PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets complaint prompted interrogation of 3 Patriots employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullygate II?

Jets instigated sideline interrogation of three Kraft Sports employees

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.”

Lenny Bandy and **** Farley of NFL Security thereafter investigated the situation, questioning three employees of Kraft Sports, whose responsibilities include in-stadium entertainment, such as the music and other sound coming through speakers in the stadium. (Kraft Sports is owned by Robert Kraft, who also owns the Patriots.)

One of the employees also is responsible for keeping fresh batteries in the referee’s in-stadium microphone. But Mastroddi didn’t initially accept the explanation that a team employee would be responsible for ensuring the performance of the referee’s microphone; Mastroddi said “people responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.” In response to Mastroddi’s concerns, Bandy called 345 Park Avenue and spoke with Jay Reid of the officiating department, who confirmed that the referee’s in-stadium microphone is handled by the teams, not by the league.

The email obtained by PFT points out that a reporter from Sports Illustrated had approached Mastroddi after the game, because the reporter noticed that Mastroddi had been “very active” with NFL Security on the sideline. Mastroddi said he declined comment on or off the record, but that he informed Jets executives about his concerns and the ensuing investigation.

Asked Friday by reporters about the “alleged locker room sweep” on Sunday, Jets coach Todd Bowles said, “I know nothing about it.”

It’s unclear whether Bowles knows about the separate investigation; he wasn’t asked that specific question. But it’s hard to imagine that Bowles didn’t know or hadn’t since heard about it.

Asked whether he’s suspicious of the Patriots, Bowles said, “No, we just go up there to play football.”

The team’s head of security was doing more than playing football on Sunday. Whatever his game was, Mastroddi struck out swinging. The league ultimately found that “there is nothing to indicate that the conduct or actions of the aforementioned individuals [on Sunday] were inappropriate,” and the league closed the matter on Monday.

Last edited:
One of the employees also is responsible for keeping fresh batteries in the referee’s in-stadium microphone. But Mastroddi didn’t initially accept the explanation that a team employee would be responsible for ensuring the performance of the referee’s microphone; Mastroddi said “people responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.” In response to Mastroddi’s concerns, Bandy called 345 Park Avenue and spoke with Jay Reid of the officiating department, who confirmed that the referee’s in-stadium microphone is handled by the teams, not by the league."

Douchebag holds a title yet does not know the rules ..... SOJ.

It's beyond time for the Patriot fans to start protesting the leadership of Goodell and Kraft, we have been ****ed enough. Either Bob goes after Roger, or Rog before Bob, or we are ****ed completely. We have no traction in this league, they only want to tear us down. There is no protection, when the witch hunt is against you. We can, and we will win, but what is the cost? Who is our friend at this point?
So you are you going to have buy the two billion dollar Patriots franchise and run it better than Kraft has?

So you are fine that our game day personell are being kept from doing their jobs so they can be photographed and interrogated because the opponents made up a bs complaint? I'm not
If it means stadium music isn't blaring every non-action second and if it means refs mikes run out of power saving us from listening to incorrect calls........then yep....I'm fine with it!!!
I'm also fine with the fact that both the Jets and the NFL want to be viewed as idiots .....in the public eye. With 10 days off......keep this boobery coming

Source: Jets' complaint prompted interrogation of Patriots sideline staff

And we continue to live in their heads.

If every minor complaint to the NFL leads to people being detained and interrogated, my worry is that other teams (e.g., Jets) use this as a distraction technique even though they actually have no legitimate concerns. They can just throw out frivolous complaints and know the NFL will overreact.

It is now clear that the NFL is now just blatantly overreacting to everything and treating the Patriots like crap, stepping over the line, being completely disrespectful, and has been doing this since the AFCC game. They seem to have the attitude that the Patriots are doing something wrong and we are going to do whatever it takes to prove it, even if it means disregarding basic courtesy and respect/civility and due process. (#patriotsarepeopletoo)

My hope is this only fuels the rage of BB. I wish he would go over the top and just hire a security team to protect all his employees from harassment from NFL schmucks.

Firstly, the NYJ have the highest cheating index in the NFL, according to one pretty good source: The New York Jets Complete Cheating History - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

So, isn't it a curiosity that they point the proverbial finger...at any other team? In fact, all other NFL teams should be questioning the NYJ. :mad:

And after employees of the NE franchise get abused by these types of cheaters in an effort to have the rest look at anyone else but themselves, a rather sour taste is surely left through the entire org- not just the Pats players. Perhaps, this is a legitimate impetus to finish off all teams in a large way; skip the informal "running the score" bit? Hey, these points are for those who support us; the ones you made victims of your silly off-the-field games. :eek:

1. ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
      PFT's Week Nine power rankings, Multiple Teams Want The NFL to Declare The Patriots Doodyheads edition http://wp.me/p14QSB-9TRI
I was just about to post this, Mack. It proves that all of our hard work in making the nation aware of the real nature of "deflategate" is beginning to gain some national traction. If we have the persistence to keep it up, we will reap further gains going forward. Let no attack go unanswered. That is the answer.

Part of the NFL strategy is to investigate bullsh|t claims and say they found nothing wrong, so they then can say "Look we don't always find something wrong" to give themselves credibility with deflate bullcrap.

Problem is it's like a racist cop stopping black people 99% of the time on traffic stops (in a city that is predominantly white), and saying "Look there are 20 black people I didn't shoot in the head." Fine, it doesn't mean you aren't a racist.

I was just about to post this, Mack. It proves that all of our hard work in making the nation aware of the real nature of "deflategate" is beginning to gain some national traction. If we have the persistence to keep it up, we will reap further gains going forward. Let no attack go unanswered. That is the answer.
Remember when we used to be just football fans?

This is why the Jets is such a pathetic franchise. They hired people like Robert Mastroddi, who doesn't even understand the rules.

Feel stupid now, huh Mastroddi?
Probably not, since he got the reaction he wanted. More suspicion of the Pats from the uninformed, the people who won't look past the headlines. Then the next time the League's proxies "leaks" another unsubstantiated innuendo filled story it will have even more legitimacy. This is the "Big Lie" personified. And the ONLY way to fight it is with the truth. It will NOT go away if you ignore it.

It's beyond time for the Patriot fans to start protesting the leadership of Goodell and Kraft, we have been ****ed enough. Either Bob goes after Roger, or Rog before Bob, or we are ****ed completely. We have no traction in this league, they only want to tear us down. There is no protection, when the witch hunt is against you. We can, and we will win, but what is the cost? Who is our friend at this point?
Yeah, you just trot on down to Route 1 with your anti- Bob Kraft sign and join the thousands who'll already be there singing songs and carrying their own signs. That'll work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes