PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets STH sues Patriots, Belichick for $184M

Status
Not open for further replies.
A typical New Yorker. Jets fans are so depressed this is the only thing they can hang on to.

These posters are pretty pathetic, but it's not that different from most football forums. I used to enjoy going to other teams' messageboards before the game, to get some local insight into their teams strengths and weaknesses, and found it exhausting to wade through the piles and piles of dross to find some real insight. The Bengalszone is fairly typical and depressing this way, actually, although they have refreshingly not latched onto the prohibited videotaping as a source of inner strength, like the Jets' and Colts' fans have.

These Jets sadsacks are already counting their pennies from a lawsuit filed by a nuisance-driven legal quack. If anyone remembers the show Barney Miller, you've seen this guy before: he is the embodiment of Arnold Ripner, the shady attorney who harassed Harris.

And I still see the new Ron Borges AKA Mike Florio, is still burning a candle to this nonsense..

Ok, then you go find a press release where they announced this "new rule". At this point I'd say I have the preponderance of the evidence.

I never claimed it was a new rule, someone else did. It's probably an old one. I was just pointing out that you were offering "proof" that wasn't really proof at all. You said "clearly it's not a new rule in the past 13 years". But the links you presented as your research for that statement don't clearly point to any such thing.

I never claimed it was a new rule, someone else did. It's probably an old one. I was just pointing out that you were offering "proof" that wasn't really proof at all. You said "clearly it's not a new rule in the past 13 years". But the links you presented as your research for that statement don't clearly point to any such thing.
Ok, my proof's not watertight, but it's still more proof than the other side's offered.

Who's the doofus?? This has nothing to do with Goodell, an attorney would not have done anything differently. The commissioner's not going to avoid taking action against a team because it could cause some nutjob to file a completely frivilous lawsuit. You can be sure his decision was vetted by the NFL's legal counsel, and you can also be sure that no lawyer advised him against this because of third-party RICO liability.

The whole RICO thing makes the guy and any lawyer considering taking this case a laughing stock!

If i was the lawyer for the pats i would file a "motion 7 article 6.73 to Limine". Hopefully this would disrupt litigation and help mitigate the preponderance of the evidence that the jets are so desperately seeking.

Then i would file an Article 3.09 motion to remove the other lawyer and try to re-acquaint my positive witness with the moot case.

Thus, the next (and most obvious) step would be to reconfigure the motion to dismiss based on the positive corroboration of the class action lawsuit witnesses and union delegates from the tri-state area.

then AND ONLY THEN, can the motion to withhold the cantankerous evidence be Proposed under the New Jersey and New England Statute 3.57

I hope i didn't confuse some of you. I know a lot about the law and maybe i should have worded this differently for you "amateurs"

Law isn't that difficult to understand, so don't under estimate your audience. Also, who needs to understand any of the motions, laws or processes when we all know this can't go anywhere?

Let the participants of the classs action and their lawyers make fools of themselves. I'd actually prefer to watch them get frustrated, upset and embaressed by their own idiotic behavior!:cool:

Depositions under oath are a bad thing in this case. This case will be all over Court TV. BB and the Pats want this to go away and this helps ensure it will not.

BB and anyone from the Patriots (the greatest team ever!) will never even see a subpoena regarding this joke.

Sanvara, you really need to get off the "I want the Patriots to pay!" pedastal! You keep showing us the anger you carry around regarding this and it clearly shows you lack the ability to accept that....

IT'S ALL OVER!!:D

Last edited:
If there was any doubt there isn't any now. The Jets fans are the bottom feeders of the NFL.

There was never a doubt that trial lawyers are the bottom feeders of society.

Jesus, do Jets fans not want to see their team beat New England ever again? Yeah, we really needed a competitive edge in 2005, didn't we?

Atorneys Mayer & Afran are a couple of "jokester" lawyers who have taken on numerous cases that serve only to tie up the court system and give them publicity.

Hopefully they'll both break their necks tripping over their ego's!:D

Atorneys Mayer & Afran are a couple of "jokester" lawyers who have taken on numerous cases that serve only to tie up the court system and give them publicity.

Hopefully they'll both break their necks tripping over their ego's!:D

The saddest part of our system is that bottom-feeders like these leeches have nothing to lose. This is where '3 stikes and your out' for wasteful litigators would be useful.

The saddest part of our system is that bottom-feeders like these leeches have nothing to lose. This is where '3 stikes and your out' for wasteful litigators would be useful.

LMAO!!! Great idea!

Why not just say Jets fan sues Patriots, Belichick for $184 million. No need for a little used acronym in a thread title.

Hey, this dude practically lives in my backyard - I should look him up & plant a Pats flag on his front lawn (under cover of darkness of course) haha :p

Good news all around -

1.) It keeps the story alive to help keep this team angry and focused

2.) It will give us a chance to put every other coach and assistant on the stand - including Mangini - to show how many other teams engage in this practice

the jets fans know they are lost... they do this to vent out their frustration on a rival... this will pass.

Our legal system is a joke. I have a feeling Hammurabi's Code would be a step up.

There was never a doubt that trial lawyers are the bottom feeders of society.

=====================================

Q: What's the problem with lawyer jokes?
A: Lawyer's don't think they're funny, and no one else thinks they're jokes.

Please don't use something as ridiculous as Ralph Nader to trivialize something as important as a Jets fan's bitter stupidity.

The amount of stupidity in this therad is enormous. You've got a flowery political rant which makes the Wizard of Oz look like reality TV. And you've got almost everyone claiming those Jets fan lawyers are idiots...

In fact, though, as much as I detest their strategy and think it will fail, it's brilliant. They have a *chance* to do exactly what they want to do, which is to put the heat on BB and the Patriots and further embarass them. The money is incidental, it provides a basis for convincing a court to let it proceed to trial and it garners publicity but they never expect to see a cent I think. But they want their point of view heard. It might work, if the cards fall just right and the NFL's and the Patriots' lawyers make a misstep or they get a favorable judge. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back