PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Katie Nolan: "Pat Calling"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2008, I took my kids up to the NFL draft at Radio City Music Hall all of us wearing Pats gear (Bruschi/Troy Brown/Brady jersey) and the only grief I got was in Penn Station where more than a few guys catcalled, "18 and 1".........

Last year, Mrs. Zeus and I had boarded a plane headed to Jamaica. I was wearing a Pats pullover and hat and the guy across from me was wearing Red Sox gear. A young guy from NY boarding the plane stopped when he saw us. He was wearing a wife-beater, a gold necklace, a flat-brimmed Yankee hat turned sideways and was tatted up - I'm sure you get the picture.

We got major eye roll and the big-time New York accent - Aw jeez, Patriots fans and Red Sox fans.

I looked him right in the eye, somewhat coldly, paused for a moment, then smiled and said "I really like parades."

To his credit, he burst out laughing, saying "You know, that's pretty good ..."

Didn't know who Katie Nolan was until watching this video, but I've decided that she will soon be Katie Kumstein. And I'd greatly appreciate it if no one mentioned this to my wife

I know, the original video cracks me up... "Ohhh, he told her to have a nice day!! What an a**hole! God, it's so hard to be a woman in the modern age!"
Well.....2 things. First, sort of disagree with you here, the behavior in the video was pretty bad.

But having said that, the idea that it showed how men are or what women have to deal with in general, is off, too. Certain guys, yeah...well, watch the video, you'll see what I mean.

Didn't know who Katie Nolan was until watching this video, but I've decided that she will soon be Katie Kumstein. And I'd greatly appreciate it if no one mentioned this to my wife
You want the adoption to be a surprise? That's probably not a good idea. :)

I know, the original video cracks me up... "Ohhh, he told her to have a nice day!! What an a**hole! God, it's so hard to be a woman in the modern age!"
Man I would KILL for women to catcall me. That would be the greatest day ever.

Well.....2 things. First, sort of disagree with you here, the behavior in the video was pretty bad.

But having said that, the idea that it showed how men are or what women have to deal with in general, is off, too. Certain guys, yeah...well, watch the video, you'll see what I mean.
If you watch the whole video, yeah that are some lewd unacceptable comments but a majority of them were nothing.

I think that name is already taken, at least as a screen name.

The video could have been done better, but there is some truth to the joke.

When I wear Pats gear out, especially when traveling, I get a lot of "Go Pats!" from other random people, which is nice. But there are also occasional 'cheater' comments. They aren't mean spirited, but they're there. A couple from TSA security, the guy who works the cab line, etc.. The cab line guy in Vegas last March told me that the Cheater Line was down the road. I said that must actually be where the Champion Line was, and he laughed.

But people always wonder why Patriots fans are so defensive. Uh maybe it's because they get called cheaters without provocation when they are out in public?

Man I would KILL for women to catcall me. That would be the greatest day ever.
That's what was funny when the women started to say stuff to guys. All the guys were happy and smiling about it.

Katie-Nolan-GIF-04.gif

Yeah I know there's some scumbags in there. However, my point is - the video clearly states she walked through NYC (the scumbag capital of the country) for TEN HOURS, and yet there's maybe 4 or 5 actually offensive things said/done in the video? If you film for 10 hours and 80% of your final video is "have a good day", you proved the opposite of what you set out to prove. It's cut up into only a few minutes to make you think "oh wow look at what this girl had to deal with in this short period of time", but it's over a 10 hour span. ****, I get called worse in my own house more frequently in a 10 hour span.

Yeah I know there's some scumbags in there. However, my point is - the video clearly states she walked through NYC (the scumbag capital of the country) for TEN HOURS, and yet there's maybe 4 or 5 actually offensive things said/done in the video? If you film for 10 hours and 80% of your final video is "have a good day", you proved the opposite of what you set out to prove. It's cut up into only a few minutes to make you think "oh wow look at what this girl had to deal with in this short period of time", but it's over a 10 hour span. ****, I get called worse in my own house more frequently in a 10 hour span.

And thats my Internet theory in a nutshell.

The more numbers you expose yourself too, the more likely you will get an extreme reaction. The Internet and large cities are a perfect example of this.

People often fall into the logical fallacy of giving too much significance to extreme reactions basically because they aren't taking into consideration all the non/normal reactions they're being exposed to.

How many people do you walk by in an hour in NYC? 500? 1,000? 3,000? I have no doubt that certain factors increase the likelihood of an extreme reaction. Being a pretty woman is probably right up there. But being anything that makes you stand out or attract a little extra attention is going to increase those odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back