PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Cole:Playoffs put Brady in cranky, intense mood

Status
Not open for further replies.
:blahblah: :blahblah:

Not to mention, much like armchair QB's, 5th WR's who never played the game at this level and apparently can't even when given an opportunity to should be seen and not heard.

Funny, the other thread says the team is very loose.

if you were 4-4 in your last 8 playoff games with 4 loses in a row you would be as well....he is going to be very focused saturday...bad for the broncos

that would be 3 losses in a row (as we are often reminded)

I just dont want to see the red hoodie on saturday for a start...

You and me both.

all of us will be....but like someone said earlier...brady being too focused was an issue in the jets playoff game last year....but i think this week is a different type of focus

I don't know what game you watched in 2009, but Brady's attitude was a factor. Trying to blame it on "a lockerroom disaster" when their play of the field was the issue just doesn't make sense. .

Team chemistry and trust have a lot to do with how a football team plays on the field. Hence the reason BB brought Seau in off the couch. Apparently you did not see what we all saw with that 2009 team.

And missing Welker wasn't the issue as Edelman stepped in and performed amazingly. I'm talking about Brady missing the call on the blocking scheme so that the delayed blitz by Lewis was a clean shot since Maroney had been motioned over to the right to help Vollmer and Connolly. I'm talking about Brady not playing up to his own expectations.

Brady did not have a great game so you blame his attitude. C'mon. Did he miss a line call on Dumervil vs DEN when he got pile-driven into the turf? Was that a missed call because he didn't receive room service in a timely manner the night before so he was grumpy?

Missing Welker was everything. That goes back to trusting your receivers to do their job. Brady threw to Edelman because he had to. Brady throws to Welker because he wants to. Big difference.

I'm also talking about the interception that Brady threw on the first series of the Jets game. Which took a lot of momentum away from the Pats.

So his demeanor and pre-game grumpiness are to root cause to an interception? That is ridiculous.

If you think that he played great in either game, fine. We'll agree to differ. But it seems to me that several other people saw what I saw.

He did not play great but I sure as hell am not going to come up with surliness and grumpiness as a lame-ass reason for his below Brady standards play.

Was he surly and grumpy the week before the 07 divisional playoff game vs JAX? You must know, right? After all, they lost the AFCCG vs Indy the prior year so he was upset. How did he do in that game?

Last edited:
It would be very discouraging if Brady was anything BUT "cranky" and super focused about this game. It sounds like it's rubbing off on guys like OchoCinco (and hopefully others) which is big, given the team's tendency to choke in playoff games recently.

I'm sure that the idea of potentially losing to Flacco, Sanchize and Tebow in consecutive playoff games is something Brady would find unacceptable to, say the least. The Pats have a fairly easy road to the Super Bowl this year, and to squander that against an 8-8 team because they come out flat again would be disastrous for this franchise and its fan base.

This is our game to lose. Only way Denver upsets us is if the team isn't focused for a third straight year. Brady seems to be doing everything he can to make sure that doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST