PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets STH sues Patriots, Belichick for $184M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. That is a stupid lawsuit. No seriously. On so many levels. What surprises me though is that it survived long enough to even be certified as a class action lawsuit. Hopefully there is still some sanity in this world and it gets dismissed fairly soon. What a crock of BS.

AzPatsFan?? Are you still out there? Hello?.....guess he's speechless:eek:

Not I, fellow legal beagles. I don't remember what the American Tort Lawyer's Association renamed itself. i don't spend my time keeping aware of who are the current Mob bosses. Tony Soprano, John Gotti and Pamela ambulance-chaser-whats-her-name. BTW is she the Prez of that Mob?

And I stand by my observations. Thurgood might have been a tort lawyer as a youngster which I allowed in my post, in his raw rookie years as an attorney. But he was counsel for the NAACP and worked for and with several Unions in creating labor agreements to integrate some craft unions, which at one time were lily white and a prime activity of the NAACP before the late Fifties. That and challenging Democrat, liberal-passed, Jim Crow laws, were the kinds of useful and necessary Law that Thurgood practiced.
I don't see a lot of ambulance chasing in his resume`. Sorry but Nice Try, fellahs...

Lighten Up. Surely your Hollywood propaganda machine and constant story themes about the wunnerful, selfless, dedicated, lawyers bucking the system, should protect you, and allow you to relax a bit (and keep the gravy train rolling)...

As a poster said, the problem with Lawyer jokes is that Lawyers don't think they are funny; and everyone else doesn't think they are Jokes...

Nuff said anyway.

The original Jets Fan lawsuit is hilarious...;)

Lighten Up. Surely your Hollywood propaganda machine and constant story themes about the wunnerful, selfless, dedicated, lawyers bucking the system, should protect you, and allow you to relax a bit (and keep the gravy train rolling)...
Did you lose a lawsuit or something? You seem bitter.

The only thing I can pin on lawyers is the death of JFK, 9/11, and the area 51 aliens.

Q: What do lawyers do after they die?
A: They lie still.:eek:

Hahaha. That is a stupid lawsuit. No seriously. On so many levels. What surprises me though is that it survived long enough to even be certified as a class action lawsuit. Hopefully there is still some sanity in this world and it gets dismissed fairly soon. What a crock of BS.

I have seen nothing that suggests the case has been certified as a class action. The complaint alleges a class action, but that is quite different from being certified as one. Maybe I missed some news, but I wouldn't even think a certification motion has been filed yet.

Why is this story getting so much traction? Why is there a 165-post thread? I mean, the story is no more interesting than a lawsuit that alleges, "man meets with aliens who say that Belichick uses their technlogy to intercept opposing coaches' brain waves."

The lawsuit is so patently frivolous and the plaintiff probably delusional that it's just absurd. Anyone can file pretty much anything in "federal court" if they pay the filing fee. It doesn't make it news.

"The lawsuit is so patently frivolous and the plaintiff probably delusional that it's just absurd. Anyone can file pretty much anything in "federal court" if they pay the filing fee. It doesn't make it news."

I almost think that it's more likely there are sanctions against the plaintiff here than that the Pats actually have to engage in any serious discovery. Agree?

I think what's interesting is what happens if the judge doesn't throw it out.

The case will be tried in Jets Country. The jury will consist of individuals who either are or at the very least, have friends and/or family members who are Jets fans.

There is no way Belichick or the Patriots could ever get a fair trial in New Jersey.

Sensing that, they'd probably have to settle, no matter how ridiculous the case may be.

The question is whether the judge is a reasonable man or just another Jets homer in a robe.

I think what's interesting is what happens if the judge doesn't throw it out.

The case will be tried in Jets Country. The jury will consist of individuals who either are or at the very least, have friends and/or family members who are Jets fans.

There is no way Belichick or the Patriots could ever get a fair trial in New Jersey.

Sensing that, they'd probably have to settle, no matter how ridiculous the case may be.

The question is whether the judge is a reasonable man or just another Jets homer in a robe.

Don't spend time worrying about the case. Seriously.

Litigation takes time. Even the most frivolous filings can stick around for a while before they are dismissed from busy judges' dockets. But this is one you just don't need to let concern you even for a moment. Take my word for it.

This is why we should shoot all lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call