PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets vs. Bills - Who is #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Given the relatively weak schedule that AFC east teams face, it's very possible that this division produces 2 playoff teams this year. Before the Favre deal the Bills were a sexy pick to nail down the #6 seed, now of course everybody will be ball washing Favre and the Jets.

Granted, it will be tough to get unbiased discussion here, but who does everyone see as the favorite to finish second to the Pats and possibly land a #6 seed?

The Jets have more talent, but it'll probably take some time for Favre to mesh in. I think the Bills will finish with a better record, but I doubt they'll make the playoff. The Browns/Steelers (whoever doesn't win the North) will surely be a wild card, as will the Jags/Titans (whoever finishes behind Indy).

With Favre - Jets
Without Favre - take your pick

But the Jets have Favre.

does that mean i cannot pick? that sucks.

ok ill take the Jets with Favre.

Dolphins - with Pennington at QB.

The Bills are going with a second year quarterback who was unimpressive as a rookie and basically won the job over Losman by default. While I like a lot of what that team has done, I've got to go with the Jets until Edwards convinces me otherwise.

The Jets...I have to see more from Trent Edwards. While the Bills had a lot of injuries this year, the Jets made several free agent move, both should be much better but Favre v Edwards is pretty one-sided.

well, tuna vs favre? I take tuna, but you asked about the bills, right? who cares. it's pats (undefeated, btw), fins, bills, jets. I think BF will carry the team for a couple games, but that the wheels will fall of as he tires. I think the jets pack it in after (or halfway through) game eleven.

I say the only playoff team from the AFCE will be the Patriots. The Jets might win 9-10 games but there are a too many teams better then them in the AFC.

Patriots
Chargers
Colts
Jags
Titans
Browns
Steelers

Where do the Jets fit in? Nowhere that's where. I don't see the Jets taking down any of those teams.

The Jets have more talent, but it'll probably take some time for Favre to mesh in. I think the Bills will finish with a better record, but I doubt they'll make the playoff. The Browns/Steelers (whoever doesn't win the North) will surely be a wild card, as will the Jags/Titans (whoever finishes behind Indy).

Look at the schedule that the north has to play...AFC south and NFC East. Add that to 2 physical games apiece against teams like Baltimore, Pitt, etc. I don't see any team in the AFC North realistically winning more than 9 games. That opens the door for an east team, with a weak schedule to sneak into a wild card slot.

I'll take the Bills. That said, watching them in the preseason against Washington today, their defense, which I thought would be pretty good and help carry their team, looks like garbage. Campbell marched down the field on them, Todd Collins picked them apart, Ladell Betts is running them over... not pretty if you're a Bills fan.

I would say the Jets without a doubt. Unit by unit.

QB - Jets
WR - Jets
RB - Bills
OL - Jets
TE - Jets
DL - Bills
LB - Jets
CB - Jets
S - Jets

I think the Jets are a little better than most people give them credit for. They improved their O Line and D Line, added a play maker at TE, they have good LBs and a good secondary. I am not sold on their depth but week 2 is going to be a good contest.

The Browns/Steelers (whoever doesn't win the North) will surely be a wild card, as will the Jags/Titans (whoever finishes behind Indy).

The AFC North teams play against the AFC South and NFC East. They have brutal schedules and I feel very safe saying that only one AFC North team will make the playoffs. Considering Pitt also plays NE and SD along with those two divisions they'll have a spectacular year if they go 8-8.

i dont want to invoke bad karma by talking about #2 before the season starts.we are the better team overall but lets be humble and let it play out.injuries and other s**t can happen which change a lot things.

I would say the Jets without a doubt. Unit by unit.

QB - Jets
WR - Jets
RB - Bills
OL - Jets
TE - Jets
DL - Bills
LB - Jets
CB - Jets
S - Jets

I think the Jets are a little better than most people give them credit for. They improved their O Line and D Line, added a play maker at TE, they have good LBs and a good secondary. I am not sold on their depth but week 2 is going to be a good contest.

I think you are massively overrating the Jets. I'll take the Bills offensive line over theirs, for one - the Bills have an actual left tackle in Jason Peters, not a weak right tackle type masquerading as one like D'Bustashaw. I'll take the Bills wide receivers, linebackers (unless Gholston comes along quickly), and cornerbacks too.

Until I see something different on the field and between players and Mangini, I'm going to say the Bills have the better TEAM right now.

Tossing a bunch of highly paid FAs and an aging Drama Queen Interception Machine does not a TEAM make.

Edit: I'd like to point out that Drama Queen Interception Machine rhymes.

Last edited:
Neither team will get a playoff berth so it hardly matters.

Neither team will get a playoff berth so it hardly matters.
I think one of them can beat out the Titans, but I don't have the AFC south schedule in my head..

Edit: Titans play CIN, BAL, CHI, DET away. They should be able to beat Detroit and Chicago atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes