PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerusalem Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1139395573984&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/Printer

Patriots QB Brady touches down in Israel

Jerusalem Post Sports Staff, THE JERUSALEM POST Mar. 10, 2006

There was a palpable air of excitement Thursday night at the Kraft Family Stadium, as two-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady of the New England Patriots made a special visit to see what American Football in Israel was all about.

Fans of all ages surrounded Brady as he signed autographs and threw passes to some of the AFI athletes. "It is really an honor and a privilege to have him come here," said Meira Harow of the Mishan Plumbers.

Brady spoke with excitement about being in Israel. "It's always been a place I've been intrigued by," he told The Jerusalem Post. "It's the one place in the world where there's so much to learn about and there are so many things that make this country great."

"It's the history and the future," he added.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft said he believed it was really spectacular that Brady made the journey to Israel. "He's a special person, he's very inquisitive and very intelligent," he said.

Kraft and Brady landed at Ben-Gurion Airport Tuesday evening and went directly to the Western Wall. "I've heard so much about it," Brady stated. "I could really feel the energy."

Brady said he was very impressed by the AFI, and told the Post that sports was a great way to bring people from different backgrounds together.

American Football in Israel is a nonprofit association which was granted official recognition as the sport's governing body in Israel by the Education Ministry's Sports Authority.

Brady was traveling to Israel as part of a Combined Jewish Philanthropies leadership mission from the Boston area.

Commenting on Brady's visit, AFI President Steve Leibowitz said, "It is an honor to have one of the best players in Super Bowl history visiting Israel. It is truly commendable that such a sports superstar would take the time out of his busy schedule to show his support for the people of Israel."

The "Mishan Plumbers" -- what the h*ll kind of a name is that for a football team (or any kind of team, for that matter)? :)

Brady just checked off yet another on his To Do list for his post football political career.

I for one am happy to see the close bond between the owner and the player. In contrast, Kraft's love for Bledsoe led to Drew's big contract that fortunately had a viable OUT for the Pats.

Mike the Brit said:
The "Mishan Plumbers" -- what the h*ll kind of a name is that for a football team (or any kind of team, for that matter)? :)

Just a misspelling. Jake Plummer co-owns the team with actor Christopher Plummer.

shmessy said:
Just a misspelling. Jake Plummer co-owns the team with actor Christopher Plummer.

That's a relief -- I thought they might be engaged in arranging break-ins at the offices of political opponents.

Mike the Brit said:
That's a relief -- I thought they might be engaged in arranging break-ins at the offices of political opponents.

The stadium bathrooms NEVER overflow.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Brady just checked off yet another on his To Do list for his post football political career.

I for one am happy to see the close bond between the owner and the player. In contrast, Kraft's love for Bledsoe led to Drew's big contract that fortunately had a viable OUT for the Pats.

One thing that can never change between Brady and Kraft however, is 3 World Titles. Kraft got all gushy over Drew before he really proved himself...not saying he didn't but he did kinda put the cart before the horse. At least with Brady, he knows what he has and has history to back him up.
If Brady goes on to suck, he will always have 3 titles that NO ONE can take away.

I wonder if any other player was invited.

smg93 said:
I wonder if any other player was invited.

Doubt it...Brady was invited for his star power. No Patriot has star power like Brady - he is the sport right now. Bruschi has star power in NE, but nothing like what Brady's status is.

Kraft was basically pimping out Tommy!

Last edited:
More news from Jerusalem

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/692640.html

Patriots' Brady 'couldn't miss opportunity to visit'
By Daphna Berman

Two-time Superbowl MVP Tom Brady threw out the first pass at an American Football in Israel (AFI) scrimmage game last night at Jerusalem's Kraft stadium.

Brady, who plays quarterback for the New England Patriots, is on tour in Israel this week, together with Robert and Myra Kraft, owners of the NFL team.

"It's great to see what football has become here," Brady said in the capital last night. "Football is such a wonderful sport and unfortunately, many people in the world don't understand it."

In his appearance at the stadium, Brady graciously gave out autographs, posed for pictures, and chatted with fans.

He expressed his particular support for the women's flag football team and even asked one young fan for her autograph, after she shyly asked him for his.

"My 48 hours here so far have been great," he said. "This is a beautiful country with wonderful people and places. It is one place in the world that there is so much to learn about and I would love to understand all the things that make this country great. This was an opportunity that I couldn't give up."

Brady, who arrived in Israel on Tuesday and flies out again on Sunday, has visited Christian sites in Bethlehem, as well as Jewish sites in the Old City.

He's hoping to spend the weekend relaxing at the Dead Sea or in the Galilee. "I grew up Catholic and it's incredible to see all of the things I read about in the Bible," he said.

mikey said:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/692640.html

Patriots' Brady 'couldn't miss opportunity to visit'
By Daphna Berman

Two-time Superbowl MVP Tom Brady threw out the first pass at an American Football in Israel (AFI) scrimmage game last night at Jerusalem's Kraft stadium.

Brady, who plays quarterback for the New England Patriots, is on tour in Israel this week, together with Robert and Myra Kraft, owners of the NFL team.

"It's great to see what football has become here," Brady said in the capital last night. "Football is such a wonderful sport and unfortunately, many people in the world don't understand it."

In his appearance at the stadium, Brady graciously gave out autographs, posed for pictures, and chatted with fans.

He expressed his particular support for the women's flag football team and even asked one young fan for her autograph, after she shyly asked him for his.

"My 48 hours here so far have been great," he said. "This is a beautiful country with wonderful people and places. It is one place in the world that there is so much to learn about and I would love to understand all the things that make this country great. This was an opportunity that I couldn't give up."

Brady, who arrived in Israel on Tuesday and flies out again on Sunday, has visited Christian sites in Bethlehem, as well as Jewish sites in the Old City.

He's hoping to spend the weekend relaxing at the Dead Sea or in the Galilee. "I grew up Catholic and it's incredible to see all of the things I read about in the Bible," he said.

That Daphna Berman can write!

......sorrry, it's Friday afternoon and I'm a bit punchy.

Last edited:
Drewwho said:
Doubt it...Brady was invited for his star power. No Patriot has star power like Brady - he is the sport right now. Bruschi has star power in NE, but nothing like what Brady's status is.

Kraft was basically pimping out Tommy!

The Patriots must have star power over there. They are playing football in Kraft Stadium! :D But I agree, if you had to pimp out anyone, you might as well make it Brady. haha.

It never fails to amaze me how well Tommy handles himself -- asking the little girl for an autograph after she asked for his. I know alot of Colts fan's think it's an act. But it's gone on far too long for it to be an act. They only transgression they can find is that he refused to speak to the media after last year's Colts game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News