PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the rivalry, which is not my thing, Ive taken my shots on both sides of the fence, really not interested.

Jets are not hype.
Jets are a ground pounding team. Their major weapon on the offense in 2009 was Running, and in my opinion thats no longer the force it was.

I believe they messed that chemistry up with getting LT and letting go Jones. So a minus in the RB core.

I do like their improved WR core with Holmes it made their passing game better. so a plus in the WR core.

Problem is can the Jets switch from a running offense to a west coast passing offense .
Is Sanchez capable? yes, will he get it done? I don't know, but it is what they have to do.

You know B.Marshall is something to get excited about in miami, problem is Henning is passing to him. Not Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rivers , yes Henning. suddenly BM doesn't sound very scary to me.

Jets had a #14 ranked defense in 2008, and #1 in 2009. It was #1 we played it, it was solid.
I havnt seen the Saints kept to 10 pts in 4 years, they did it. Kudos

Three problems I see for the Jets this season:
1. Rex is the real deal, but can he be consistent every season.
2.Can the Jets switch to a pass/run 50/50 and win. Thats up to Sanchez because there OL is good, and I know they have good WR's core, not great but good enough if you put it in Bradys hands it would produce. I might be wrong, but I see no other option for them to be successful on offense.
3. Can the defense repeat, or was it just a fluke.

To me #3 is the most important. To me that was what kept the Jets in the running. With all respect, and I might be dead wrong. But I do think they are a problem, if they address these points.

Last edited:
According to today's NY Post - Revis sounds like he's serious about his holdout. Would change their defense entirely without him shutting down one side of the field.

Cromartie and a rookie as starting CBs..

Jets check with Revis about holdout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes