PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Tomase

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know were supposed to hate him here because of the taping flap with regards to taping a Ram walkthrough before SB 36 that Matt Walsh erroneously fed him fake info to and later retracted. Tomase publicly retracted his story but will always have that villian-like Dan Shaughnessy attatchment labeled to him. I get that.

With that being said I think his latest article is spot on and so I'll throw it out their to share. The kid pissed me off many years ago by being an overly-ambitious irresponsible immature $h!the@d but I'm not the type to never forgive. He put out a front page retraction and apologized almost a decade ago. As with the hate many here I believe have misdirected over time he's done nothing in the last 9 years to inspire that. Fire your hatred at those that deserve it right now in this moment.

Locally Gary Tanguay, Dan Shaughnessy, Felger and Mazz can all suck my balls. On a national scale Ryan Clark, Chris Carter, Mark Brunell, Jerome Bettis and ESPN can all suck it too..

As for the criminal gangster enterprise that currently occupies 345 Park Ave. in Manhatten, it's time to hire some Untouchables.

That being said I'll share Tomase' latest article. I think it was deftly composed:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/f...why-tom-brady-will-win-when-he-faces-nfl-cour

You can count me among the haters who refuse to read his articles. He put out an erroneous report on the eve of the 2008 Superbowl calling the Patriots cheaters without vetting the story. The timing of the article was designed to go viral defaming a team that should have been celebrated as they were attempting something special and to bring himself fame. That false story still permeates today. Some people do not deserve second chances.

I know were supposed to hate him here because of the taping flap with regards to taping a Ram walkthrough before SB 36 that Matt Walsh erroneously fed him fake info to and later retracted. Tomase publicly retracted his story but will always have that villian-like Dan Shaughnessy attatchment labeled to him. I get that.

With that being said I think his latest article is spot on and so I'll throw it out their to share. The kid pissed me off many years ago by being an overly-ambitious irresponsible immature $h!the@d but I'm not the type to never forgive. He put out a front page retraction and apologized almost a decade ago. As with the hate many here I believe have misdirected over time he's done nothing in the last 9 years to inspire that. Fire your hatred at those that deserve it right now in this moment.

Locally Gary Tanguay, Dan Shaughnessy, Felger and Mazz can all suck my balls. On a national scale Ryan Clark, Chris Carter, Mark Brunell, Jerome Bettis and ESPN can all suck it too..

As for the criminal gangster enterprise that currently occupies 345 Park Ave. in Manhatten, it's time to hire some Untouchables.

That being said I'll share Tomase' latest article. I think it was deftly composed:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/f...why-tom-brady-will-win-when-he-faces-nfl-cour

**** that!

If that were written by anyone else it would be a pretty decent article. At least it focuses on what needs it -- the fairness of the process.

Unfortunately, no lawyer -- not even McCann or Steph Stradley -- has yet come out with a clear account of what the fairness of the process requires legally (that it is screamingly unfair to any open-minded person is obvious).

Could we move this to the clown forum? Don't people realize this is from the borges playbook? Wow, he seemed reasonable, unlike the other 99 times where he made up crap to slam the home team and get clicks.

Noooope. Not reading him. Not ever. Not after what he did. That he still has a job in this or any other market is baffling to me.
I understand that position arch. I appreciate your follow up with the dislike. He pissed me off bigtime with that report and it still stings today. To this day ******ed people like Marshall Faulk of think of it as gospel.

That kind of unobjective blindly ignorant jealous hatred makes me hate him a thousand times more then I could ever hate Tomase. As bad as a mistake Tomase made it brought out the true rats living in the soffets. I personally am willing to lay my sword to rest after all this time. People make mistakes and he DID own up to it. I can't hate forever. Marshall Faulk, on the other hand, is someone I will always hate.

Again I appreciate your dislike by following up with a response. I respect that.

You can count me among the haters who refuse to read his articles. He put out an erroneous report on the eve of the 2008 Superbowl calling the Patriots cheaters without vetting the story. The timing of the article was designed to go viral defaming a team that should have been celebrated as they were attempting something special and to bring himself fame. That false story still permeates today. Some people do not deserve second chances.

You had me until that last line. He got a story wrong. He's not Aaron Hernandez. Perspective man.

I imagine Tomase's day to day life must difficult. People pointing as he walks down the street. Shop keepers locking doors and pulling down shutters when he is nearby. In history, who else received the Tomase Treatment? Joseph McCarthy? Tonya Harding? Mark Sanchez?

Unfortunately, no lawyer -- not even McCann or Steph Stradley -- has yet come out with a clear account of what the fairness of the process requires legally (that it is screamingly unfair to any open-minded person is obvious).

Well, that is the very question before Berman.

I imagine Tomase's day to day life must difficult. People pointing as he walks down the street. Shop keepers locking doors and pulling down shutters when he is nearby. In history, who else received the Tomase Treatment? Joseph McCarthy? Tonya Harding? Mark Sanchez?

Notable local, Hester Prynne.

Well, that is the very question before Berman.

Maybe not. Kessler seems to think that it's about the "law of the shop" (vs. Article 46) and Berman seems to think it's about knocking heads together to get to a compromise. I'm worried that Kessler gave up on discovery.

You had me until that last line. He got a story wrong. He's not Aaron Hernandez. Perspective man.
You are 100% correct. People do deserve second chances. Even reporters that screw up and apologize for it. If I ran into Thomase at a store or gas station I wouldnt go off on him or anything. He's a person. He could be a great guy. Who knows.

The issue I have is that he is not a very good reporter. He brings no value and is a card-carrying member of the contrarian crowd so my preference is not to read or listen to him to get information.

It's not personal. It's strictly business.

Are you related to Tomase? ;)

Anyway I never read his articles since he lost all creditablely. However I do like commenting about how much of a hack his is on the herald Webpage.

He didn't just get any story wrong though. This was a huge story discrediting their first Super Bowl win and would discredit all their success as CameraPlacementGate had occurred that season. He knew the impact this would have and he released it the day before the Patriots were trying to finish an undefeated season which brought it so much more attention. It took away so much enjoyment from Patriots fans and gave so much more fuel to the haters. As a result, people nearly ten years later say the Patriots always cheat because you can never completely unwind a story like that. Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk are still citing his false story and people believe it.

The reason he did not vet his story before running with it was so that he could print it on the eve of the Superbowl. That is as irresponsible of an act as a journalist can make. It was not just an innocent mistake, it was about bringing attention to himself at the risk of ruining the reputations of many. And it has undeservedly hurt reputations and still is. He knew better. That's unforgivable for his profession.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference