to make a choice: get beaten with quick passes or get slaughtered when he has time to pick you apart.

Wilfork wins. ;)

Reading what you just wrote, above, I see "...maybe ... probably ... Maybe ..."

Since you have no clue as to what you are talking about, MAYBE you should stop correcting those who can read:

"Don’t matter if it’s a penalty."

Well, son, it does matter. A penalty means you did something against the rules, in this case rules designed to protect QBs.

What you and he is saying is correct in a disgusting sort of way. If you want to win by hurting an opponent's key player, then penalties don't matter. As long as you injure the player, you have succeeded.

Trolls are generally lowlife's, people who feel a need to interject themselves where they aren't wanted for the purpose of causing unpleasantness, but people like you who endorse injuring players are truly disgusting.

Actually, you're interpreting things completely wrong. How is hitting Tom Brady equivalent to injuring him? Oh, I'm sorry, did you not want to hit the opposing QB's? Tom Brady is one of the most protected QB in the league, and everyone knows it. Just because someone hits him doesn't mean they're trying to injure him. Just means they're trying to rattle him, get to him.

Almost all of your assumptions are wrong. First of all, incurring a penalty does not mean you injured the QB. Second of all, the fact that I'm defending this statement does not mean I'm for injuring players. I would not want anyone to be injured on any team.

It's just possible (possible, mind you), that someone wouldn't be dumb enough to say that without qualifying it. And did you ever think that the media (yes, the media you all hate so very much) could have taken the quote out of context like that other fan said? Quick to condemn when it's not someone on your own team. What if the same thing was said about Peyton Manning? I'd bet I'd see 500 posts on it, full of glee within an hour.

So you're completely wrong that I'm "endorsing injuring players." It's so amusing how much you people assume and read into things when you are just making fools of yourselves. Keep going, I love this circus.

Actually, you're interpreting things completely wrong. How is hitting Tom Brady equivalent to injuring him? Oh, I'm sorry, did you not want to hit the opposing QB's? Tom Brady is one of the most protected QB in the league, and everyone knows it. Just because someone hits him doesn't mean they're trying to injure him. Just means they're trying to rattle him, get to him.

Almost all of your assumptions are wrong. First of all, incurring a penalty does not mean you injured the QB. Second of all, the fact that I'm defending this statement does not mean I'm for injuring players. I would not want anyone to be injured on any team.

It's just possible (possible, mind you), that someone wouldn't be dumb enough to say that without qualifying it. And did you ever think that the media (yes, the media you all hate so very much) could have taken the quote out of context like that other fan said? Quick to condemn when it's not someone on your own team. What if the same thing was said about Peyton Manning? I'd bet I'd see 500 posts on it, full of glee within an hour.

So you're completely wrong that I'm "endorsing injuring players." It's so amusing how much you people assume and read into things when you are just making fools of yourselves. Keep going, I love this circus.

Bull****.

If a Patriots player made this statement, you'd be driving the bandwagon in the opposite direction.

"I'm not biased, I just disagree with everything you say or do at every opportunity, regardless of circumstance!"

:rofl:

the bottom line is he is right and it worked. yah, he's an @sshole but they are wearing the shiny new ring and we aren't. whether it's wrong or not doesn't really matter after the game is over and we are stuck with 18-1.

Bull****.

If a Patriots player made this statement, you'd be driving the bandwagon in the opposite direction.

"I'm not biased, I just disagree with everything you say or do at every opportunity, regardless of circumstance!"

:rofl:

You obviously miss the posts where I agree with people. I'd probably be upset if someone said something about this, but I wouldn't assume that he means to injure the QB.

It's just funny how easily you people agree with the media when you want to, then turn on them at the slightest hint of anti-New Englandism.

Maybe you people should actually pull up decent arguments instead of the "darn troll" drivel that people use to brush off legitimate statements.

I would be ashamed if Kawika Mitchell actually meant that he wants to injure Brady. But it would be terribly insensitive of him to do that, considering he joined the team that Kevin Everett was on last year. I see him talking football strategy, not trying to injure someone in order to win.

Oh, and for those people who are knocking me for my "maybe's" and "probably's", I took the time to listen to the clip myself (since none of you obviously did), and he said that "obviously you don't want to get penalties" shortly after that. He's obviously talking about the way to beat the Patriots, and he wasn't saying to injure him. He's just talking about what the Giants did during the Super Bowl - get to Brady. Sack him.

you wanna blitz the guys that hate quarterbacks, kawika fits the bill.

we were pretty rough ourselves in the '01 superbowl.

and i think brady gets unusually rattled sometimes when penalties aren't called or when something doesnt go his way. until the final drive, anyway.

if we wanna get more o-line help, im not going to disagree.

I would be ashamed if Kawika Mitchell actually meant that he wants to injure Brady. But it would be terribly insensitive of him to do that, considering he joined the team that Kevin Everett was on last year. I see him talking football strategy, not trying to injure someone in order to win.

Oh, and for those people who are knocking me for my "maybe's" and "probably's", I took the time to listen to the clip myself (since none of you obviously did), and he said that "obviously you don't want to get penalties" shortly after that. He's obviously talking about the way to beat the Patriots, and he wasn't saying to injure him. He's just talking about what the Giants did during the Super Bowl - get to Brady. Sack him.

The penalty comment is what is drawing ire, and is almost a perfect copy of a statement that got one of the Cowboys' CBs in trouble a few months back over Jon Kitna.

Mitchell tried to clarify his statement after the fact, but saying "you don't want to get penalties" after saying "penalties don't matter" doesn't erase the fact that he said it.

I honestly don't give a **** either way, I just find it funny that you're pretending to argue your side out of a lack of bias, when you clearly admit you'd have a huge problem if the Patriots had won the game and Tedy Bruschi was explaining how they took down Eli Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST