PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just What the Pats Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not including games where Tim freaking Tebow played.

I'm speaking of the fact that we've beaten Manning 3/4 times we've met up since he's been in Denver. If we expect to win next Sunday, that will have made it 4/5.

You make some fine points re: Peyton's recent struggles, although I still think that he's the 3rd or 4th best QB in the game, so I look at it that way. He really wasn't struggling when J.Thomas was played prior to the week 11 injury. Once that happened is when he saw some major struggles.

Since both Thomases are now healthy, I expect something closer to the old Peyton.

My bad, I did the math wrong, the Pats have already played the Manning Broncos 4 times.

He's a great, great quarterback, and the Broncos are a good team. I think the Patriots are currently the heathier, more physical team. I was mostly feeling grand with bravado, not looking to shoo away anyone who has concerns about future opponents. Of course they are warranted.

I never said a bye was bad. But I think it's over-rated. There has been a feeling on this board for many years that if we don't get a bye - or even if we don't get HFA - that we don't have a chance. Hogwash.

The Ravens came into this game revved up and sharp, having had to play their way into the tournament and win a road game on the bye week. The Pats came in rested and healthy, but also rusty and much less fired up at the beginning of the game. They survived, but it was dicey, and they came darn close to being one and done. As BB said, you aren't going to win many games having to come back from 14 down twice. I'm glad they had to survive this kind of game, and I think it will help them; but I also think they could have been sharper if they had chosen to play the last game of the season instead of treating it like a preseason game.

I definitely see your points, but having the first round bye increases the odds dramatically, so that's the way to go in my opinion.

If you're really a good team, you shouldn't have that much trouble winning one home game to set up an AFCCG appearance. The Ravens, Steelers, Giants, and Packers were all able to go on the road and win consistently. I haven't seen us do that in awhile. Even in the years where we finish 12-4 like this year, they still end up 5-3 on the road.

Expecting us to go on the road and win multiple games in a row vs. excellent opponents isn't something that's going to happen very often---but that's just my opinion.

My bad, I did the math wrong, the Pats have already played the Manning Broncos 4 times.

He's a great, great quarterback, and the Broncos are a good team. I think the Patriots are currently the heathier, more physical team. I was mostly feeling grand with bravado, not looking to shoo away anyone who has concerns about future opponents. Of course they are warranted.

Great thoughts, Hercules. I agree 100 percent.

Unfortunately, I probably won't be feeling nearly as confident as you are unless the Colts pull off the upset tomorrow. That said, I feel much better than I did all of last week. Either way, it's going to be tough, so they'll need to bring their "A" game.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic and excited though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back