PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaworski on our multiple TE sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I respect Ron Jaworski's opinion more than any other talking head but recently he's harped on a subject that I think he's being too "simple" with, the Patriots multiple TE sets.

Before today's game he said he's watched the tapes and sees that Watson and Graham were both in 50% of the time and that it's because of our WR situation. Well Ron, aren't they both pretty good TEs? Of course we are thin at WR at the moment (though we definately saw a ton of improvement today) but it's not like we're sending scrubs in there. He hasn't mentioned anything about how talented they are, it's simply because we have no WRs.

To me it would be like if Tony Gonzalez signed with the Colts and Ron says that he and Dallas Clark both being in there is a sign that the Colts have lost confidence in Brandon Stokley.

Jaworski may be wrong on occasion, he is human. However, he at least makes informed statements. He watches the coach's film of each and every game. He knows what he is looking at and looking for. Unlike some people who just watch highlights of a game or read a box socre, this guy knows what he is talking about.

They fail to realize that our TE's are also a huge part of our running game and that our TE's are big fast TE's who create lots of matchup problems with defenses.

BradfordPatsFan said:
Jaworski may be wrong on occasion, he is human. However, he at least makes informed statements. He watches the coach's film of each and every game. He knows what he is looking at and looking for. Unlike some people who just watch highlights of a game or read a box socre, this guy knows what he is talking about.

Oh absolutely. Like I said, I respect his opinion MUCH more than anyone else. That's why I kept waiting for him to say something about how at least we had two very good TEs.

If we were still rolling with Wiggens (the one offensive player to get noticeably better after leaving the Patriots) and Rutledge, then it would be different. :)

I also respect Jaworsky. He earned it when he picked Tom Brady as the league MVP last year and said Brady was the most mobile quarterback in the NFL in terms of what he can do in the pocket.

Hey I'm not a homer.

Ron is generally the most respected commentator by fans I've noticed, but I disagree with him as well.

Still, I wanna see him in the MNF booth! Replace Thismann and maybe give Tony more time to get used to his surrondings and I think that crew would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft