PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Brown on Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Media has a Vendetta against BB so they would mention anything good that he does.
I understand why more and more players won't talk to the media.

Vrabel said it best last week. somehow people who talk a lot are classy and people who dont say much are classless.

Imagine what would happen if Tony Dungy did the same thing?

The media would create a never ending ovation.

Better question...

Why the eff is someone like Dungy or Lovie Smith not this involved?

The Media has a Vendetta against BB so they would mention anything good that he does.
I understand why more and more players won't talk to the media.

I can't get over the irony that here is BB, quietly doing substantial work to help out the black community, getting NO praise from the media...while Tony Dungy gets away with speaking at an organization with a perceived anti-gay agenda. Imagine if the roles were reversed how much praise Dungy would get, and BB would likely be driven out of a job.

You really have to give props to BB here. 90% of the politicians or celebrities that say they care about race and or the black community are full of shyt and just say it so people think they care. Here's a guy actually doing something and seeking no recognition of it.

Greg Easterbook can F himself, based on what Brown says, what BB is doing is for real, and I have even more respect for BB after reading Brown's quote, which is a considerable thing to say.

Last edited:
I can't get over the irony that here is BB, quietly doing substantial work to help out the black community, getting NO praise from the media...while Tony Dungy gets away with speaking at an organization with a perceived anti-gay agenda. Imagine if the roles were reversed how much praise Dungy would get, and BB would likely be driven out of a job.

You really have to give props to BB here. 90% of the politicians or celebrities that say they care about race and or the black community are full of shyt and just say it so people think they care. Here's a guy actually doing something and seeking no recognition of it.

Greg Easterbook can F himself, based on what Brown says, what BB is doing is for real, and I have even more respect for BB after reading Brown's quote, which is a considerable thing to say.

well the big reason BB is disliked is he doesnt respond to all this with a fiery face press conference. He knows what is true and happy with it. I think its a lot tougher thing to do. Take in case the ted johnson statements when he said BB played god with him. BB just said ted was a great player and we wish him the best. He couldve flat out denied it or explained it to the media to clear his name. But he didnt . So the media assumes he is guilty.

People, people, people! Come on now. Haven't we learned by now that Dungy is far too buisy doing God's work to help those less fortunate? I mean he's trying to help his people. Look at how diverse the Keebler Elves have become in recent years.

Can I just say that I love Jim Brown and I hate Easterbrook.

Nice comments....

Reading all this has helped me understand a side of BB I was not aware of. I love reading about men & women who help others but don't want people to know about it.

Someone wrote, "Not by his words, but by his deeds shall ye know him".

And it made me realize how true that is. Yes, Belichick has remained quiet on the video issue. He is being criticized by the media for not sharing the facts they don't know...basically, for keeping his mouth shut.

How ironic that his lack of commentary may be more a reflection of his humility than his arrogance. He obviously possesses compassion and my God how we saw the love his players have for him after the Chargers game!

We know nothing of the deeds of Bill Belichick by his own words. How many among us can actually perform good deeds by helping people and not want others to know of these deeds? I know I find that difficult.

I found reading all this very touching. And as a man, I don't say that often.

Last edited:
People, people, people! Come on now. Haven't we learned by now that Dungy is far too buisy doing God's work to help those less fortunate? I mean he's trying to help his people. Look at how diverse the Keebler Elves have become in recent years.

That is the funniest thing I have heard all month.

well the big reason BB is disliked is he doesnt respond to all this with a fiery face press conference. He knows what is true and happy with it. I think its a lot tougher thing to do. Take in case the ted johnson statements when he said BB played god with him. BB just said ted was a great player and we wish him the best. He couldve flat out denied it or explained it to the media to clear his name. But he didnt . So the media assumes he is guilty.

I also think that this is a deliberate strategy, that defies what we know about public relations.. consider the whole Mangini thing, he could have blamed him for what happened last year when Mangini was caught taping the Pats.. instead he kept his mouth shut, BB chooses to do his talking on the field. He continually deflects the criticism of the Pats and the Pats Org. toward him, this is purposeful and and a very effective method as the players understand his loyalty to the team and conversely the players become loyal as well.

Reading all this has helped me understand a side of BB I was not aware of. I love reading about men & women who help others but don't want people to know about it.

Someone wrote, "Not by his words, but by his deeds shall ye know him".

And it made me realize how true that is. Yes, Belichick has remained quiet on the video issue. He is being criticized by the media for not sharing the facts they don't know...basically, for keeping his mouth shut.

How ironic that his lack of commentary may be more a reflection of his humility than his arrogance. He obviously possesses compassion and my God how we saw the love his players have for him after the Chargers game!

We know nothing of the deeds of Bill Belichick by his own words. How many among us can actually perform good deeds by helping people and not want others to know of these deeds? I know I find that difficult.

I found reading all this very touching. And as a man, I don't say that often.

Well written! You wrote very succiently my thoughts that I would have had a tough time expressing.

Gotta love him more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes