PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Jones impeding Roger Goodell's contract negotiations

Came here to post this, super exciting news, almost as exciting as hearing we traded for Cooks.

Schefter tweet here:

And if Jones succeeds, well, I can't believe I'll be thankful to Jerruh for anything.

This seems oddly appropriate.

"Because he's the hero Gotham the NFL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

There is no reason for the owners to give Goodell contract negotiations. He has shown to be either clueless or vindictive, and inconsistent; and there is no way his skillset is tough to replace.

I have no idea why Kraft worships him; or why owners are giving him so much money. Sure NFL revenue is up, but I'm guessing Goodell has had near 0 to do with it.

Give the job to someone who understands fairness and is intelligent.

There is no reason for the owners to give Goodell contract negotiations. He has shown to be either clueless or vindictive, and inconsistent; and there is no way his skillset is tough to replace.

I have no idea why Kraft worships him; or why owners are giving him so much money. Sure NFL revenue is up, but I'm guessing Goodell has had near 0 to do with it.

Give the job to someone who understands fairness and is intelligent.
Ding, Ding. Give that man a cigar. That is the ONLY reason.

Last edited:
Came here to post this, super exciting news, almost as exciting as hearing we traded for Cooks.

Schefter tweet here:

And if Jones succeeds, well, I can't believe I'll be thankful to Jerruh for anything.

This seems oddly appropriate.

"Because he's the hero Gotham the NFL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight."

You understand that he's specifically not trying to oust Goodell. He's said as much. He's trying to get his pay cut down to something a bit less outlandish.

I dont see why you guys like this. Jerry voted against us but now that the shoe is on the other foot he is freaking out, the moron thinks the rules he made don't apply to him

• Winner
Reactions: PP2
The people favoring this are the ones wishing Kraft had done something similar, and I don't think they're thinking the implications all the way through.

Sadly I feel much of the damage is done. This useless walking communications degree has already secured over $100 million during his tenure. This will ensure the survival of his wretched line for at least a few generations, whereas if there were any justice, his lineage would be wiped from the face of the earth.

1w11wv.jpg
1w11wv

You understand that he's specifically not trying to oust Goodell. He's said as much. He's trying to get his pay cut down to something a bit less outlandish.

Like $13/hour?

And you understand that you and I and Schef and everyone but Jerruh have no ****ing clue what he's specifically trying to do, so simmer down about exact predictions unless you happen to be Jerruh.

Like $13/hour?

And you understand that you and I and Schef and everyone but Jerruh have no ****ing clue what he's specifically trying to do, so simmer down about exact predictions unless you happen to be Jerruh.
I'm not, but I'm able to read his quotes.

I'm not, but I'm able to read his quotes.

Like when he said he'd do right by Romo, then ****ed him around all off-season. Or when he said one of the best things about Goodell was his fairness. Or how he loves him some gloryhole...well wait, that one might be true...

Good for him for having a set of balls.

And this helps the Cowboys how? (Answer: not at all, and could hurt them down the road.)

Jerry Jones is to Robert Kraft as Rex Ryan is to Bill Belichik. For the life of me, I'll never understand why so many Pats fans who would never want BB to act more like Rex Ryan want Kraft to be more like Jones.

Everyone wants Goodell to get his but Jerrah is a hypocrite, he told Brady to accept his punishment so if he's a man of his word he should do the same.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back